LCE930 Build

NWCO Emtb

Dec 18, 2021
Steamboat Springs Colorado
Howdy all,
In the process of ordering up my frame (medium) and 43v motor/battery kit.
Plans are to hang a T-Type AXS GX tranny on it. I have a Lyrik ultimate 150 hanging on the wall.
I would love some input on the following items please.
Rear shock-thinking air with piggyback?
Brakes and rotors?
Dropper post sizing?-i am 5'8" tall/29"inseam
-thinking AXS, but open to suggestions. -Not sure how to figure this part out before bike would arrive.
Cranks? 155/160 and suppliers. Lightweight ideas?
Are the Light carbon rims a good product?
Extra$399 from them with order?

Thanks for help. I have enjoyed reading thru the threads on this bike so far.

sandnap

Dec 23, 2023
Herriman, UT USA
Howdy all,
In the process of ordering up my frame (medium) and 43v motor/battery kit.
Plans are to hang a T-Type AXS GX tranny on it. I have a Lyrik ultimate 150 hanging on the wall.
I would love some input on the following items please.
Rear shock-thinking air with piggyback?
I am happy with my E-Optimized Fox Float X Performance.
Brakes and rotors?
I am happy with the 4 piston IIIPro E4's with metallic pads (hope E4 compatible). I am using Bucklos rotors, 203/180mm front/rear.
Dropper post sizing?-i am 5'8" tall/29"inseam
-thinking AXS, but open to suggestions. -Not sure how to figure this part out before bike would arrive.
I am using an EXO 900i dropper with a ZTTO ball bearing lever. 170mm travel, 498mm total length. I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam. So far I am happy with this combo.
Cranks? 155/160 and suppliers. Lightweight ideas?
I am using 152mm cranks but they are not light.
Are the Light carbon rims a good product?
Extra$399 from them with order?

Thanks for help. I have enjoyed reading thru the threads on this bike so far.
My build came in at 19.77kg, I was more focused on budget than weight. I am thrilled with the bike, no regrets other than EXO casing on the rear tire. I should have gone with EXO+ or DD as I have pin holes from smashing it a few times.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I strongly recommend RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT2 with HBO. It feels awesome. Denver also seems happy with his though he does not have HBO on his.

Totally agree with Sandnap on the brakes and dropper. I have the same on my bike (LCE971) and very happy with both! Although I bought the IIIPRO floating rotors and they are not ideal. I mean they are lightweight but since they are "floating rotor" it's harder to get them straight and they slightly move. If you ride more enduro/dh I'm thinking the Galfer e-bike wave rotor which is 2mm thick instead of 1,9mm or the new sram 6 bolt rotor they recommend for maven which is also 2mm thick could be good choise. If you do not ride that hard then the extra thickness is not needed and I would go whatever.

I'm using 160mm cranks. If you ride enduro style trails I think even 152 or 155 would be better. No experience with lightweight models though. Denver put alot of effort to make his bike lightweight with titanium bolts and carbon wheels+bars so maybe he knows something about those.

I strongly suggest Continental Kryptotal Enduro tyres. I'm extremely pleased with them and I think so are other people who have tried them. I have them both front and rear but I think best combo could be their new upcoming kryptotal enduro super soft in the front and xynotal in the rear. It's awesome on the rear also but I think xynotal will last alot longer but if you don't mind spending the money replacing the rear tyre often then go for both fr and re!

Denver wrote very detailed post in his build thread about the wheels and they seem to be top quality product. Especially for that price!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles