Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Have any of the SL owners on here sized up considerably to get a longer reach? There’s costs to this in terms of stand over height, stack, seat post height flexibility etc but that might be worth paying.

Specifically I’m 176cm and the L would likely work but is a little shorter than I would like. Has anyone of this size gone for an XL (or full fat Levo owners done this who might be reading this thread)?
I did, but I am a bit taller than you.

I am 6'1" (185cm) and went with the XL. I last bike, a 2019 Kenevo, was a Large. I alwasy felt that i could use more reach, but there was nothing particularly small about the Kenevo.

The XL SL fits well. The standover isn't bad, and I have room on my 170mm dropper to go more (I think i can squeeze a 210 One up dropper in there if I wanted). I did move my seat forward as far as I could get it. More for trying to get a bit more upright climbing position than pure fit. That was what I was most worried about. I also went to 800mm bars that suit me better

Last edited:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Have any of the SL owners on here sized up considerably to get a longer reach? There’s costs to this in terms of stand over height, stack, seat post height flexibility etc but that might be worth paying.

Specifically I’m 176cm and the L would likely work but is a little shorter than I would like. Has anyone of this size gone for an XL (or full fat Levo owners done this who might be reading this thread)?

I’m between 6ft 1 and 6ft 2” tall.
I’ve owned 4 Large Stumpjumper’s over the last 12 years, and bought the Trek Rail in Large... which was spot on.

I test rode the SL in Large, but I’m just on the recommended line between L and XL.
The SL does feel slightly smaller than other bikes, so I decided to go with XL.
I’m glad I did, as the reach is much better for me.

Blinkie

Jan 11, 2020
aberdeen
I tried a L and it was kinda ok but shorter than the M Orange Surge I ride now. I’ve previously ridden a full fat Levo M but it was too small. I could potentially run an XL with 35mm stem and reduced offset fork to get a more up to date feeling ride.

How tall are you @Blinkie?

5'8" like a longer bike for going down

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham

I'm 182cm and have a full fat L Levo. I tried an M, L and XL; having slightly longer legs and arms, it was like the three bears, the M felt cramped and twitchy, The XL didn't have enough stand over and was too much of a stretch with the L being the best compromise. A bit of tweaking of the saddle position made it fit better too.

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
For who?
Fashion followers?
There's nothing wrong with the geometry (if it suits your preferences)
Agreed, there is so much crap talked about geometry its staggering.
It goes something like this.
*insert EWS pro* rides a bike longer than an oil tanker because he hits everything at 800mph

Bike journalist sees said EWS hero riding a bike thats more akin to a tandem so immediately believes he too needs a bike that spans 2 time zones and professes that any bike where the stem is visable without binoculars is too short and unstable.

Timothy from surrey reads the above article after a day of shredding the Gnar on Bike Park Wales' most brutally steep blue trails and decides that now he has conquered that massive 3ft gap jump at the start of Dai Hard that he too now requires a bike that just about fits in a luton box van.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
*insert EWS pro* rides a bike longer than an oil tanker because he hits everything at 800mph
3 top 20 EWS riders ride live/locally to me. None of them are on super long bikes.
They work for some. others... not so much

Pretty sure they haven't raced against Timothy yet though ;)

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Very interesting, @jcmonty please report back when you know.

Mine comes in tomorrow. Hopefully will be able to test this weekend, but we have had unseasonably wet weather this week. Which for us - means no-go for most trail spots. I think I should be able to hit the local DH spot though as it holds well after rain.

Another note - got the offset bushing. Haven't really tested other than a quick backyard check, but it "feels" a bite more stable and slacker. Need to run it thought to have any sort of verdict.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
what deals people getting on these bikes ? anything more than 10% anywhere ? looking at the comp carbon .. it will be a part out on all the componants as i have full AXS and carbon wheels and carbon cockpit ready to go on .. plus my kenevo 19 to sell .

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
what deals people getting on these bikes ? anything more than 10% anywhere ? looking at the comp carbon .. it will be a part out on all the componants as i have full AXS and carbon wheels and carbon cockpit ready to go on .. plus my kenevo 19 to sell .
Give it a month or so they will be giving them away. Global economy gonna be on its arse.

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK

I was offered two range extenders (and a cable) for free, on a SL Expert... So that's like a 9% discount.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB

I was offered two range extenders (and a cable) for free, on a SL Expert... So that's like a 9% discount.
15% cash discount. Nothing less.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

You keep saying this - but I seem to be the only person who has actually got it.
I think the only reason I got it was because I did a ‘30 day not satisfied’ swap with a Trek Rail... and I’d already got 15% off that.
I don’t think I’d have been lucky to get 10% otherwise.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB

You keep saying this - but I seem to be the only person who has actually got it.
I think the only reason I got it was because I did a ‘30 day not satisfied’ swap with a Trek Rail... and I’d already got 15% off that.
I don’t think I’d have been lucky to get 10% otherwise.
Just buy from freeborn. I got all my specialized bikes there. Decent guys. Gets posted to your house if not local.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
biggest discount i can find is 12% and thats without discount codes . might give the shop a ring to see if they can stretch to 15% . tredz usually price match but on this 12% rhey wont as i have to long into the online store to get there premium member discount .. the thing that pains me is i will be stripping the whole bike ..

Rock shox lyrik ultimate brand new uncut .
Rock shox Super delux coil ultimate
XTR M9120 trail brand new not installed
Brand new Premium Nextie 34wide 29er Wheels built on DT240s /54T
Deity 35 Copperhead stem
Deity 35 Carbon speedway Riser 30 bars
AXS rear mech and shifter
AXS dropper and shifter (i also have the adaptors to use the XTR and SRAM AXS)
XX1 gold cassette and chain .

so the whole bike will be stripped and all i would get for the parts is perhaps the cost of the AXS dropper and XTR brakes and thats pushing it .

and only 2 years warranty .

but im a sucker for it .

in the pic its got RC2 rockshox that i will leave on which also has just been upgraded to 2.1 damper under warranty .

swapping over the AXS stuff is pretty easy and can then keep this bike which i love .

IMG_3904.jpg

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
My apologies that I can’t show where I’ve got this price at the moment as this is the best price I have found and they do have limited stock of my size and colour. I’ve bought from them before and they been pretty good . On this occasion I’m willing to travel the 300 mile round trip to go and get it .
but this price is cash/card only . No finance available with the discount . Would prefer to get 10% and finance .

2929DBE2-F6DA-4DEF-BF2F-615291E905C6.jpeg

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
My apologies that I can’t show where I’ve got this price at the moment as this is the best price I have found and they do have limited stock of my size and colour. I’ve bought from them before and they been pretty good . On this occasion I’m willing to travel the 300 mile round trip to go and get it .
but this price is cash/card only . No finance available with the discount . Would prefer to get 10% and finance .

View attachment 27379
Most places wont do a deal and finance, as most 0% finance costs them 10%

Waynetta

E*POWAH Master
Feb 11, 2020
Plymouth Devon
I was supposed to pick my SL on Saturday but had a phone call saying they had made a balls up. The small carbon comp that was showing in stock turned out to be their Demo bike that I rode a couple of weeks ago. All the Shimano parts had turned up and when the mechanic went to get “my bike “ to fit them he couldn’t find it :rolleyes: .
Anyway they were most apologetic and have given me the demo bike to use until mine is in and built up.
I've had two great rides this weekend on it and I know for sure I’ve made the right choice getting one. I’ve been up some trails that I definitely wouldn’t have bothered with on my old stumpy and found some new tracks into the bargain. Then been on one of my favourite routes with a very fit 30 year old, loved the way the bike handled the slippery mud and steep descents and amazed how little battery used both rides. happy days !

jfkbike

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
USA
Mine is an XL and is 36.64# with pedals and small bits. I think I saved over 2# over stock wheels ands tires. Question: is it normal not to be able to turn cranks backwards and have chain move? Not used to E-bikes so that caught me off guard when I was cleaning chain.

IMG_6277.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Mine is an XL and is 36.64# with pedals and small bits. I think I saved over 2# over stock wheels ands tires. Question: is it normal not to be able to turn cranks backwards and have chain move? Not used to E-bikes so that caught me off guard when I was cleaning chain.

View attachment 27462
No .. that's wrong .. it will cause you nothing but problems, you'll never get it sorted and it will just cause you lots of pain. I advise you post it over to me in France and cut your losses and save yourself a lot of stress.

OK.. it's normal.. If you want to lube your chain in the "traditional" fashion, some people just stick an allen key in one of the chainwheel bolts and then the crank will turn it backwards.

jfkbike

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
USA
No .. that's wrong .. it will cause you nothing but problems, you'll never get it sorted and it will just cause you lots of pain. I advise you post it over to me in France and cut your losses and save yourself a lot of stress.

OK.. it's normal.. If you want to lube your chain in the "traditional" fashion, some people just stick an allen key in one of the chainwheel bolts and then the crank will turn it backwards.

I already had it packed up for you and then.... :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles