Pic of the Day

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
It’s basically a lot of rain over a short period of time (20hrs). It’s not cats’n’dogs rain…it’s more like cows’n’camels.

Another one is expected in a few hours. We get a lot of rain here but 2 in a row 🤷‍♂️. Our streets become rivers.
Yes understand it is heavy rain or torrential . We've had forecast 60 mph wind my area for now but not happening. We get a lot of scaremongering in UK incase they get it wrong basically. Stay safe

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
More problems on my way to the car park.....Now, if your the owner of these animal's, please get your ass out of the middle of the road!! Just South of the Grand Canyon...

463491279_892552216298897_8561999362219463088_n.jpg

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Yes understand it is heavy rain or torrential . We've had forecast 60 mph wind my area for now but not happening. We get a lot of scaremongering in UK incase they get it wrong basically. Stay safe
We expect rains this time of the year and the occasional weather phenomenon. But with this much rainfall the root systems of trees become weak and easily topple over. A slight breeze (7km) can push over a tree. You don’t want to be in the woods at this time. Sometimes it’s like giant dominoes.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Indian summer here! MTB park at site but not my thing and interest to go there.

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

Seldom view to have deciduous forest and coniferous forest divided like this:
IMG_4521.jpeg

IMG_4536.jpeg

But this beautiful valley near the Dutch-Belgium-German border has a terrible past when heaviest battle was fought by US forces near the end of WW2, 80 years ago. A lot of bunkers hidden in the woods of the Huertgenwald (sound like engl. hurt…. but has different meanings).
Many men and materials have not been found to this day and are still lying somewhere in the woods. There was an impressive atmosphere on the tour.

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

Monument on a bridge „Time for Healing“, explained also in english if you open thumbnail pic

IMG_4545.jpeg
IMG_3520.jpeg

One cannot be grateful enough to the people who came and fought for liberation back then!

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
It’s basically a lot of rain over a short period of time (20hrs). It’s not cats’n’dogs rain…it’s more like cows’n’camels.

Another one is expected in a few hours. We get a lot of rain here but 2 in a row 🤷‍♂️. Our streets become rivers.
I can imagine what you mean. I experienced a flash flood while driving with a car in Milwaukee.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Mushrooms? Be warned. Nothing to joke about. We had a wet summer and mushrooms are growing all over. Inexperienced people go and pick them, rely on phone apps to identify and eat them. All apps tested did not work well!
There are currently some kids at hospital with severe liver disease, some need transplants. Just because of eating death cap mushrooms.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Edible if prepared correctly, and hallucinogenic - allegedly Viking Beserkers ate them before going mental. Might be worth eating before trying a triple black DH route . .
It's the only way that I would try a triple black route.
I didn't know they even existed, but I can imagine. Where do they rank vs a black diamond?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Still getting the good weather up here, till end of week i hear. Went along the coast to Cullen then up the Binhill. Came past Letterfourie House on my way home looks like they've dropped the price its under offer for just under 3 million . Not sure if that includes the nearby bridge that Bonnie Prince Charlie slept under..George an old acquaintance of mine was born in the house.

20241022_111547.jpg 20241022_124611.jpg 20241022_125117.jpg 20241022_125424.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Currently down to one working car in the Hodgson household and with my missus needing to use it I can't travel anywhere to ride during the week and the sick one won't get fixed until mid next week ..so I was extremely happy when Wayne said he would travel over to start a ride from my door .
The day started very cold and although not raining the ground conditions were saturated on the first moorland section we started on ...with the forest not much better but hell it was fun ..
Kielder is a large forest (250sq miles )and is still suffering the after affects of Storm Arwen ..with a lot of fallen trees that may never be cleared so it's still a bit of a lottery as to where you can ride ..the first few pics of Wayne are on a section we made passable over a year ago ..
The second batch at Shitlington Crags near the end of the ride.. when the day had turned out as forecast with sunshine & blue skies ..
Really appreciate you coming over mate ..thanks 👍🏻
1000008527.jpg
1000008528.jpg
1000008529.jpg
1000008530.jpg
1000008531.jpg
1000008532.jpg
1000008533.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I
Currently down to one working car in the Hodgson household and with my missus needing to use it I can't travel anywhere to ride during the week and the sick one won't get fixed until mid next week ..so I was extremely happy when Wayne said he would travel over to start a ride from my door .
The day started very cold and although not raining the ground conditions were saturated on the first moorland section we started on ...with the forest not much better but hell it was fun ..
Kielder is a large forest (250sq miles )and is still suffering the after affects of Storm Arwen ..with a lot of fallen trees that may never be cleared so it's still a bit of a lottery as to where you can ride ..the first few pics of Wayne are on a section we made passable over a year ago ..
The second batch at Shitlington Crags near the end of the ride.. when the day had turned out as forecast with sunshine & blue skies ..
Really appreciate you coming over mate ..thanks 👍🏻 View attachment 148698 View attachment 148699 View attachment 148700 View attachment 148701 View attachment 148702 View attachment 148703 View attachment 148704
Nice move getting under that felled tree, I can almost hear the curses. Dreading going down to one car but when wife retires in two years that's the plan can't justify the cost even now.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Had a great ride out today with me auld mucca @The Hodge. It started in fine bright sunshine when I left mine on the coast to drive the hour or so to Bellingham, West Northumberland only for the weather to turn to cold, dull, windy and damp. We headed out across very wet and sometimes boggy trails ( makes a bit of a mockery about not washing your Ebike in fear of getting water past certain seals). One thing proved today on our first real Autumn ride is that my recently purchased RRP pro rear mudguard it little more than useless at keeping your ass dry or preventing sleck covering the rear of the bike!
Once into the Forest conditions were a little better
IMG_8712.jpeg IMG_8713.jpeg IMG_8714.jpeg
Neil exiting the gloom of one of the many singletrack routes we navigated. We stopped at the Skipjack half way house on Backaburn Lough for a spot of lunch with a view. Saying that the widow cleaner will be getting the old heave ho seeing the state of the window's
IMG_8715.jpeg IMG_8717.jpeg
. IMG_8716.jpeg
Had to put the one in with trees and a blue sky as it is bit of a rarity.
Headed out on to open rolling, beautiful West Northumberland hills with the weather doing its best to make the day special
IMG_8718.jpeg IMG_8720.jpeg IMG_8721.jpeg
Then home to clean every thing
IMG_8725.jpeg ☹️
Was a really good impromptu day out in excellent company, cheers mate. Oh thanks for the use of ya shed/changing room.
IMG_8722.png IMG_8724.png IMG_8723.png
Strava stats tho top speed a little ambitious 😂

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Had a great ride out today with me auld mucca @The Hodge. It started in fine bright sunshine when I left mine on the coast to drive the hour or so to Bellingham, West Northumberland only for the weather to turn to cold, dull, windy and damp. We headed out across very wet and sometimes boggy trails ( makes a bit of a mockery about not washing your Ebike in fear of getting water past certain seals). One thing proved today on our first real Autumn ride is that my recently purchased RRP pro rear mudguard it little more than useless at keeping your ass dry or preventing sleck covering the rear of the bike!
Once into the Forest conditions were a little better
View attachment 148712 View attachment 148713 View attachment 148714
Neil exiting the gloom of one of the many singletrack routes we navigated. We stopped at the Skipjack half way house on Backaburn Lough for a spot of lunch with a view. Saying that the widow cleaner will be getting the old heave ho seeing the state of the window's
View attachment 148716 View attachment 148717
. View attachment 148715
Had to put the one in with trees and a blue sky as it is bit of a rarity.
Headed out on to open rolling, beautiful West Northumberland hills with the weather doing its best to make the day special
View attachment 148718 View attachment 148719 View attachment 148720
Then home to clean every thing
View attachment 148721 ☹️
Was a really good impromptu day out in excellent company, cheers mate. Oh thanks for the use of ya shed/changing room.
View attachment 148722 View attachment 148723 View attachment 148724
Strava stats tho top speed a little ambitious 😂
Only the great big real ugly mudguards work im afraid. As for your rucksack that's disgusting take a week to dry haha

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles