Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Realising @Rahr85 has posted another ride video :ROFLMAO:

1629068074485.png

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
So today's one didn't quite go to plan. I wanted to go to wharncliffe so that's what i had planned to do. 2 of my riding buddies came along but somewhere along the way wires must have got crossed. We ended up starting at grenoside which i wasn't all that bothered about and when we did get down to wharncliffe they complained about the first trail we did and how they had to go so far for it and then how much of a way it was back up. so after a failed attempt to find a specific trail (which name i don't know) they decided to call it quits and walked back up to the fire road.

Since i was committed to actually seeing what was about i kept going and explored a bit more, finding some of the cool trails that i knew existed but didn't know where to find them. So ultimately not too much footage and a lot of it with me being a chicken and not wanting to take any risks. What really stood out to me in person is how little any of these videos give any real perspective of how big or steep a lot of these trails are. Next time i'd do the big rock roll in but with my sag as it was and a low bottom bracket i'm almost certainly scraping the motor bash guard going over without some proper technique to pitch the bike in (without rolling over the bars to my death)

Day in general: 5/10
Trail Quality: 8/10 would go again.

(at time of post (23:10) video still hasn't processed to HD (or 1440p)

at 30 secs in I hit that rock drop thingy it’s defo one you do a couple runs upto. That little rock turn you walked down is also daunting at first too….I love this place!

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
at 30 secs in I hit that rock drop thingy it’s defo one you do a couple runs upto. That little rock turn you walked down is also daunting at first too….I love this place!
definitely doable, just not on my own the first time. Next time i'm going with people that know it all better.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Gotta say, the Fox x2 is some serious peice of kit.
So far, so good. 3 volume spacers, 210psi at 30% sag. My settings in terms of low and high speed compression will probably change as time goes on.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Two for you today, First one is with Pedal and Spoke for their Santa Cruz Emtb ride out in Surrey Alps, good fun, good riding and a couple of private trails allowed to be ridden.
The second one was a catch-up with an old mate who I've not seen through Covid, a great social fun day at Twisted Oaks.
Apologies for poor editing i was knackered lol

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Finally back on the saddle after 7 weeks off with broken bones. Decided to go to Gisburn Forest. Can’t use my rear brake or dropper post, and the rocky terrain tested my pain tolerance, but great to be back on two wheels

Here’s a daft little timewarp of the blue route

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Thanks @Rahr85 . It sure has been a testing time! How are you getting on with riding after your accident ?
not hit any big jumps, probably won't unless i very slowly work my way back up. Going back to the scene of the crash in 11 days time so hopefully there are no PTSD issues. ? Been trying to do more steep testing stuff than airbourne. Bike feels good.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Here's yesterday's ride up at Gisburn Forest. Hot weather, mostly dry.

It won't excite anyone as it's not an adrenaline rush with jumps etc, it's just more of a demonstration of how agile the Rise is in the technical bits in the trees.

30 minutes of boredom for everyone! ?

We rode the lower red and blue sections mainly this weekend and stupidly I was only using my front brake as my recovering left hand has no strength and is still very sore.

I found ‘Homebaked’ and the later section of ‘Swoopy’ extremely difficult, but mainly due to not using the rear brake and the lack of a firm grip of the bars. They’re very techie, surprised that they’re graded red and not black. Slippery too on all the roots & rocks. Bet it’s much nicer riding them properly on the Rise

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
not hit any big jumps, probably won't unless i very slowly work my way back up. Going back to the scene of the crash in 11 days time so hopefully there are no PTSD issues. ? Been trying to do more steep testing stuff than airbourne. Bike feels good.

I’ve been back to my crash site but just walked it, don’t feel like riding it again for a while!

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Bit of a funny day over in the Surrey Alps yesterday, nothing too gnar, but I felt it as it seems I haven't been doing enough mileage and just been playing on the jumps, etc at the local spot recently. Slightly longer than normal, but i wont be offended if you skip some bits ;)
Mate do you always ride with a goldfish bowl on your head ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I found ‘Homebaked’ and the later section of ‘Swoopy’ extremely difficult, but mainly due to not using the rear brake and the lack of a firm grip of the bars. They’re very techie, surprised that they’re graded red and not black. Slippery too on all the roots & rocks. Bet it’s much nicer riding them properly on the Rise
It is! ?

You are right though, Gisburn has some very technical sections in the trees. Very narrow and twisty with LOTS of roots and stones...

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I can’t see the point in those lenses , spend years trying to get your footage as real as pos then with one lense it the worst ever and a total worst of time . In what circumstance would that be better ?
No offence but I don’t like them ☺
Its the whole 360 camera, not just a lense.
It can do anything you want the below footage was takeen with the same camera used in a different way.
It works better in 9:16 rather than the standard 16:9 in my opinion for MTB. example below.
2 minutes in for comparison.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
the 360 cameras are cool in that you can edit your video with more perspective (ie changing the view side or rearward) when somewhere a bit more scenic, but the lense distortion is quite offputting for more bike park type content. I'd still like one to compliment my go pro.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles