no idea. But I do know the solution
Stop looking at £3k bikes when you said your budget was 1.5k

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Or, cynic mode on, Hellfrauds have put the price up so they can knock 10% off in the run-up to Christmas.

Actually... also. if you go into a halfords and look at their Boarman mtb range, the only alternative you'll be shown for each Boardman model is a Vodoo. and it's generally worse spec/VFM and they don't have them in stock.

Voodoo = A bit like ugly backing singers in the pop industry ;)

Cynicism is my favourite

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Or, cynic mode on, Hellfrauds have put the price up so they can knock 10% off in the run-up to Christmas.

This is likely true. Halfords do like to play with their price throughout the year. If you dont like the price today, wait. Or ask for a discount / ask to match the old price. They might be happy to...

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
This is likely true. Halfords do like to play with their price throughout the year. If you dont like the price today, wait. Or ask for a discount / ask to match the old price. They might be happy to...
I'm not after one just seems crazy that e bikes are raising so much in price but for no added benefit to the consumer. It's not like there coming with extra technology or range or better components. But the price is getting higher and higher.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Below is one of the reasons why we are paying more.
$US v £ devaluation

A87D38A4-88E7-46FD-BC21-0D0BE4CBF90E.jpeg

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
I also wonder if popularity has something to do with it. E bike sales are doubling or more each year. Maybe they know people want them now and will pay for them...

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Have you seeing the Levo Turbo H/T in the sales section? Lovely looking bike for your wife and I can vouch for the fella is selling it :p:giggle:

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I also wonder if popularity has something to do with it. E bike sales are doubling or more each year. Maybe they know people want them now and will pay for them...
...or maybe they are struggling to build enough? Certainly there are bikes out there that are or have been very difficult to get hold of. The “fun” of getting a Spectral:On has been well documented here (though it seems that was mostly down to logistical issues), and the new Yamaha’s are also being subject to delays it seems from posts here. Maybe the motor manufacturers are the pinch point, or maybe the different skills needed to manufacture an ebike make production slower and more difficult for factories used to acoustic bikes?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Just wait till after we leave the EU, i suspect the 2019 Levo will look cheap compared to a 2020

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles