Official Merida eOne-Sixty thread

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
So another update; haven't had a chance to ride yet, but can confirm the bike design and yoke length can fit coils fine.

I've added a Vorsprung Telum today; no ride impressions (except a quick spin down the road) and yeh, alot more support mid stroke compared to air but not trail impressions yet.

View attachment 146553 View attachment 146554
Ive heard reports of next level amazing about the Telum. That bike will be a top weapon no doubt. Wish they sold them in NA

Suteki

May 10, 2023
Toowoomba
Thoughts on the coil on the E160 7k 2024

Definitely lost a small amount of pop; but what I gained was worth it.

Still trying to get confident on jumps and I took a touch of air pressure out of the Fox X2 about a fortnight ago and jumping went to shit, just felt off balance a lot, wasn't comfortable at all. Some of the bigger jumps I am used to I had a bad run with and rocked my confidence abit.

Went out today and still lacked that confidence abit but the coil was way more consistent hey. It didn't sometimes feel like it wanted to kick or have me go off balance and dead sailor. It was just really consistent and predictable. Actually found it easier to bunnyhop smaller sections of trail because of the upper mid stroke support vs having the air running lower PSI to try and get that inital off the top suppleness the coil just inherently has built it.

Overall it was really good. Very small trade in off the lip pop for a much more consistent feel with better damping and the rear feeling like it was just tracking so much more consistently.

Very impressed, wouldnt go back to air unless it was a short travel trail bike on a smooth flow trail.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles