Pic of the Day

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Don’t worry. As it’s celebrating a triumph of some sort, the woke warriors will have pulled it down by now.
OK Nige, leave it at the door with your fags & your flags, mate. ????

Come on you bastard, imma need my new whip.
Untitled.png

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Did you go for the Rise or the Jam ?
In the end the Sam2. I wanted a Jam2 6.9 but couldn't find stock anywhere in the UK. Eventually I had a chat with Focus who said don't get your hopes up, so ended up ordering from Deporvillage in Spain in order to get a bike before I file my accounts for the year. Not sure if I've mentioned this but I can offset the cost against corporation tax & reclaim the VAT, so minus import duty & courier fees, it's in effect a free bike, in the sense that the cash is leaving the business one way or the other, so I'm putting one over taxman. But I have overbiked myself with a big bruiser & might well swap parts about to knock off a couple of Kg.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
In the end the Sam2. I wanted a Jam2 6.9 but couldn't find stock anywhere in the UK. Eventually I had a chat with Focus who said don't get your hopes up, so ended up ordering from Deporvillage in Spain in order to get a bike before I file my accounts for the year. Not sure if I've mentioned this but I can offset the cost against corporation tax & reclaim the VAT, so minus import duty & courier fees, it's in effect a free bike, in the sense that the cash is leaving the business one way or the other, so I'm putting one over taxman. But I have overbiked myself with a big bruiser & might well swap parts about to knock off a couple of Kg.

Smart accounting! Exciting times, the Sam will be a beast, looking forward to the photos

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looks way way better packed and protected than mine was. Well done depotvillage. I went to the delivery depot rather than risk it being bashed around in a delivery van and found it had already tried to birth itself. There was zero protection on the bike, though somehow was unscathed.

birth.jpg

"Fragile" and "This way up" obviously doesn't translate into "courier".

Thoroughly check the brake disk screws. Rear axle tightness. ALL the suspension bolts - half mine were not even remotely done up, just finger wound into place.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Thanks Zim, not sure mine was much better. I've just done a full bolt check & found not much wrong, just a loose one on the crank. I was fully expecting to have to pay £300 import duty, the DHL admin fee & about £900 VAT but the courier guy handed it over & said cheerio. Result.

ZIPP1X7_.jpg large.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thanks Zim, not sure mine was much better.
Yours at least has the excuse of having crossed countries .. Was good the protected the bike well. Sounds like they've done a better bolt check themselves or the person without the Torque wrench at Focus doesn't work everyday :)

Great news on the fees and VAT ! Even if you could claim some back, it saves the effort and it would have been pointless and time wasting for all involved anyway. May it be the start of just many happy experiences !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is that the first forum bought bike ever featured in pic of the day ?

Is that you stretching your leg on the bench whilst getting a stranger to not steal your bike and phone ? :)

millemille

Feb 21, 2020
Peak District
My job see me driving all round the UK with my van, and the bike in the back ready to ride anywhere that looks interesting. Right now I'm down in the West Country for a few days so took the opportunity this afternoon to park up in Porlock and head up onto Exmoor for a few hours.

Glorious weather, superb scenery and some good trails...

eE297U.jpg

FrENZC.jpg

And here's my Sam2 6.8 basking in the sunshine at Webbers Post...

5KCD4W.jpg

First proper ride with the new Tour+ software installed and got to say, I'm impressed....

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Thanks Zim, not sure mine was much better. I've just done a full bolt check & found not much wrong, just a loose one on the crank. I was fully expecting to have to pay £300 import duty, the DHL admin fee & about £900 VAT but the courier guy handed it over & said cheerio. Result.

View attachment 72077

That is awesome… I got full VAT and import duty treatment… looks like DHL are still getting themselves sorted!

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I guess I may get chased for payment but I was under the impression pay up before they release goods. We'll see.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles