Rise motor error code

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
If only I could disconnect the battery to see if that resets it , not prepared to mess with it though , probably best to leave it alone if it all seems to be working ok .

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Yeah, regarding taking the battery out, I definitely think that this is one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Has anyone ridden the bike while the error code shows? Is everything ok with the function of the bike? If so, I'd just check with the dealer and let them figure it out and still ride the bike as normal.

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
Hello,

this code appears after upgrading to 4.1.4 it works normaly. But i also got i after upgrade.

Screenshot_20210405-152012_E-TUBE.jpg

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
Just speculating but wondering if it’s a byproduct of RS firmware? Do standard ep8’s have same issue?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Can I take it to any Shimano approved bike shop? I bought from Tredz who are 200 mile away from me

i believe you can to have updates etc done

I have been told for things like warranty claims they have to go back and through the place of purchase so my local bike shop told me

Borut

Mar 21, 2021
Slovenia
By European law u can take your bike to Orbea dealership everywhere u can contact oreba and they will tell u where to go. So every orbea dealer has to accept warranty claim it doesnt metter wherebu bought the bike if u have a bill and valid warranty....but i know its very bad behaviour and envy from some dealership if u didnt buy product at their shop

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
By European law u can take your bike to Orbea dealership everywhere u can contact oreba and they will tell u where to go. So every orbea dealer has to accept warranty claim it doesnt metter wherebu bought the bike if u have a bill and valid warranty....but i know its very bad behaviour and envy from some dealership if u didnt buy product at their shop

Totally agree we have some very Envious dealers in the uk
I have been trying to order a range extender and the three places near to me all refused to order me one all because I didn’t purchase my rise from them !!!

I have sorted it now and ordered one elsewhere but they all lost a nearly £500 sale ?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Just checked my bike and there's no power there at all. It'll cycle through the Eco, Trail and Boost modes but there's nothing there. I have it hooked up to my Garmin with the Orbea data field thingy and the assist, cadence etc all show zero when riding :cry:

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Must be related to that firmware update failure. Have you had it to the shop yet? I'm sure a reset/reinstall of the firmware will fix it.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Must be related to that firmware update failure. Have you had it to the shop yet? I'm sure a reset/reinstall of the firmware will fix it.

I'm taking it to the lbs tomorrow as he's got the shimano diagnostic box. I did phone Tredz earlier where I bought the bike from and they just said take it to an Orbea dealer and send them the bill. Its either a 2 hour round trip to the nearest Orbea dealer or 2 minutes down the road to a kid I know.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I'm taking it to the lbs tomorrow as he's got the shimano diagnostic box. I did phone Tredz earlier where I bought the bike from and they just said take it to an Orbea dealer and send them the bill. Its either a 2 hour round trip to the nearest Orbea dealer or 2 minutes down the road to a kid I know.

Let’s hope it’s a easy fix ??keep us updated

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I Still haven’t done the firmware update do you think I would be better off leaving it for the time being will it do any harm or should I risk updating it it

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I Still haven’t done the firmware update do you think I would be better off leaving it for the time being will it do any harm or should I risk updating it it
Hard to say , mine did update ok after seeming to struggle with connection at one point .

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I updated mine just fine. I made sure the wifi signal was strong. It took less than 30 minutes...maybe way less. I started it and walked away, when I came back 30 minutes later it was done. The error code was there before the update and still there after the update. Bike works perfectly. Who knows how long that error code has been there. Sure doesn't affect the ride.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Doing firmware updates seems so dodgy! (When not using a cable.) Can think of so many ways it could go wrong - these are the things I'd try to make sure are ok just in case:
  • Phone can't run out of battery
  • Bike can't run out of battery
  • Stable internet connection on phone
  • Stable bluetooth connection from phone to bike (keep them close)
  • Don't let the phone power off or go to sleep while in progress
  • Don't exit the e-tube app while in progress
  • Don't let the bike power off while in progress (guessing the update system should stop this happening automatically)
Shimano seem to try and revert back to the old firmware if it fails, but seems to not always work ...

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
So I took the bike down to my LBS. He did warn me his box was a bit temperamental as it was failing to accept a firmware update itself but it worked fine 80% of the time. He's been waiting for a new box from Shimano for nearly 6 months. Anyway he hooked it up to the bike and it wouldn't work. Rang JE James who are an Orbea and Shimano dealer to be told they don't have the new diagnostic boxes for that particular motor and were hoping they would be getting them from Shimano next month. Spoke to Tredz and I'm just gonna let them sort it out.
@RickBullotta you said you'd done the update no problem with the box didn't you?

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
So I took the bike down to my LBS. He did warn me his box was a bit temperamental as it was failing to accept a firmware update itself but it worked fine 80% of the time. He's been waiting for a new box from Shimano for nearly 6 months. Anyway he hooked it up to the bike and it wouldn't work. Rang JE James who are an Orbea and Shimano dealer to be told they don't have the new diagnostic boxes for that particular motor and were hoping they would be getting them from Shimano next month. Spoke to Tredz and I'm just gonna let them sort it out.
@RickBullotta you said you'd done the update no problem with the box didn't you?
Hmmm...that doesn’t sound right....I assume you dropped the motor and connected directly to the motor?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

Yes.I used a PCE02 box and the Windows eTube software (consumer version, not dealer version )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles