ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The new version for Android is available:
+ Assist mode usage in % (for each mode), also displayed on speedo as color arcs
= new version of Climb/descent calculation
= fixed font sizing when a phone has non-default font size
= extended session description for exporting

Screenshot_1619166919.png

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The new version for Android was released:
1. It's possible to resume recording sessions after loosing the connection
2. Auto reconnect feature for external sensors
3. Settings for smoothing Altitude, Assist Level, Acceleration

Zoosoup

May 25, 2021
Kent,UK
Hi there,
Just wanted to just double check this, I have a SC-E8000 this will not connect to ST Ride (although did it in the beta? is there a tech issue?) you need a SC-E7000 or EW-EN100 and you cant run a SC-E8000 and a EW-EN100 at the same time and there is no colour option for the SC-E7000.
If this is the case, gutted but hope the SC-E8000 and EW-EN100 are a quick swap as for longer rides normally attach phone for GPS.

Will the SC-EM800 work?

Loving the app btw

Thanks

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Just wanted to just double check this, I have a SC-E8000 this will not connect to ST Ride (although did it in the beta? is there a tech issue?)
It's Shimano fault. Even their ETube Ride does not support SC-E8000

Will the SC-EM800 work?
It 100% works with EP8 motor. But I don't know, if it will work with old motors

Last edited:

Platzhoersch

May 4, 2021
Hannover (Germany)
I now did some ride with your app. And I got one wish do add as information. My usage of preprocessing the data are aiming at getting the most out of the battery. So, would it be possible to plot (and perhabs have some stats) battery usage against altitude gain? Perhabs with color marked driving modes.

Appreciate your work,
Kind greets Bennet

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
You can see it at Statistics -> Charts
I now did some ride with your app. And I got one wish do add as information. My usage of preprocessing the data are aiming at getting the most out of the battery. So, would it be possible to plot (and perhabs have some stats) battery usage against altitude gain? Perhabs with color marked driving modes.

Appreciate your work,
Kind greets Bennet

Zoosoup

May 25, 2021
Kent,UK
It's Shimano fault. Even their ETube Ride does not support SC-E8000

Just a quick update, there is something that works with the SC-E8000, just hooked up my Garmin Fenix5 to my old bike and it gives me D12 options one of which is Di2 battery which actually shows me the main battery %. I think there are 3 types of SC-E8000, one that does no ANT one that does Di2 and one that does everthing. Bikster sell three different versions but there appears to be no part number difference. sc-e8000 | bikester.co.uk I bought the £107 one as a replacement

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The new version for iOS is available:
+ Landscape layout supported
+ Pause in the session recordings
+ Changing Dash/Map/List using Left/Right swipes
+ Multiple watch schemes

Kema

Aug 7, 2021
Stockholm, Sweden
I can't upload to Strava. Strava is configured and in Settings is says connected. But I only get an error message "Can't connect to Strava"
Did Strava changed the api or something!?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I can't upload to Strava. Strava is configured and in Settings is says connected. But I only get an error message "Can't connect to Strava"
Did Strava changed the api or something!?
Android or iOS?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Sorry. Xiaomi Android 11, ST Ride 1.7.48
I've checked on 2 phones with Android 10 & 11 system. All works fine. Try to re-grant access to Strava at App's settings.

p.s. PM for more details: does your phone has Strava installed? how did you grant access to STRide (via App or browser)?

Kema

Aug 7, 2021
Stockholm, Sweden
I've checked on 2 phones with Android 10 & 11 system. All works fine. Try to re-grant access to Strava at App's settings.

p.s. PM for more details: does your phone has Strava installed? how did you grant access to STRide (via App or browser)?
I have Strava installed, can't remember if I granted access through the app or browser.
But re-granting access solved it. Used both app and browser to grant access this time.
Thanks a lot.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
iPhone is required, because iPhone provides Bluetooth connection with a bike. Watches are just for displaying data

CrunchBytes

Subscriber
Oct 7, 2021
Warwick, UK
Used this app (iPhone and Apple Watch) for first time this week on my new Orbea Rise with the LED display (no screen).
Brilliant! And perfect for giving me that important battery percentage. Thank you! Love the fact it’s on my watch.
But, how do I upload direct to Strava? I tried the ‘Strava’ export, there’s a spinning circle, but no upload.
It’s no biggie, as I can export the GPX (think I read it records heart rate in the GPX as well?), just would save a couple of steps.
But, for me without a display - brilliant! And I love all the stats to look at afterwards.
does it detect when you ‘pedal through’ the 25kph assistance limit?
Thank you!

CrunchBytes

Subscriber
Oct 7, 2021
Warwick, UK
You have to grant access to Strava at App's settings first.
Thanks
Thank you - that did it! (Thought I’d done that already, but maybe each time on iOS 15.1?)
Still brilliant, but I think the calories used might be a smidgen optimistic. Thinks I did 1900 cals in 19mi. Lol

But, thank you, a really useful app!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Still brilliant, but I think the calories used might be a smidgen optimistic. Thinks I did 1900 cals in 19mi. Lol
It's strange. Cals works fine for me - it should be around 106 ccal in 19min (for 80kg and average HR 100)

Please check your weight at App's settings, make a session recording, export it into STRide format and send it to me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles