LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Mr Miyagi say
"Old tank still has advantages over shiny new supercars".
You have MOAR mass and (should have) MOAR strength. (you should have MOAR experience too but we'll... just leave that one, eh? :sneaky: )
Use these to your advantage.

ie. if you time your pump/pull well and put more into it making sure you then touch down smoothly and nicely on the backside you'll gain MOAR momentum than a lighter rider.

Feel free to use my advice with laydees or bikes

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Score ;
Camera angles 3/10
Music 1/10
Vid quality 5/10
Overall not a bad attempt for 1st go but sort ya angles out , ditch the tunes and red writing on green background don’t work !
Look forward to the next one ?

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
View attachment 70618
Alright, this old tank will work on putting more energy in to pushing in to the jump. I think tomorrow I’ll smooth the runs out better and hopefully use the berms better to stay out of the center lane of brake bumps. Also, what I lack in skill i make up for in determination. Also you never said anything about MOAR pain, because I have way MOAR of that these damn kids

Full hotshots run at Leogang from today.
That looked like fun .

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Good to see you back at Bpw and enjoying yourself however I couldn’t call it closure until I’d nailed that run , may next time ?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
There's little to zero chance i'll ever clear that run. I'm just not comfortable on jumps that big. And the Vanta line that is in progress is even bigger. ? I'm just setting my expectations a bit more realistic. Next time i will clear most of the red routes.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Test 2, Different angle of camera, changed some settings, restrained from gimmicky music lol. Not too bad for a £20 camera.

Personally I much prefer music with POV videos, adds to the atmosphere. Just has to be some decent tunes

Watch some of the 50:01 videos, they make sick edits with great tunes, very much in the vain of skateboarding videos. Totally different to most mtb edits online but far better IMO

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
hahaha...

My comment wasn't just aimed at you @Slymobi .
I'm utterly shit at the whole filming editing thing.

the last time I used my insta360 I ended up with 20minutes of footage of me and my mates talking shit in the car park, zero decent POV riding footage and managed to miss my mate infront case a log jump, front flip to wee man stance then get hit in the noggin by his own back wheel before being thrown into a second front flip to wee man. followed by me having to pull his dislocated his thumb back into position.

My £700 worth of POV action cams were a total waste of money. think yourself lucky you're only £20 down ;)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Many of us could learn a lot from Tubby's tutorial above.

I've just learned the following four invaluable tips
  • #1 - if your local terrain isn't feature packed and gnarly keep the overall video length nice and short with lots of quickly transitioning short clips.
  • #2 - Everyone's taste in music is different. But I've never heard anyone complain about the theme music from an 80s Kids TV show
  • #3 - If it's really dull terrain and you want folk to watch until the end follow your Mrs making sure to keep her arse in shot at all times
  • #4 - Breast stroke is always a winner

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Many of us could learn a lot from Tubby's tutorial above.

I've just learned the following four invaluable tips
  • #1 - if your local terrain isn't feature packed and gnarly keep the overall video length nice and short with lots of quickly transitioning short clips.
  • #2 - Everyone's taste in music is different. But I've never heard anyone complain about the theme music from an 80s Kids TV show
  • #3 - If it's really dull terrain and you want folk to watch until the end follow your Mrs making sure to keep her arse in shot at all times
  • #4 - Breast stroke is always a winner

you forgot #5 - we can always rely on Gary for positive & helpful contributions to this forum

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
And here is the DH, I'm not a DH rider, don't proclaim to be a professional but I do like to give it a go. Couldn't go all the way to Fort William and not get a time.https://youtu.be/rTLDWjJQCvs

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Another video (well, OK two videos, but I don't know how to stitch them together...) from The Golfie, New York New York. Yes, the top section is like riding on marbles, hence my expletives... :ROFLMAO:

RedThunder

May 19, 2020
Voyager 1
Go on then... Not on the eeb but starting a few videos going...

Windows Movie Maker
Noise Bandlab creation by me'ish.

LIKE OR SUBSCRIBE :)

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire

Epic Dowhill Bad Wildbad.
One of the hardest lines in Germany.
First ride and everything happend what the guys told me at the start when it's your first try.
Text is german but the vid speaks for itself
Jeeeez that looked brutal. Congratulations on finishing it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles