Rise error codes

gsum

Jul 31, 2021
Lake District
The E-Tube app is reporting error code e01003 - "A sensor abnormality was detected in the drive unit" with a recommendation to contact the seller. Anyone else seeing is this and is it significant?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
The E-Tube app is reporting error code e01003 - "A sensor abnormality was detected in the drive unit" with a recommendation to contact the seller. Anyone else seeing is this and is it significant?
Think most have it and it's nothing to worry about. Got 2 showing in my etube app. Both came after updating firmware. Mates had his diagnostics box on and there are no errors showing anywhere on that

sKermi

Feb 14, 2021
Newbury, UK
I had this error. It was confirmed as a code that is thrown when you turn the bike on whilst in motion/riding it. This ties in with the abnormal behaviour of the motor I experienced when I turned the bike on after turning off a canal path and heading up a hill. Only turn the bike on when stationary ?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I had this error. It was confirmed as a code that is thrown when you turn the bike on whilst in motion/riding it. This ties in with the abnormal behaviour of the motor I experienced when I turned the bike on after turning off a canal path and heading up a hill. Only turn the bike on when stationary ?
Maybe the code does come when you do those things but I've got 2 of the same codes showing in etube and I've never turned the bike on while riding/in motion or had pressure on the pedal when turning on as I had someone else tell me that was a cause

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Maybe the code does come when you do those things but I've got 2 of the same codes showing in etube and I've never turned the bike on while riding/in motion or had pressure on the pedal when turning on as I had someone else tell me that was a cause

Ditto here, never turned it on while riding or turned it on with pressure on the pedals. This specific error code has nothing to do with turning it on improperly. It's just a random error code that DOES NOT affect the bike at all. I've had this error code since at least March of this year and probably before that as well. Ride it and ignore the error code.

gsum

Jul 31, 2021
Lake District
The presence of these error codes doesn't seem to have any effect on the operation of the bike. I'm guessing that the motor's operating system is polling the sensors as part of the startup checks before the sensors are powered on, which is an error in the firmware. The codes therefore should not have been reported and are transitory. If that's the case, Shimano need to issue an update to correct the firmware.

Nothing to worry about.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles