Levo SL Gen 1 Levo sl new brakes

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
So i have started to hate the sram G2 rsc brake that are stock on my expert. Not strong enough. So after some research decided to give the code rsc a try. My question is can i change the rear without needing to bleed if already together in the box. I did this by magura instruction on another bike before but was all external routed cable. I think the process was keep lever port turned up and unhook then keep caliper below the open cable end. Pull it through the frame reconnect and done? I have the reverb red barrel thing to connect to old cable to new for pulling. Will it just pull through easy or will i need to drop motor or something?

any tips from someone already through this wouldbe much appreciated thank you

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i have code rsc on my levo and g2 ultimates on the sl and i like g2 better. You might be able to pull off the switch without bleeding but i dont think so. Anyway i tried disco brakes copper free pads and better than stock ----> Copper-Free

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
I got some Guide Ultimates from eBay for my SL. I really like them. It’s not instant on/off “bite” like you get with Shimano XT, but instead it’s beautifully controllable modulation, with configurable bite point and real smoothness. I like them a lot.

Sir William

Jul 7, 2020
Los Angeles
So i have started to hate the sram G2 rsc brake that are stock on my expert. Not strong enough. So after some research decided to give the code rsc a try. My question is can i change the rear without needing to bleed if already together in the box. I did this by magura instruction on another bike before but was all external routed cable. I think the process was keep lever port turned up and unhook then keep caliper below the open cable end. Pull it through the frame reconnect and done? I have the reverb red barrel thing to connect to old cable to new for pulling. Will it just pull through easy or will i need to drop motor or something?

any tips from someone already through this wouldbe much appreciated thank you
@Hoppy will you please post an update on how you like the Code RSC once you make the switch? Am very interested to hear the difference. thanks!

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Swapped my G2 RSC’s with Magura MT7’s. Best brake I’ve ever used - great modulation like SRAM, with better stopping power than Shimano. Best of both worlds!

Hoppy

Nov 1, 2018
Washington
Well did the swap yesterday and did about 17 miles of decent trails today. Love the code rsc over the G2 rsc brakes. They have way more power. Now I can vary the braking instead of not having enough and then resorting to a skid trying to slow down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles