M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Guys, HELP :)

I have received battery and BESST tool but I have no idea how to make the BESST tool to work. I've tried connecting few cables but I have a read error on the BESST software.
I basically connected the battery to the motor, then the display to the motor and the BESST tool to the remaining plug available on the display cable (I think t'supposed to be used for battery communication, what did I do wrong ?
Use the BESST tool instead your dispaly, The BESST tool has four connectors, one of which can be connected to the green connector of EB BUS. then contact to computer

Utility

Aug 31, 2023
Tahoe
New frame and motors are a dream. Here is my build.

20230922_171339.jpg

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
This is the one, if you need lights output:
And the one without:

edit: at least this is the one I ordered as 1T3.H and recieved the correct one. The picture does look different, than what I recieved. BMS connector is indeed green and circular, with 5 pins. In the above web page I don't find the exact one, according to the pictures.

Last edited:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
New frame and motors are a dream. Here is my build.

View attachment 125547
Looking slick overall! What's your travel, 160/150? If so, could you over-stroke rear?

Also, good brake/rotor combo💪 (IMHO). I run Saints and Hope 220s for no-fade breaking!

Some sweet, black, Hope E-cranks are a nice and light aftermarket upgrade over stock. They're killer and half the price of 5Dev bling! I run mine at shortest possible (for Hope)...155mm to minimize pedal strikes!🤟

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
This is the one, if you need lights output:
And the one without:

edit: at least this is the one I ordered as 1T3.H and recieved the correct one. The picture does look different, than what I recieved. BMS connector is indeed green and circular, with 5 pins. In the above web page I don't find the exact one, according to the pictures.
both cables are wrong, both are for M510/M560/M600, the cable for battery BT F014 have a roud greed port which conect to the green port on battery,

IMG_20230808_170024.jpg QQ图片20230608094646 - 副本.jpg

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
Does anyone know the part number for the correct cable? My vendor is really struggling to get me the right part.
Hi Kaylee,
I spoke to my supplier and they also have been in contact with Jim I believe. They had a reply from Bafang and it seems they have to order or make a custom order. They said it would take 15 days to get to them but the factories are currently all closed as there is an 8-day national holiday and then they would ship them once they have arrived to them. So I'm estimating 5 weeks probably which is disappointing. I asked Jim and they don't have any extra cables. I also asked and have been advised not to use the current cable as they can't guarantee that it won't cause damage to the system.
If anyone else has any contacts to vendors that have any in stock please let us know. Thanks!

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
Hi Kaylee,
I spoke to my supplier and they also have been in contact with Jim I believe. They had a reply from Bafang and it seems they have to order or make a custom order. They said it would take 15 days to get to them but the factories are currently all closed as there is an 8-day national holiday and then they would ship them once they have arrived to them. So I'm estimating 5 weeks probably which is disappointing. I asked Jim and they don't have any extra cables. I also asked and have been advised not to use the current cable as they can't guarantee that it won't cause damage to the system.
If anyone else has any contacts to vendors that have any in stock please let us know. Thanks!
Wow. Thanks for digging into this Toby! My vendor has been pretty unhelpful. They have told me they "will send", but zero additional information. Another 5 weeks after the battery was already late. Ugh. I'm really starting to regret going the DIY route.

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
Wow. Thanks for digging into this Toby! My vendor has been pretty unhelpful. They have told me they "will send", but zero additional information. Another 5 weeks after the battery was already late. Ugh. I'm really starting to regret going the DIY route.
It seems that at least a few people have the correct cables, maybe they can share the vendor that they used, but it seems as the system is new there isn't a surplus of these spare parts right now. I'm not sure if it's possible to purchase other Bafang cables and splice to make our own version while we wait?

Utility

Aug 31, 2023
Tahoe
Looking slick overall! What's your travel, 160/150? If so, could you over-stroke rear?

Also, good brake/rotor combo💪 (IMHO). I run Saints and Hope 220s for no-fade breaking!

Some sweet, black, Hope E-cranks are a nice and light aftermarket upgrade over stock. They're killer and half the price of 5Dev bling! I run mine at shortest possible (for Hope)...155mm to minimize pedal strikes!🤟
Will hope cranks fit on bafang motor?

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
@Utility and @brbr
Did you both end up receiving the correct main cable? It sounds like our solution is 5 weeks out, if you have any contact details on your vendors it would be great to know. @kaylee.s and I currently have all the parts except this seemingly vital cable. Thanks! I don't know if buying other cables and trying to splice one is an option, I'm just looking for solutions to be able to ride the bikes sooner. They mentioned not to use the system on the cables they sent me.

Utility

Aug 31, 2023
Tahoe
@Utility and @brbr
Did you both end up receiving the correct main cable? It sounds like our solution is 5 weeks out, if you have any contact details on your vendors it would be great to know. @kaylee.s and I currently have all the parts except this seemingly vital cable. Thanks! I don't know if buying other cables and trying to splice one is an option, I'm just looking for solutions to be able to ride the bikes sooner. They mentioned not to use the system on the cables they sent me.
Trying to find the 1T3.H cable online. Supposedly that's the correct one but the picture will show the old one I'm going to try it and I'll just return it if they don't work

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
@Utility and @brbr
Yes I do have the correct cable!
There are no details in my order form

TobyB

Aug 26, 2023
Seattle WA
Man, I totally understand you! Sorry for that, I know how frustrating it is to wait :(
who did you get your through? could you pass on the contact? I imagine they are complete kits and not just pieced together, but its worth an email i guess :)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
who did you get your through? could you pass on the contact? I imagine they are complete kits and not just pieced together, but its worth an email i guess :)
I got mine with the motor and battery, from fieldebikes on alibaba, but I think I was just lucky, as the communication with them has been a reals struggle.
I received a motor with a 43v sticker on it but it arrived with a 36v firmware, I had to rebuild my battery while I was waiting for the besst tool they « forced » me to buy

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
I got mine with the motor and battery, from fieldebikes on alibaba, but I think I was just lucky, as the communication with them has been a reals struggle.
I received a motor with a 43v sticker on it but it arrived with a 36v firmware, I had to rebuild my battery while I was waiting for the besst tool they « forced » me to buy
That's the same vendor I bought from. I even believe my motor SN is only 1 after yours. But I got the wrong cable. Today I asked Fieldebikes when it would ship, her response was "will arrange next week".

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
That's the same vendor I bought from. I even believe my motor SN is only 1 after yours. But I got the wrong cable. Today I asked Fieldebikes when it would ship, her response was "will arrange next week".
I hope it’s true!

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I did another run today. 35km, 1060m of elevation. Some of it was on boost, majority, in sport and eco on the flats. Came home with 12% battery left. Motor for sure has a lot of power. For me, more than enough. In boost is is very rapid. But the battery from 30% to 20% was drained very quickly. And below 20% you are getting only cca 120w max, regardless of the power mode.

Bike also handles well. Additional weight on the downs is quickly forgotten. :)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I finally installed the battery and the front light! I don’t try it yet.
I managed somehow to fry the 12v relay when putting everything in the frame, so I decided to connect the light directly to the battery whilz waiting dor a new one but I was happily surprised that the battery goes to sleep after 10/15 seconds and the light stops as well! I don’t need the relay anymore and I have a full power light!

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
I did another run today. 35km, 1060m of elevation. Some of it was on boost, majority, in sport and eco on the flats. Came home with 12% battery left. Motor for sure has a lot of power. For me, more than enough. In boost is is very rapid. But the battery from 30% to 20% was drained very quickly. And below 20% you are getting only cca 120w max, regardless of the power mode.

Bike also handles well. Additional weight on the downs is quickly forgotten. :)
I also noticed the power reduction below 20% battery level. On the one hand, this is quite early, but on the other hand, it is a good protection for 1P range extenders so as not to trigger the BMS too early.

haydz26

Jul 12, 2023
new zealand
what has everyone ended up with in terms of steerer tube length on the forks? im piecing together all my bits but looking at used forks but wanting to know roughly how much steerer length ill be needing. cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles