Dji avinox

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
My heart is torn between Pinion and DJI :sneaky:
That's the big question, waiting for the ride reviews, by order of hype for me:
  1. Personally, the MGU is the future, but is it worth buying into the first gen?
  2. Is the DJI motor the best of the current set of mid drive motors, and will brands adopt it (with removable battery systems)?
  3. If not, Bosch gen5 will be fitted to X tried and tested bikes, it will be interesting to see what Orbea or Canyon propose in particular.

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
One of the main reasons i would imagine is battery longevity
The faster you charge batteries the less time they last .
Just do what the diy market has had for decades and put a switch on the charger to adjust the charge rate. Add a piece of paper explaining to charge on the slow mode unless you need it for best health. Which it seems like DJI is doing considering they list two different charge rates.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
That's the big question, waiting for the ride reviews, by order of hype for me:
  1. Personally, the MGU is the future, but is it worth buying into the first gen?
  2. Is the DJI motor the best of the current set of mid drive motors, and will brands adopt it (with removable battery systems)?
  3. If not, Bosch gen5 will be fitted to X tried and tested bikes, it will be interesting to see what Orbea or Canyon propose in particular.
Orbea will not change the frame.They will adapt it to the new motor,the new 600w battery will fit but the 800w apparently will not.

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk

In the comments Sam said the review drops on Sunday

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
that‘s a test these days? ok…
Honestly some content producer these days are just either rushing to be the first over the Internet and indexed or just copy each other without any difference really. Some other just say the obvious and nothing too negative or they would be out of work as brand would ban then.

It is what it is, even a speaker of GMBN has recently said, I reviewed ton of bike, but I could not say that some ebike are totally shit in carbon due to the fact that the motor integration create a stiff block at BB which make it totally crap.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Optimal charging rates for Li-ion cells are 0.5 - 1C so expecting a charge time just over 2 hours isn't really asking much (The Levo SL manages this).

Well, the Levo SL might charge the battery in 2 hours, but then again, it's 40% of the capacity of the 800wh DJI.

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
How is it not relevant? To charge a battery of twice the size in the same amount of time you need to pump twice the amps which requires more cooling, thicker wires, beefier charger, etc.
It's not relevant to cell health, which was the reason people were speculating that other manufacturers don't do it
You may well be right and in that case it is just "being cheap".

DirkWisely

Jun 14, 2024
California
It's not relevant to cell health, which was the reason people were speculating that other manufacturers don't do it
You may well be right and in that case it is just "being cheap".
Ah yes. I don't think any e-bike is fast charging to the point I'd be concerned about cell health.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Just saw this pic popup:

1726200010684.png

Looks like it shows a gear indicator. Anyone know how this integration with the X0 transmission works?

Reactions: Dax

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Just saw this pic popup:

View attachment 146657

Looks like it shows a gear indicator. Anyone know how this integration with the X0 transmission works?
All the sram axs gears transmit data on which gear is selected (and battery status) over bluetooth/ant+, that can be displayed by any compatible bike computer/ watch. I have my garmin watch configured to display what gear I am in.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
All the sram axs gears transmit data on which gear is selected (and battery status) over bluetooth/ant+, that can be displayed by any compatible bike computer/ watch. I have my garmin watch configured to display what gear I am in.

Thanks very much, I didn't realise that!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles