Pic of the Day

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
No ride today as we thought it to be a good idea to take the youngest to Blackpool as a pre birthday treat never ceases to amaze me this place and not in a positive way lol. Highlight was getting stuck in the middle of a girl gang fight which had both my children very scared but was really refreshing to see the surrounding crowd quickly nip it in the bud albeit getting a few bitch slaps thrown at em for their troubles. Icing on the cake was it taking a total of 3 hours to do the illumination run FFS . Good reminder not to visit during peak times and during a firework show. Pic attached to keep it semi on topic.
IMG_20210925_211402.jpg

Last edited:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Started off solo to the dh trails intending to just rip a few corners with the fall tacky dirt atm. Ended up taking offshoots to steep rockfaces and questionable gaps following a buddeh. Nothing broken and only a couple small cases. A few spicy new sections to dream about now. Def have to go back to that one and link the hidden sections without stopping

20210925_183709.jpg

20210925_183734.jpg

20210925_183631.jpg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Bolton Ironman on today, restricting where I could ride - no Rivington because of all the road closures etc. That left Darwen Hill/Jubilee Tower again so off I went but decided to vary the route this time. Did the cobbles on Donkey Brow, then the straight climb up to the tower (that is steep and techy!), they are still renovating the tower itself. Of the top to the short, rutted, steep descent down the back for the bridleway climb back up.

Orbea at Jubilee Tower.jpg

Climbed back up and took the route over the top of the moor and down to the Whitton Weavers Way to Belmont. Hit a couple of road closures at the end of the trail but worked my way round them.

Rise Whitton Weavers Way.jpg

Back up to the Tower and then the route back to the car was full of cows on the trail! Had to pick my way through them (some big bovines!).

Nearly 21 miles, 1400kCals, 2650ft climbing...

Relive video of route...

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
So last planned weekend away on the bikes complete, i'm sitting at my desk absolutely battered.
Day 1 Coed y Brenin, MBR and Orange fluffy dog as a warm up (riding really badly almost killing myself 3 times)
Day 2 2 laps of LLandegla, red followed by the black. massive day. (great day but i was a bit off the pace)
Day 3 Coed Y Brennin again to do a quick lap of the Tarw Du before driving home. Broke chain when reached the slab section at the top, fixed and then broke it 2 more times getting down.
Cheers @DJ57UMP and Mr B (can't remember your user name now you changed it)
Video possibly to follow if i can be bothered.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-27 at 08.24.29.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-27 at 08.25.00.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Had a day out with my non ebiking mate ..Nick on his Whyte 900 series hardtail on a ride which started in tHexham Town Centre ..but within minutes you are on naughty singletrack spinning along upstream beside the River Tyne ..and before you know it on some rolling sheep shit infested hills ..?
Great day out ..but nearly never got started as at 7.00am this morning it was blawin a hoolie with rain lashing against the kitchen window ..thankfully the forecast was correct so after having a coffee & a catchup for 30 mins we set off in dry weather which got better as the day went on ..
20210927_120059.jpg
20210927_122836.jpg
20210927_123235.jpg
20210927_135511.jpg
20210927_135815.jpg

20210927_135826.jpg

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Had a day out with my non ebiking mate ..Nick on his Whyte 900 series hardtail on a ride which started in tHexham Town Centre ..but within minutes you are on naughty singletrack spinning along upstream beside the River Tyne ..and before you know it on some rolling sheep shit infested hills ..?
Great day out ..but nearly never got started as at 7.00am this morning it was blawin a hoolie with rain lashing against the kitchen window ..thankfully the forecast was correct so after having a coffee & a catchup for 30 mins we set off in dry weather which got better as the day went on .. View attachment 72512 View attachment 72513 View attachment 72514 View attachment 72516 View attachment 72517
View attachment 72518 View attachment 72519

Good to see Nick out again ?

Kilham5

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
I found a folder of old photo's last night.
Here is a great memory, from 25 years ago. :eek:
The first purpose built trails (Red Bull) had just opened at Coed y Brenin
Second day we went exploring, fricking hot day and we ran out of water.
Here's my mate Richard on my old, completely rigid 1991 GT Karakoram.
I had the luxury of 50mm of Judy XC front travel on my new Zaskar.

Mid 90s.jpg

We stayed in Dolgellau, where the lasting memory was all the local meat-heads following us round, intent on showing us just how hard they were after 8 pints.
Good laugh otherwise.

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Here's my mate Richard on my spare, completely rigid 1991 GT Karakoram.

View attachment 72561

We stayed in Dolgellau, where the lasting memory was all the local meat-heads intent on showing us how hard they were after 8 pints.
Good laugh though.
Awesome! I did the old redbull over the weekend, still one of the best.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Here's my mate Richard on my spare, completely rigid 1991 GT Karakoram.

View attachment 72561

We stayed in Dolgellau, where the lasting memory was all the local meat-heads intent on showing us how hard they were after 8 pints.
Good laugh though.

The next generation of meat heads were there in Dolgellau when I last visited six years ago ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles