ST Ride App - Tracker/dash/logger for STEPS motors

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
@vadII help!

I have ST Ride on iOS and it has been working fine for my normal bike. Since I did a ride with another (rental) bike I have been having crashes - if I start it and try and look at recorded it asks be if I want to resume a session and then crashes, but if I connect to a bike it works, and I can start a session but when I swipe to map view while in active dash view it crashes.

I have removed and reinstalled, and checked for updates. In Finder I can see Imports/Exports folder (empty) a sqlite3 DB and a temp gps file. Is there any trouble shooting steps I can take?
Sorry, understand nothing. Please make a video/screen recordings and send me via PM. Thanks

Santa_cruzer

Nov 7, 2020
USA
@vadII help!

I have ST Ride on iOS and it has been working fine for my normal bike. Since I did a ride with another (rental) bike I have been having crashes - if I start it and try and look at recorded it asks be if I want to resume a session and then crashes, but if I connect to a bike it works, and I can start a session but when I swipe to map view while in active dash view it crashes.

I have removed and reinstalled, and checked for updates. In Finder I can see Imports/Exports folder (empty) a sqlite3 DB and a temp gps file. Is there any trouble shooting steps I can take?

I am having this same problem. It seems to happen when trying to access anything that uses maps. When trying to view past rides, or when trying to look at maps while connected to the bike. Even when going to ‘Download online maps regions’ in app settings.
It seemed to start happening around the time I upgraded to IOS 18 but that might have nothing to do with it.
It exports map data to Strava and i can view the map there, but not in the STride app.
I cannot upload videos here either, but I could email them, or paste the logs from my iPhone if that would help.

Thank you!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I am having this same problem. It seems to happen when trying to access anything that uses maps. When trying to view past rides, or when trying to look at maps while connected to the bike. Even when going to ‘Download online maps regions’ in app settings.
It seemed to start happening around the time I upgraded to IOS 18 but that might have nothing to do with it.
It exports map data to Strava and i can view the map there, but not in the STride app.
I cannot upload videos here either, but I could email them, or paste the logs from my iPhone if that would help.

Thank you!
Yes, Apple changed some basic functions in iOS 18 and they started to rise errors instead of returning error value...
New version posted to AppStore, waiting for the review

Santa_cruzer

Nov 7, 2020
USA
Yes, Apple changed some basic functions in iOS 18 and they started to rise errors instead of returning error value...
New version posted to AppStore, waiting for the review

Thank you for working on so fast!
Quick review, maps are functions again! But when clicking Recorded Sessions it still crashes.

Thanks again for working on this!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I finally added the Scheme editor to the App (v1.20 for Android currently).

You can found it at "App's settings" -> "Display schemes" -> "Edit schemes".

It's possible to add a new empty scheme, add a new scheme as a copy of another scheme, edit any user's scheme and delete a scheme.

At the scheme editor, by clicking on an item you can change an item parameters, including item type (text, bar, chart). Long click - delete item from a scheme.

Main screen (schemes list):
Main screen

Scheme editor:
Screenshot_20241023_143112.png

Scheme settings:
Screenshot_20241023_143055.png

Text/Bar/Chart settings:
Screenshot_20241023_143137.png Screenshot_20241023_143151.png Screenshot_20241023_143206.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles