M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
very interesting to see it's written 13A on the motor as well!
What celles did you use for your DIY battery and what charger ? I cannot find a 43V charger ... like, nowhere!

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
This one is a slow charger.I'd recommend at least 4a charging power.You can write them an email and ask if they have a better one

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Only one problem, the speed sensor plugs don’t match with with a 8pin connector on the motor and a 4 pin on the sensor wire. Motor runs for a couple secs then trips on speed sensor fault as it isn’t connected.
Does anyone know if this can be overridden or the control mode changed with the besst tool, while I wait for the correct sensor to arrive?
My CEF50 has an adapter cable.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
My CEF50 has an adapter cable.
image.jpg

This one right?
That also con’ects the display

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
View attachment 120757
This one right?
That also con’ects the display
My motor was supplied with a different set of cables. I have a 8pin next to the power supply which changes to a five pin into the handlebar display (I have no idea what happens to the other 3 pins?). The display then daisy chains to the switch.
On the back of the motor there is a 8 pin for the speed sensor which was supplied with a 4 pin speed sensor cable
5CD1D4F4-4CB6-40EE-B67D-EC179E1AC3AA.jpeg
C30BEFEA-B76C-4E12-AAEE-E89B984972B8.jpeg

haydz26

Jul 12, 2023
new zealand
Yes the tires are relatively heavy. The areas where weight could be reduced are the tires, cranks, bafang chainring spider, dropper, and perhaps titanium bolts? probably another ~ 1kg

The standard bafang chainring, bolts and spider are very heavy (all steel) - a bit strange given the efforts to save weight in the motor.

Breakdown of cost and weight below, I weighed all components and the overall bike after, matched pretty well!! View attachment 120606
Where abouts in n.z are you? Would be keen to check the bike out before i order my frame if your anywhere near me

haydz26

Jul 12, 2023
new zealand
Does anyone know the shortest length fork steerer tube that can be used with a medium frame or could someone measure the headset etc so i could try work it out.

Cheers

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Finally received the frame!
I only have the upper part of the headset, it was the same for you ?
All shops are closed today so I need to wait tomorrow to get the lower headset bearing and cups.

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
@brbr my understanding is (without having the frame yet), that with integrated headset, you don't need lower cup. You only need the bearing and crown race, that will go on the fork.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Does anyone know the shortest length fork steerer tube that can be used with a medium frame or could someone measure the headset etc so i could try work it out.

Cheers
I can check on my frame once I have the crown race

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
My guess is, that you need something like this:

Crown race + bearing. IS denotes integrated headset and the number 52 denotes bearing diameter.

IS52 is common for tapered forks, but check the dimension, if this is acually the correct one for this frame.

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
Where abouts in n.z are you? Would be keen to check the bike out before i order my frame if your anywhere near me
I’m in New Plymouth, you are most welcome to check it out!!
I’m not a great mountain biker or “bike guy” but I have some good friends who I ride with who are. All very impressed with the frame look, geometry and quality.

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
The
My guess is, that you need something like this:

Crown race + bearing. IS denotes integrated headset and the number 52 denotes bearing diameter.

IS52 is common for tapered forks, but check the dimension, if this is acually the correct one for this frame.
Can confirm the bearing presses directly into the frame and the bearing sits directly on the crown race. No cups.
The bearing surfaces are angled to recess into the frame and match the crown race

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I just realized I missed both upper and lower hardware for the shock… another hop to the shop tomorrow

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
The

Can confirm the bearing presses directly into the frame and the bearing sits directly on the crown race. No cups.
The bearing surfaces are angled to recess into the frame and match the crown race
Did you receive the upper hardware for the shock ?
I don’t find it in the box and it seems it’s specific to the frame, I can’t really find it online

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
Did you receive the upper hardware for the shock ?
I don’t find it in the box and it seems it’s specific to the frame, I can’t really find it online
The frame comes with the hardware for one end of the shock only. The other end needs a 22.2mm m8 bolt with spacers specific to the shock.

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Upper hardware is frame specific with trunion shocks. it should consist of two bolts and two spacers.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
The frame comes with the hardware for one end of the shock only. The other end needs a 22.2mm m8 bolt with spacers specific to the shock.
I will double check on my side but I haven’t seen it. I’ll ping Jim if it’s not in the box :(

Edit: late build, tired builder… they were in my back pocket from the beggining 😂

Last edited:

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
What charging sockets are out there that work well with this frame ? The housing for the one I have from Aliexpresss is little small and I have used a couple washers to make it work. Also, a four pin would be useful to allow an extender battery to use the same port.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles