Reign E+ 2022

hmoon101

Dec 22, 2021
AUS
I’m in NSW aus and my shop said landing in week 52 and deliv early Jan

Maybe I'm unlucky one here, tried all Giant dealers within 100km radius from my place in VIC/AU but no luck so far. Leaning towards a Rise H as plan B, but the closest ETA is late March next year. Should I get an YT Decoy when there are still 1 left in my size on their website?

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
Does anyone from Europe know how to change the software model so that it takes 30km / h as in the USA?

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
Maybe I'm unlucky one here, tried all Giant dealers within 100km radius from my place in VIC/AU but no luck so far. Leaning towards a Rise H as plan B, but the closest ETA is late March next year. Should I get an YT Decoy when there are still 1 left in my size on their website?
I’ve had my deposit down since Aug 😔
The yt core mx4 would be great with a better battery
For the money and spec these reigns are hard to pass up

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
Zeb debonair air spring upgrade kit is around$45 US. Has anyone changed the 170 to 180 or 190? Instead of running flipchip in low setting maybe get a 180 or 190 kit and run flipchip in high for added bb clearance but with slacker geometry.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
My E+0 is due post Xmas now but I must admit Im very interested in the rise H which is in stock now. I’d go in entry level and spec it up, but the cost comes out even really. However you then have a low power bike with a non removable battery. That’s me out

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
My E+0 is due post Xmas now but I must admit Im very interested in the rise H which is in stock now. I’d go in entry level and spec it up, but the cost comes out even really. However you then have a low power bike with a non removable battery. That’s me out
If you want an enduro bike the rise is not for you. If you want a trailbike it’s great. But it is not as confident inspiring as many enduro bikes.

hmoon101

Dec 22, 2021
AUS
I found a dealer accepting pre-order for E+ 1 size M, with an ETA early next year. The shop told me I'd be in size M, but I think I am more likely in-between. 173cm tall with short legs of 78cm inner inseam and my RAD is around 770mm. And when I tried Rise size M, it felt pretty dialled as it covers from 160cm. Should I go with Rise, or medium size Reign should fit just fine?

80% of my ride is single tracks, easy trails and the rest of the ride is small drops (<1m) an tiny gap jumps, nothing serious DH or enduro. But still leaning towards Reign for higher torque and detachable battery.

It would be perfect if I can try sitting on a Reign size S, but none has a stock until mid next year.

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
Same numbers here, but I went with size Large, for active riding style.
Had 2019 Trance E+ medium wich felt to small.

vte.ktm

Oct 30, 2021
Spain
Zeb debonair air spring upgrade kit is around$45 US. Has anyone changed the 170 to 180 or 190? Instead of running flipchip in low setting maybe get a 180 or 190 kit and run flipchip in high for added bb clearance but with slacker geometry.
It's not a bad idea, that extra centimeter on the fork is also given to the flipchip, it shouldn't go bad at all, tell us if you do

Reactions: MO1

Spudley

Dec 16, 2021
New Zealand
OK guys new to the forum thing but thought as a lot of people after information and not a lot out there I'd share my thoughts on this bike.
I ordered a 1 but they were oversold and I was left with taking a reign 2 or nothing.
As I feel the spec is poor I did the following mods.
Fox factory coil in rear
Hope stem and carbon bars
Upgraded levers to rsc
Grips
200ml kslevo dropper.
Cush core front and rear.
Just did some park laps with an extension ride uphill over to another part of the hill so still getting to know it but can confirm the following.
It's heavy, but not cumbersome.
It's fkn fast in straight line and very plush.
It's not super agile being 29 front but doesn't push on corners like a 29 29 bike so good compromise being mullet.
Fork is mint and doesn't need attention.
Motor is very quiet and grunty.
Ran it on 1 and 2 most of the time and only full power when shuttling a jump line.
Walk mode is awesome and made hiking up steep loose area very easy.
All in all this has be wondering if I need downhill bike any longer as it's very capable.
Very pleased with the purchase and looking forward to a lot more riding!
Anyone wondering whether to buy I advise for big hitting ebike as it ate everything I usually ride in my commencal.
My 2 cents. Over and out.

IMG_20211224_132726_01.jpg

IMG_20211224_104835_01.jpg

IMG_20211224_104823_01.jpg

IMG_20211224_104812_01.jpg

IMG_20211224_104759_01.jpg

Rogercakenz

Dec 9, 2021
New zealand
OK guys new to the forum thing but thought as a lot of people after information and not a lot out there I'd share my thoughts on this bike.
I ordered a 1 but they were oversold and I was left with taking a reign 2 or nothing.
Fox factory coil in rear
Upgraded levers to rsc
Grips
200ml kslevo dropper.
Just did some park laps with an extension ride uphill over to another part of the hill so still getting to know it but can confirm the following.
It's not super agile being 29 front but doesn't push on corners like a 29 29 bike so good compromise being mullet.
Ran it on 1 and 2 most of the time and only full power when shuttling a jump line.
All in all this has be wondering if I need downhill bike any longer as it's very capable.
Anyone wondering whether to buy I advise for big hitting ebike as it ate everything I usually ride in my commencal.

View attachment 78675

View attachment 78676

View attachment 78677

View attachment 78678

View attachment 78679
I saw the photos of your one the other day. Looks mint with the sls coil. Was just talking about your bike tonight at dinner. We have a mutual friend who's buying a yeti. My e+2 has been delayed til 17 Jan.....

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
I found a dealer accepting pre-order for E+ 1 size M, with an ETA early next year. The shop told me I'd be in size M, but I think I am more likely in-between. 173cm tall with short legs of 78cm inner inseam and my RAD is around 770mm. And when I tried Rise size M, it felt pretty dialled as it covers from 160cm. Should I go with Rise, or medium size Reign should fit just fine?

80% of my ride is single tracks, easy trails and the rest of the ride is small drops (<1m) an tiny gap jumps, nothing serious DH or enduro. But still leaning towards Reign for higher torque and detachable battery.

It would be perfect if I can try sitting on a Reign size S, but none has a stock until mid next year.
With 173cm you are 100% on a medium. 450mm reach is what most brands has as an medium and 170-175 is the length for medium size. You can size up and nothing is wrong with that. As long Large has a low stand over you are fine.

kadlefkas

Nov 9, 2021
greece
Fox factory coil in rear
Upgraded levers to rsc
Grips
200ml kslevo dropper.

View attachment 78675

View attachment 78676

View attachment 78677

View attachment 78678

View attachment 78679
soon or later you will change the rear wheel, is a garbage , in third ride i destroyed it. with coil rear and 180 zeb air shaft on front you don't need downhill bike unless you are a downhill racer.

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
Fox factory coil in rear
Upgraded levers to rsc
Grips
200ml kslevo dropper.

View attachment 78675

View attachment 78676

View attachment 78677

View attachment 78678

View attachment 78679
That’s a great 2 cents worth, very nice indeed. Thanks.

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
soon or later you will change the rear wheel, is a garbage , in third ride i destroyed it. with coil rear and 180 zeb air shaft on front you don't need downhill bike unless you are a downhill racer.

What was the issue? Rim? Spokes? Hub?

I was surprised how light duty the Giant wheels looked for a 170mm bike. I just built up a set of DT Swiss for my Trek and they Make the Giant wheels look like roadie wheels. I think this will be a future upgrade for me on the Giant also

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
How did the wheel fail?

My 2019 Trance had the same e-tracker hubs, and while they do eventually fail, mine went thousands of miles in mode-5.

My shop informed me that I ride in boost 78% of the time.

kadlefkas

Nov 9, 2021
greece
i cut a few spokes and i dented the rim easily , also the rear hub is a low quality novatec hub without engagement and awfull bearings . front wheel is just ok.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles