Pic of the Day

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Possibly the world's tallest Giant Saquaro with no arms, along with the world's shortest Giant Saquaro with arms....
20210207_145146.jpg
20210207_133517.jpg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Normally a "Tour" rider I had a blast up at Kielder for a couple of hours in emtb mode..
Conditions were moist to start and torrential to finish but great fun ..and just what I needed ..
If anyone is heading this way on monday / wednesday there is a part trail closure due to harvesting .. View attachment 71858
This is me looking happy ! ?
View attachment 71859
Probably my last ride out until the Dalby meet-up next Saturday ..looking forward to it .
Normally a "Tour" rider I had a blast up at Kielder for a couple of hours in emtb mode..
Conditions were moist to start and torrential to finish but great fun ..and just what I needed ..
If anyone is heading this way on monday / wednesday there is a part trail closure due to harvesting .. View attachment 71858
This is me looking happy ! ?
View attachment 71859
Probably my last ride out until the Dalby meet-up next Saturday ..looking forward to it .

I’m a bit nervous when you are looking so excited mate………just keep taking the pills ???

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Went to Whinlatter yesterday but the weather forecast was WRONG!

Wet, very wet, a bit drier and then very wet again. Not what the Met Office stated! :-(

No pics, just a Relive video of the route. Did a warm up on the Blue with my good lady and then a couple of loops of the South Red before a wind down on the Blue to finish.

17 miles, 2600ft, 1000kCals.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Looking through some old photos, I found this old gem. On a chance encounter on the Mount Wilson Toll Road in February 2010, this was the first e-bike I ever experienced (Optibike R8). I'm not even sure if it used lithium batteries. Times sure have changed and you definitely get more for your money now. These ran for something like 10-12k USD at the time.

1632114935588.png
IMG_0237.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG

Last edited:

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Looking through some old photos, I found this old gem. On a chance encounter on the Mount Wilson Toll Road in February 2010, this was the first e-bike I ever experienced (Optibike R8). I'm not even sure if it used lithium batteries. Times sure have changed and you definitely get more for your money now. These ran for something like 10-12k USD at the time.

View attachment 71969

Very cool retro ebike. Looks like from 1960’s. Do you still have it? It will become a collector’s piece.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Judging from the look of the dirt and the arm holding the bike, it didn't have any problems running in wet conditions.
Whoops! intended to add a couple other photos and got distracted. They're in now. Yeah, definitely a wet and cool day on the mountain and it didn't seem bothered by it in the least. It also had to have reasonably good capacity for the time, considering cool conditions and I think the rider hit the 5700' summit prior to our run in (He soft pedaled past us *way* too quickly while we were taking a rest stop, so it was pretty obvious *something* was up).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles