Dji avinox

Niklas

Jun 10, 2019
Sweden
I fit a 210mm in the XL and almost slammed
But on a smaller size and a shorter person that is going to be really bad. I am 176cm with short 82cm legs and run a 210mm OneUp on my Strive Medium so in my world every thing looks good abut the motor, battery and so on but as soon I looked at the bike I know I’ll haft to wait for something with better geometry and a straight seat tube, Sadly that’s reminds me of an old Levo SL…

Last edited:

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Damn serious hype. I wonder if us euros can order from Germany (only eu country selling them), although might be a big risk with warranty.

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Damn serious hype. I wonder if us euros can order from Germany (only eu country selling them), although might be a big risk with warranty.

I do not think this is possible, apparently they rely on partner present on ground, so unless you are on listed country this might be for another batch.

This might be related to potential first issues they want to mitigate, otherwise there would be no valid reason.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Never heard of IP rating being used on any emtb
All of the motors will have an IP rating for water and dust resistance example Specialized SL 1.2 is IP67, however a lot of the manufacturers don’t mention the rating because it’s a bit rubbish. Didn’t know if DJI had mentioned the rating on this motor

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Sam is a bit less positive about the bikes descending capabilities and range. Would love to hear the range of the bike in trail mode as Steve Jones says it's comparable to many other bikes' top assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from Rob and his build weight.

Astro66

May 24, 2024
Sydney Australia
Coming to Australia in October. AUD$9400 for the PL Carbon. Though I'd upgrade the transmission to SRAM AXS Wireless GX.

Need to start sweet talking the missus ......... :sneaky:

Oh BTW. I'd want it in a mullet. So hopefully that's an option when buying.

Last edited:

zerofunds

Nov 30, 2020
New Zealand
Would be epic if they incorporated a follow me with a DJi drone that actually works.
New Zealand isn't listed as a country they're available in but I could quite easily pull the trigger on one of these. Very close the the Gen 3 levo I'm on

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
But on a smaller size and a shorter person that is going to be really bad. I am 176cm with short 82cm legs and run a 210mm OneUp on my Strive Medium so in my world every thing looks good abut the motor, battery and so on but as soon I looked at the bike I know I’ll haft to wait for something with better geometry and a straight seat tube, Sadly that’s reminds me of an old Levo SL…
Now the videos are out it looks like the seat post can go a fair way beyond the suspension pivot and the kink, so may be OK.
original Levo SL isn't that bad if you use a shim and choose the right post, I'm 173cm and get a 200mm Wolf tooth in a Medium.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
LevoSL isn't even that terrible in this regard, my wife has OneUp2 180mm on her Medium and it's still 3cm lower than OneUp2 150 +Aenomaly on my KSL S3 :- ( The insertion depth on LSL is good enough for 210 for 178+cm people.

Love how Rob instantly endur-bro every trail bike :- ). The brands know why they do it though (less aggro trail geo vs enduro for first model), it just sells to much broader audience. Specialized was the only brand to start with SL-Enduro quite soon after their trail version(well, technically Rotwild had the freeride G375 but I highly doubt they sold single unit... ) and I am pretty sure it wasn't exactly a hit.

This will sell like hot cakes.

DirkWisely

Jun 14, 2024
California
Sam is a bit less positive about the bikes descending capabilities and range. Would love to hear the range of the bike in trail mode as Steve Jones says it's comparable to many other bikes' top assistance.

Looking forward to hearing from Rob and his build weight.
He definitely got more in depth about the bike as a bike. Clearly it isn't some magical fairy bike that is the best at everything. It's a trail bike, and that means there are things it doesn't handle very well.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I keep wondering about the evolution of speccing parts for e-bikes. From my understanding, it went like this:

1) Full-fats came (80nm+ torque): Brands came with 2300 grams wheelsets (DT HX1700 at 29"&35mm), 1500 gram tyres (Schwalbe Eddy Current), heavier cassettes,etc.. To withstand the "power" was the main argument, not heavyness of bike&rider.
2) SL E-bikes came (35-50nm): Above not needed, let's get back to Exo Dissectors and XC/Trail wheelsets.
3) Latest full-fats, even more powerful than previous gens (120nm)... back to same spec as SL-Bikes; Exo Tyres and Trail wheelsets. Internet is awed at weight miracle!

So was the overbuilding paranoia unwarranted or what :- ) ?

When you actually take the system weight of DJI (Motor+Battery), it's actually surprising close to everything else right now on market (current-gen). It's just much more powerful at given package, but neither motor or battery is magically light-weight. All the weight-saving comes from the build, all to create youtube headlines.

DirkWisely

Jun 14, 2024
California
When you actually take the system weight of DJI (Motor+Battery), it's actually surprising close to everything else right now on market (current-gen). It's just much more powerful at given package, but neither motor or battery is magically light-weight. All the weight-saving comes from the build, all to create youtube headlines.
Well the motor is actually lighter than any comparable power motor, and the battery is denser than any but a handful of modern cell packs on the market.

You're right though that those don't get it from ~25kg to ~20kg on their own.

So was the overbuilding paranoia unwarranted or what :- ) ?

IMO mostly yes. Only the drivetrain is under real additional stress due to it being an e-bike. The extra weight over an acoustic bike is so marginal compared to bike + rider weight that I don't believe it needs stronger frame/wheels/tires/brakes. What's an extra 10KG when a normal bike is expected to handle riders from 130 to 250 pounds or so?

Needing a tougher build is more about how/where you ride it. If you're doing flow trails all the time, then you don't need Enduro spec shit. If you're jumping it and slamming rock gardens, then you probably do.

That applies to every bike whatever it's prime focus.

Exactly my point.

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Well the motor is actually lighter than any comparable power motor, and the battery is denser than any but a handful of modern cell packs on the market.

I am not sure the numbers tell that to such degree:
The engine is really light for its power, but it's just 200 grams lighter than Shimano (2.5KG vs 2.7KG), so nice, but, not crazy nice. Against Bosch yes..

But the battery doesn't feature anything denser than competition, here for example is TQ's 580 Watt that weighs 2.65KG, and DJI's 600 Watt weights 2.7KG. Identical density, and the TQ is using same cells it did since 2022.
So the engine is really impressive indeed. But the battery is like rest inbuilt systems, where majority of weight saving is from casing, not cells density.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
I had a prototype since last year. This is the old frame and they made several changes since then. But this things is fast as fcuk and my enduro build (38mm 170 / DH tyres / Alu wheels / mullet) was 20.93KG with 600 battery.

View attachment 143355 View attachment 143356 View attachment 143357 View attachment 143358
Rob, Hi! Just over from your top-spec YT build that you dropped today. What travel do you think you can get at the back? I know it comes with 150 out of the tin, so not asking that. What got me thinking is you’ve put a 170 fork on the front in your build today and the bikes are 160 and I was just wondering if you thought this bike should be maybe 160 coil and 170 up front making it a true Enduro for Revs/Dyfi/BPW as well as all the rest including Enduro EmTB races.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles