LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
1629842754531.png

most of what i've done recently is on the point of not actually being able to stop and it looks like plodding along a garden path.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Lets get the innuendo out of the way shall we...

On Thursday I rode Boner and it was ace... :ROFLMAO:

The GoPro flattens it out so much.
Liked that, i'd like to ride a boner too. What part of the country is this? I'm guessing north as its steep with dry stone walls. but then its dry? I don't think the north does dry?
Nice riding for the first time going down on a boner.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
They're brand new. The trail was only re-opened on Saturday after £68K was spent on it!

It was rougher than your last one night stand before the revamp.
They spent 68k making a fun trail boring ?

I really need to start charging for trail building. I can do boring too if they pay enough :)

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Another weekend, another video.

Today's weekend ride was finding some of the steeper stuff around ladybower. I know i'm slow as all of this was new to me. The return to bike park wales comes next week but i'm certainly not hitting up the big jumps this time. :)

I've got fed up trying to do transitions so apologies for the awful cuts.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Two questions;
1. What camera, lense and settings are you using? The terrain actually looks steep, I've got footage from the Golfie that looks flat as a pancake on a GoPro Hero 9.
2. How did the chap go OTB at 7 minutes?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Go pro hero 9 black. Mounted to a chin mount.
I've got it set to 2.7k superwide as I found it have the best field of view.

Guy went otb as he clipped an angled rock that turned his wheel, also didnt go in with enough speed.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
On Thursday I rode Boner and it was ace... :ROFLMAO:
That was Stu guiding you down, eh?
Only watched the start. (angle your Gopro higher to show further down the trail and it'd be less unwatchabru) and skipped to the end

You were getting your money's worth for sure ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've got footage from the Golfie that looks flat as a pancake on a GoPro Hero 9.
Have you tried chin mounting your GoPro in a portrait mount? it gives a better perspective regarding steepness. But obviously looks a bit ropey on youtube on a laptop/PC but it looks way better on a phone

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I haven't tried that Gary, but I don't usually wear a FF these days. I'll have a look and see what mounts are available.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There are cheap GoPro cases on Ebay that have a detachable mount that can be fixed to the side or top.

The reason you need it chin mounted is so if follows and captures the (less wide) trail ahead. and chin mount always looks a lot faster and more involved than visor mount (bars/hands in shot)

Despite having a GoPro, insta360 GO2 and tons of mounting options I CBA with POV camera's most of the time as for me it just detracts from the riding and generally the finished product just looks shit anyway.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
There’s some stunning landscapes in the North Yorkshire Moors and the old iron ore mining railway track around Rosedale is one of the best, here’s a little preview

(Ignore my phone mounted to the bars, I know it looks sh1t, we’d been riding single track over the moors and I needed quick reference to OS Maps as the terrain there can be quite dodgy, and easy to get lost)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
There’s some stunning landscapes in the North Yorkshire Moors and the old iron ore mining railway track around Rosedale is one of the best, here’s a little preview

(Ignore my phone mounted to the bars, I know it looks sh1t, we’d been riding single track over the moors and I needed quick reference to OS Maps as the terrain there can be quite dodgy, and easy to get lost)

Funnily enough the Rosedale route from Lastingham was the first time I rode an ebike ..having borrowed one from my mate at The Bike Place , Kielder while my Nomad was being sorted ..and probably the start of my fallout with a good few folk on the Singletrack forum when I raved about how good it was..a good few years ago now !

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Funnily enough the Rosedale route from Lastingham was the first time I rode an ebike ..having borrowed one from my mate at The Bike Place , Kielder while my Nomad was being sorted ..and probably the start of my fallout with a good few folk on the Singletrack forum when I raved about how good it was..a good few years ago now !

We probably rode a similar route to you then, except we didn’t go as far down as Lastingham. The terrain on the heather clad moors drives me nuts sometimes, it’s a love hate relationship ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Following Saturday's events (see Pic of the Day thread), decided to go back to Gisburn on Sunday. Great ride - 16.5 miles. This is a small excerpt that includes my OTB. Rather innocuous, no harm done or any injuries, other than a scrape to my left little finger!?

Posted up so you can all rib me! :ROFLMAO:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Following Saturday's events (see Pic of the Day thread), decided to go back to Gisburn on Sunday. Great ride - 16.5 miles. This is a small excerpt that includes my OTB. Rather innocuous, no harm done or any injuries, other than a scrape to my left little finger!?

Posted up so you can all rib me! :ROFLMAO:

Is that the ‘homebaked’ section ? It’s a right bugger that trail if it is

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Is that the ‘homebaked’ section ? It’s a right bugger that trail if it is
Can't remember if that stretch was Home Baked or Rocky Road, I tend to just sweep straight through it... But yes, it might be Red but it is VERY technical, twisty and tight...

Re-watching, it looks like I brush the tree with my left handlebar end and I over correct and hit the stone in the drop straight on, stopping the bike! ? ?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I run the shock rebound at tad slower than the fork , you could speed it up a click or 2 but you looked fine just abit slow ( although hard to see from a POV cam ) ! I like to do runs like that a few time back2back which gives you time a feel comfortable with them !
Scenery looks amazing , where is this ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ohh it is. After 100kg it just becomes super fat. ?

I really wish I could get down 20kg. Would make mountianbiking so much more fun. I’d have to stop going to the gym tho and no hot babe likes a skinny dude. At least I don’t make enough money for looking like shit with a hot babe. Or I don’t troll poor enough waters. - should go check out Kiev and Tbilisi.

Well this super fat dude still has great fun on two wheels even if it means I have to turbo my tubby guts up the ascents ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles