Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Linkage preload key

Screenshot_20210124-030119.png

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Believe the Hype! The Rise exceeds expectations and what a sweet ride.
As for the sizing, at 6'1" and 33" inseam, the Large fits perfectly and thank goodness I didn't get the XL. It would have been waaaay too big.
Now for a couple of observations after 4 rides:
1. The EP8 Motor is above expectations in terms of it's smooth operation, silence, and Orbea Tune. Cut off from the power is so much more improved above 20mph and the reengagement is seamless. I shall also note I am very much in love with the Tune. I feel like this bike knows just when I need a shot of power!
2. I find my rides with periods of riding with the power off, and enjoying complete silence on small inclines, flat sections, or just for the need of silence on the trail. I can estimate 30-40% of off power during rides.
3. Weight. As noted above, you can actually ride this bike with the power off for long times. This is all due to the weight. I couldn't achieve this on my old Full Fat ebike.
4. Geo. This bike is snappy, poppy, and just plain fun. The extra added weight makes her a blast on the downhill!
5. Range- Super impressed. Power management with the set tunes is just right on Orbea.
6. Build Quality and Colors are impressive.

Only suggested improvements- 175 dropper on the large, 200 mm rotor up front.
IMG_4671.jpeg

IMG_4662.jpeg

dlgis

Jan 23, 2021
UK
I’ve now had my second run out having made some changes to my suspension settings, basically i found that both the shock and fork need more psi than the manuals lead you to believe, but my shock pump is pretty ancient and is probably not accurate. New one on the way!
I still reckon it needs the larger grey volume spacer fitting to give a more progressive feel, so that’ll be going in soon.
I also changed the rear tyre from the Rekon to a DHR2 Minion without even trying the Rekon which looks like it would struggle in UK winter conditions.
Brakes wise - they feel like they need a bit of a bleed as there’s a bit too much movement on the lever before anything happens and they will pump up a bit, so another job to do. They also squeal a lot at times as someone else mentioned, but that doesn’t bother me too much.

Overall the bike handles just like a non e mtb despite the extra kgs, so I’m well pleased ?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Brakes wise - they feel like they need a bit of a bleed as there’s a bit too much movement on the lever before anything happens and they will pump up a bit, so another job to do. They also squeal a lot at times as someone else mentioned, but that doesn’t bother me too much.

Just a heads up that lever movement + squeal could be a leaky caliper or hose that got brake fluid on the pads/rotors. Probably worth checking out.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I’ve now had my second run out having made some changes to my suspension settings, basically i found that both the shock and fork need more psi than the manuals lead you to believe, but my shock pump is pretty ancient and is probably not accurate. New one on the way!
I still reckon it needs the larger grey volume spacer fitting to give a more progressive feel, so that’ll be going in soon.
I also changed the rear tyre from the Rekon to a DHR2 Minion without even trying the Rekon which looks like it would struggle in UK winter conditions.

Overall the bike handles just like a non e mtb despite the extra kgs, so I’m well pleased ?

Found the same with the brakes myself. Seems to be the rear that's the main problem with too much movement before anything happens but a couple of pumps seems to sort it. They do squeal a bit as well but only when they're cold.
I've had the shockwiz on the rear and found I needed more psi than what I'd initially put in. In fact 20 psi more. It was also suggesting volume spacers but once I got the pressure set that disappeared. Only thing I couldn't get in the green was the low speed compression. Was asking to make softer but it was fully open so nothing I could do.

dlgis

Jan 23, 2021
UK
All part of the fun of a new bike, playing around with the settings til you get it how u like it best ? Will check for any brake fluid leakage but don’t think that’s likely. I’m used to sram guides where I get instant bite from a nice chunky lever. It’s been a long time since I’ve had shimano brakes, and from memory i will need some special mineral fluid rather than dot4.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
All part of the fun of a new bike, playing around with the settings til you get it how u like it best ? Will check for any brake fluid leakage but don’t think that’s likely. I’m used to sram guides where I get instant bite from a nice chunky lever. It’s been a long time since I’ve had shimano brakes, and from memory i will need some special mineral fluid rather than dot4.

Definitely ?? its a long time since I've had shimano brakes as well. Bit of a Hope fan so missing that nice modulation.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA

I would at least clean off the pads, rotors, and the inside of the caliper(s) with isopropyl alcohol wipes. They shouldn't squeak at all. And yes, you need mineral oil for these brakes. Shimano brakes are super simple and easy to bleed also, which is nice. As always, remove the pads and use the bleed block to do a proper bleed (getting mineral oil on your pads, rotors, or the inside of your calipers is no bueno)!

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
My only complaint about the bike is getting those ugly stickers off the top tube. I tried peeling them off...no luck. Now I have to find some solvent that will get them and the adhesive off. Come on Orbea, put the plastic ones on that peel off easily.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
My only complaint about the bike is getting those ugly stickers off the top tube. I tried peeling them off...no luck. Now I have to find some solvent that will get them and the adhesive off. Come on Orbea, put the plastic ones on that peel off easily.
Strange , mine peeled off fine

dlgis

Jan 23, 2021
UK
Exactly - what a pain ?

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa

hair dryer/heat gun might help

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
A bit of WD40 on a rag will get glue off , if you have any

bbred

Aug 15, 2018
Derbyshire
There’s a lot of blue ones around ?

View attachment 51109
Hi I've just ordered the same colour as yours ( your bike looks great by the way) and wondering if all the paint work is Gloss as the description on the manufacturer's site says matte/gloss. I'm asking because I want to order invisiframe in right material. I can see some matte near the motor? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Hi I've just ordered the same colour as yours ( your bike looks great by the way) and wondering if all the paint work is Gloss as the description on the manufacturer's site says matte/gloss. I'm asking because I want to order invisiframe in right material. I can see some matte near the motor? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

It's gloss front and matte rear

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
For this blue frame I would go gloss both front/rear. The rear matte is a bit dull and gloss all the way will look better IMHO. Besides Invisiframe only makes a front matte/ gloss rear for the Ice green frame and no mix/match for the blue.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I've fitted one to my ice green / ocean frame . It's matte front gloss rear but the kit isn't quite correct . The motor area is gloss but sections in the kit for that area are matte , the only gloss parts in the kit are for the chain stays and seat stays . It looks ok so I'm not too worried , just something to bare in mind

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles