Pic of the Day

spurty30

Apr 16, 2024
Cairngorms, Scotland
Agree with you guys about this but I found a solution thanks to a guy I met in Sutherland in some pretty foul weather. We were moaning about the state of the ground and I mentioned that my Adidas 5 ten boots just don't stand up to Scottish weather . He said I was waisting my money on these expensive shoes when he just used a pair of Peter storm Buxton boots that cost 35 quid! Not biking boots but walking boots , mid length. We rode all day together and at the end his feet were dry and toasty , mine soaked and bloody freezing!! Next stop go outdoors in Inverness and I got a pair! Used them over 10 times now in some really mucky trails( as binhill will confirm, moray trails this time of year are pretty filthy and wet) and they are fantastic!! Only my opinion but I'm sold !! Comfy , waterproof so far although I have used Nik wax on them too when they were new as recommended by my mucker. Sole stands up well to my flat pedals and their spikes plus bonus is if you need to walk they are super grippy walking boots too!! Seem to be holding up well to the abuse too.!

IMG_20241025_183904.jpg IMG_20241025_183920.jpg IMG_20241025_183929.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
No cycling today lads Australian Pink Floyd Show in Aberdeen as I said before more to life than ebikes .
Wish you were here.

View attachment 148949 View attachment 148950
Naah ..I saw the real thing on the Division Bell Tour at Earls Court , London on a VIP ticket ..a few years later saw The Australian Version at ( what was then known as ) The Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle doing " The Wall" ..they were OK but the lead guitarist was no David Gilmour ..his new album " Luck & Strange" by the way is excellent and his collaboration with his daughter Romany on the track " Between Two Points " ..played a few times daily at the moment ..
Hope you enjoyed it 😁😉

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Naah ..I saw the real thing on the Division Bell Tour at Earls Court , London on a VIP ticket ..a few years later saw The Australian Version at ( what was then known as ) The Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle doing " The Wall" ..they were OK but the lead guitarist was no David Gilmour ..his new album " Luck & Strange" by the way is excellent and his collaboration with his daughter Romany on the track " Between Two Points " ..played a few times daily at the moment ..
Hope you enjoyed it 😁😉
Good show I've seen them 6 times couple of changes in band since last year . Would have loved the real Floyd though i must admit. Scooter next Wednesday with wife she has insisted on standing so be interesting. Take my zimmer maybe.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Pink Floyd, proberly my favourite band. Saw them at Wembley stadium a good few years ago. Also saw a tribute band called Think Floyd three times in Barnstaple, and saw the Australian pink Floyd two years ago at

Pink Floyd, proberly my favourite band. Saw them at Wembley stadium a good few years ago. Also saw a tribute band called Think Floyd three times in Barnstaple, and saw the Australian pink Floyd two years ago at Swansea. 👍

Pink Floyd, proberly my favourite band. Saw them at Wembley stadium a good few years ago. Also saw a tribute band called Think Floyd three times in Barnstaple, and saw the Australian pink Floyd two years ago at Swansea. 👍
Yes been great to see the real ones no big bands came up our way back in the day . Or if they did it was before they were big. Don't mind a couple hours journey to see something but that's far enough, everything too expensive nowadays.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Agree with you guys about this but I found a solution thanks to a guy I met in Sutherland in some pretty foul weather. We were moaning about the state of the ground and I mentioned that my Adidas 5 ten boots just don't stand up to Scottish weather . He said I was waisting my money on these expensive shoes when he just used a pair of Peter storm Buxton boots that cost 35 quid! Not biking boots but walking boots , mid length. We rode all day together and at the end his feet were dry and toasty , mine soaked and bloody freezing!! Next stop go outdoors in Inverness and I got a pair! Used them over 10 times now in some really mucky trails( as binhill will confirm, moray trails this time of year are pretty filthy and wet) and they are fantastic!! Only my opinion but I'm sold !! Comfy , waterproof so far although I have used Nik wax on them too when they were new as recommended by my mucker. Sole stands up well to my flat pedals and their spikes plus bonus is if you need to walk they are super grippy walking boots too!! Seem to be holding up well to the abuse too.!

View attachment 148933 View attachment 148934 View attachment 148935
Might check them out higher than I normally wear but if it's wet wet wet I wouldn't be out for 5 hours. I have 2 pair shimano

View attachment 148933 View attachment 148934 View attachment 148935
I will check them out i like a leather boot i have two pairs of Shimano XM9 they are SPD but I sealed that bit as I dinna do SPD anymore. They are low cut so u get an awful lot of crap inside in drier weather. Look high the Storm bots but they would do I think. Last jacket I bought was a Peter Storm for 50 quid probably 5 years ago still ok , i decided I wouldn't by a nice looking goretex one to get clartit in dubs. I also use 2 old (20+ years ago) hill walking gortex ones for a colder wetter day. We're getting another week of decent weather in Moray i hear so happy cycling.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I see these guys at least once a month on our mountain trails. I usually see them as a swarm of 8 which is something to see.

IMG_8289.jpeg

These are high-tech machines and can travel at about the same speed as my eMTB. They are all kitted out.

The big guy looks like a Transformer (260lbs) and the guy in the middle is fearless. He’ll take on any trail, feature or drop. They mostly ride the North Shore trails in Vancouver but venture our way for some variety.

Yesterday I guided them to some hidden trails with crazy features because half of our road access is wiped out from the atmospheric river(s) last week.

Yup…I would if I could …but I can’t.😱

spurty30

Apr 16, 2024
Cairngorms, Scotland
Lol
I see these guys at least once a month on our mountain trails. I usually see them as a swarm of 8 which is something to see.

View attachment 148966
These are high-tech machines and can travel at about the same speed as my eMTB. They are all kitted out.

The big guy looks like a Transformer (260lbs) and the guy in the middle is fearless. He’ll take on any trail, feature or drop. They mostly ride the North Shore trails in Vancouver but venture our way for some variety.

Yesterday I guided them to some hidden trails with crazy features because half of our road access is wiped out from the atmospheric river(s) last week.

Not seen those before, what are they called? they look awesome fun!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Ref wet feet: The problem with all waterproof boots, shoes and socks is that they all have a bloody great hole at the top! Fix that and the problem is solved. Sealskinz had a go at it with their "Hydrastop" three rubbery bands around the inside of the sock at the top. Great idea and it works partially, but the problem is flex. The angle of the foot to the leg shifts and stresses the seal at the Hydrastop and lets in water if there is any there. The answer would appear to be a long sock and long trousers over the top of it. I wear Shimano AM41 shoes with Sealskinz mid length socks, with long trousers over the top. I don't get wet feet. But water does get into the shoe from time to time. I also wear Fox socks and put the Sealskinz on over the top.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

View attachment 148966

Someone put a link of a video on here of them things in action ,very impressive. When I googled them though I was shocked at the weight you would never be able to carry them if they broke.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Just a there & back Edmundbyers/ Bolts Law today with the kind use of @JFDI 's Shockwiz ( many thanks..Wayne said you were ok with me using it 👍🏻) on my forks ..still need another session as it wouldn't connect again to the app after I introduced a bit more air and adjusted the rebound ..but the forks feel better already than they have in the previous 4 years of ownership 😊
1000008560.jpg
1000008562.jpg
1000008564.jpg
1000008567.jpg
1000008565.jpg

Short & sweet ..but a cracking ride out on one of my favourite trails ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Around Carsington this morning. Around the lake was too busy because of a half marathon so went on some back roads. Still managed to find some hills and 1429ft of elevation within 14 miles. Shame the pub was closed when I passed. 😂
View attachment 148981 View attachment 148982
Just as well it wasn't called Knockerup and open ..God knows what you might have had to perform

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Looks I am lucky with my autumn experience. Well, had surprisingly 20C / 68F today what made it difficult to pick appropriate clothing to ride.

Leaves on the trails do hide slippery rock and root. Hiding water holes is new to me and I was lucky I know that trail quite well, otherwise it would have been a wet experience. 😂

IMG_4590.jpeg

IMG_4594.jpeg

IMG_4603.jpeg

IMG_4605.jpeg

Good night Europe, good morning America!

IMG_4615.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles