How many trouble free miles are have you got from your TQ-HPR50 motor?

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
How many trouble free miles are you guys/gals getting out of you TQ-HPR50 motors? Looking at a used Trek exe and just curious to know how many trouble free miles people are getting.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
My first hpr50 motor failed at around 450 miles and was replaced under warranty, the second motor is now on 1000 miles and is still fine

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
Thanks for the input brother. I'm sure this one past the 450 mile mark but you never know. I'm researching before I contact the guy. Usually when I contact someone who is selling something I tend to buy it so any input I can get is appreciated 👍🏽

chnapka

Apr 19, 2024
Heart of Europe
Next issue appeared yesterday, while walking next to my bike. Around 2k km, 500 km on new motor after waranty claim.
ERR 5401 DRV CONN, Communication error between Drive Unit and Display.

Visited LBS today, and they were unable to solve the issue, so TQ support was asked to help - advised to change display because this is a known issue because of the faulty set of displays. My display was produced on 22' and changed with 23'... did not help, still same error.
Called again TQ support and they will send new display and complete cables.

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
Now after 900km my TQ in the Lumen has a metallic ticking sound.
Not always, with the engine on or off.
Check the motor bolts , refer to the TQ service manual for more details

IMG_5451.jpeg IMG_5450.jpeg

chnapka

Apr 19, 2024
Heart of Europe
Next issue appeared yesterday, while walking next to my bike. Around 2k km, 500 km on new motor after waranty claim.
ERR 5401 DRV CONN, Communication error between Drive Unit and Display.

Visited LBS today, and they were unable to solve the issue, so TQ support was asked to help - advised to change display because this is a known issue because of the faulty set of displays. My display was produced on 22' and changed with 23'... did not help, still same error.
Called again TQ support and they will send new display and complete cables.
New cables and display did not solve the problem, a new motor was needed.
In my case it is the second motor change, first time - grinding sound, second time - err 5401.
Hopefully 3rd motor will last much longer than a couple hundred km.

Ali_Foto

Feb 16, 2024
Dubai
New cables and display did not solve the problem, a new motor was needed.
In my case it is the second motor change, first time - grinding sound, second time - err 5401.
Hopefully 3rd motor will last much longer than a couple hundred km.
It is really so bad for TQ, they were finding the fault by try and error , fist display, then cable and finally found motor

CartmanMTB

Aug 29, 2024
Las Vegas, NV
How many trouble free miles are you guys/gals getting out of you TQ-HPR50 motors? Looking at a used Trek exe and just curious to know how many trouble free miles people are getting.
I've yet to receive my Fuel EXe with the TQ motor (tis on order, should arrive next week - woot!), but I have the same motor in my TREK Domane+ and I have 4,602 miles on it so far... my great experience with this bike helped me choose the TREK Fuel EXe to be my mountain e-bike choice.

chnapka

Apr 19, 2024
Heart of Europe
Third motor and after 750 km is grinding sound back, but much quieter and less frequently as here Grinding rattling sound but noticable. This happens when i reach speed limit and watts produced by motor are around 10-40 watts.
I checked S/N and it is 74 xxx, model year '23. So little bit older then my second motor which was 24' and has S/N 116 xxx.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles