Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK

Can view everything on german sites

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
If you could do this and document what you find that would be super interesting, like if it doesn't fit, then where and by how much.
Unless your old motor was broken outside of warranty, this just isn't a cost effective idea.
I speculate the fit difference is because of the new honeycomb case making it slightly, but physically larger, in every dimension. Probably just 2-5mm, but that's enough.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
May the 4th be with you!

IMG_3702.jpeg

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Unless your old motor was broken outside of warranty, this just isn't a cost effective idea.
I speculate the fit difference is because of the new honeycomb case making it slightly, but physically larger, in every dimension. Probably just 2-5mm, but that's enough.
Since when was "cost effective" a factor?

Jun 12, 2020
lake Tahoe
Just received a notice from my dealer that the 23' Levo SL is now in stock for me to pick up today. Confirming the Dioppolo Sand colorway (fancy Italian name for matte black carbon I guess). No Salmon for me. Ill post a ride report later today. Impressive that the Comp lists at $7999 USD, especially with the runaway Biden led US inflation! I recall paying roughly $ 7600 for my 2019 SL expert. Good job Specialized.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
They’re on the UK site now too.
They’ve brought in the better colour S-Works but only have an S3. I imagine stock will drift in over the next few weeks. All sizes of the black in stock apparently

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
I'll be honest with you. I have seen many Rob Rides EMTB Videos in the last months. And I have spent many of hours in this forum the last weeks. But I just realized that this is appaerently the forum of this guy?! :D

c0stunga

Apr 12, 2023
Germany
Who said whisper quiet?!
The product page of the bike :D

SPECIALIZED SL 1.2 MOTOR — The all new Specialized SL 1.2 motor is whisper quiet, boasts unmatched smoothness, delivers 43% more torque (50Nm), and 33% more power (320 Watts) than its predecessor. Resulting in “2x You” performance; it’s you pedaling, but a side of you only a Levo can bring out.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
The video review motor noise by Rob makes the motor sound very similar.. Still also got the slightly higher pitch of the Gen 1 which doesn’t actually bother me.
I do remember Rob saying that the microphone position does make it sound louder on his previous videos though.
Hard to tell unless done side by side with a Gen 1 though.
It may be slightly quieter but I’m not sure it’s the claimed 40% quieter but hopefully it is.

Be really interested for some more honest comparisons between the two from posters on here.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
The video review motor noise by Rob makes the motor sound very similar.. Still also got the slightly higher pitch of the Gen 1 which doesn’t actually bother me.
I do remember Rob saying that the microphone position does make it sound louder on his previous videos though.
Hard to tell unless done side by side with a Gen 1 though.
It may be slightly quieter but I’m not sure it’s the claimed 40% quieter but hopefully it is.

Be really interested for some more honest comparisons between the two from posters on here.
Check the review by Francis Cebedo (I posted the link a while ago). He compared it with old SL, Trek, and Transition.

Last edited:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I had a call at 17.02 from my LBS who have secured me a frame only in S4 - which will be approx 2 weeks.
I went in 15 mins ago to pay a deposit… however they’re not prepared to offer any discount.

I’ve never bought a bike without at least 10% off!
What sort of discounts are people getting?

I want to support my local bike shop, but not when they want to charge me full retail price and I could potentially get it 10-15% cheaper elsewhere!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If you want to support your LBS just pay what they are asking - people are running on empty, inflation is rampant, and trying to make a LBS financial viable is nigh on impossible.

I also suspect the margins on the frame set a lot less, so more likely to get a discount on a whole bike.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I had a call at 17.02 from my LBS who have secured me a frame only in S4 - which will be approx 2 weeks.
I went in 15 mins ago to pay a deposit… however they’re not prepared to offer any discount.

I’ve never bought a bike without at least 10% off!
What sort of discounts are people getting?

I want to support my local bike shop, but not when they want to charge me full retail price and I could potentially get it 10-15% cheaper elsewhere!
better off getting the comp at a slight discount. its the same frame with a different badge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles