DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I mean you could describe Warner's character as a bit overbearing but I did watch the women's race, absolutely not hoping for a glimpse of Vali Holl... I thought they were ok together.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Is it me or does Warner and Hannah not gel, she’s not a natural commentator and the pairing doesn’t work.

might just be me?
It’s not you…. whilst she obviously sees way more than me and perhaps others, today she seemed to struggle to get that out most of the time. Rob’s so good, it must feel like quite a lot to keep up with when you’re live with him and the race. And Rob and Claudio are brilliant, especially as they only agree when they agree? Having said that, Hannah’s been good with most of the other stuff she’s done this week and the last race - but that may not be quite so hard as it’s not live racing.
Reco was great at the last race and is a natural commentator. That came out again in his track ride this week. His opinion of what’s likely to be the fastest approach is similar to Claudio’s, so a good contrast to Rob. Rachybox is good too and I enjoyed her commentary last year.

Last edited:

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Sometimes I think individual characters can be marmite. I've made the mistake of heading to the comments section, only to read people criticising Eliot Jackson for being too laid back to be a presence in DH whereas I think there's a top podium guy who knows the sport & its people inside out & why on earth wouldn't you have him involved??

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Don’t get me wrong she’s got the skills on the bike. Think she’s just a bit uncomfortable behind the mic as Rob a legend, not saying I would be any better but Elliot Jackson would be a good pairing for the women’s coverage.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
True, I suppose Tracey Hannah only retired in 2020, so could well be still finding her feet in TV but she won what? six world cups? and that is the bedrock respect anyone into the racing should have for her imo. FWIW, you can look up Warner's various telly appearances in the 90's & he's far from sure footed, so I guess it's a journey of discovery for the kids who spent their lives in the bike parks only to realise the kids coming up behind them are going to knock them off the throne.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Sometimes I think individual characters can be marmite. I've made the mistake of heading to the comments section, only to read people criticising Eliot Jackson for being too laid back to be a presence in DH whereas I think there's a top podium guy who knows the sport & its people inside out & why on earth wouldn't you have him involved??
I’d love to see Eliot Jackson with Rob commentating. Eliot has real stature on and off the track. He knows DH, obviously ? But he’s also insightful into the tracks, the riders and especially how to describe those. His track analysis this week was great. Eloquent too.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Could be great but otoh, Claudio is magic too, like an excitable puppy! I do think RB should bring Eliot on, the dude is absolutley an authority.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I probably glean the most from the vital vids for my fantasy team. Farcand away the best race coverage from those guys

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Some big ohh Sh!t moments

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yah. I think it's 90 rather than 60 at world cup rounds but top 20 men are still protected so will still race so long as they started their quali run
Finals racing order will be by UCI rank rather than quali position

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I normally watch on Red Bull but the Championship DH is geo restricted. I see BBC is covering XC but not DH. Anybody got any ideas for UK fans.
The whole shabang is on the red button all weekend. The DH coverage starts at 11:45 tomorrow if my telly guide is right.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The 2021 UCI MTB World Championships live stream with english WARNER commentary, on Red Bull TV.
The stream is only available in the following regions:
  • Albania
  • Slovakia
  • Sweden
  • UK

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles