Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
Bafang service centre told me in January, that they will heave Service in EU till the end of 2021 if not sooner. They do produce some parts already in Poland so the service will probably also be there ?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have requested several time at my bafang contact where i can purchase spare parts in europe. it never answered at my question.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
m500 (Forestal)
Forestal aren't using the M500. It appears closer in design to the m800 but I think it's actually specifically/exclusively designed and built for them at the moment.

But agreed, it is a good start and will hopefully lead to more European Bafang Infrastructure for support.

Some images and conversation about it from another thread :

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
i hope but i have doubt. the M500/600 are proposed by bafang since 2017 and they haven't find agrement with an major cpy. forestal (litle brand) have chosen less powerful and lighter motor folowing current tendancy

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
M600 has legislation problems in EU (talking about selling complete bikes on EU market, not home enthusiasts), but M500 could be OK if they manage to bring something more versus well established competition (Bosch, Yamaha and Shimano) but currently it cost almost the same is heavier it's less powerful and very important it has no service centre.

If it turns out to be extremely reliable then is hope...time will tell :sneaky:

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
(UK) My M600 has just turned up via DHL, looks much sleeker than the BBSHD although still quite heavy. I just need the battery and frame now. Not keen on the length of the cranks though, as I usually use a 160mm, but I was aware of this when it was ordered. I received SMS a couple of days ago with the tracking number if anyone is interested in the process.

edit: ordered 27th Feb

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Hi do you know when it was sent my motor/battery was sent 25 days ago so am hoping it comes soon I can’t wait to get the bike up to the peaks
I've only got tracking for the UK part, but this was the timeline if it helps
- 12th April - email from Melody requesting postcode
- 16th April (according to tracking) shipment picked up Birmingham UK
- 22nd April East Midlands sorting
- 23rd April Leeds delivery facility and finally round the back of my house in Derbyshire a little while ago today

No tracking from China, but from the postcode request, it looks like about 11 days in today - hope this helps!

FYI my battery didn't come today, and I have no other SMS about tracking yet. The SMS for this one was on the 22nd and said it was from JCEX. Japanese/Chinese EXport? Who knows!

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Cheers I think it’s the battery what’s slowing mine up it must be coming by boat
Probably, that sort of thing is always a pain, I was going to build my own but they couldn't supply the empty enclosures at the time, if the battery takes longer than the frame I still will I think. I've still got enough cells in a 52v battery I built for another BBSHD project that I aborted when this frame/motor combo came up. Although given how hard it is to get cells from my usual supplier at the moment, I could probably sell them for a massive profit and buy a Levo ;-)

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
My M600 turned up unannounced today too (ordered 1st March), found it this evening left by the back gate. I ordered 2 x battery (not arrived yet) but nice surprise that they included 2 x chargers with the motor. No sign of frame yet.

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
According to tracking Nr. my battery is now in Hungary - that's 9 days since I got tracking number - so I think it is not send by boat.
Frame was send yesterday (ewerithing ordered 28. January).

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
My M600 turned up unannounced today too (ordered 1st March), found it this evening left by the back gate. I ordered 2 x battery (not arrived yet) but nice surprise that they included 2 x chargers with the motor. No sign of frame yet.
Ship from location is Hong Kong, and my M600 comes with a throttle so I'm guessing it's not speed limited

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
(UK) My M600 has just turned up via DHL, looks much sleeker than the BBSHD although still quite heavy. I just need the battery and frame now. Not keen on the length of the cranks though, as I usually use a 160mm, but I was aware of this when it was ordered. I received SMS a couple of days ago with the tracking number if anyone is interested in the process.

edit: ordered 27th Feb
If you find any smaller pedal arms let me know please

Lucky Luke

Feb 19, 2021
IMG-20210421-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210421-WA0010.jpg

Curiousman

Jan 11, 2021
Belgium
Bafang service centre told me in January, that they will heave Service in EU till the end of 2021 if not sooner. They do produce some parts already in Poland so the service will probably also be there ?
Bafang does have a European center in Wijchen, Holland. They also have a logistics and services depot in Wroclaw, Poland. They are therefore quite capable of providing after-sales service if they really want to.

Unfortunately, their after-sales service policy does not correspond at all to the standards and requirements of European customers.

In reality, their way of dealing with sensitive issues or questions is quite simple: at first they turn a deaf ear and simply do not respond to requests.

Personally, I have tried to contact them 7 times:
  • using their official email address for after-sales service: after receiving an automatic acknowledgment of receipt of my email promising me a quick reaction, I never received a response again;
  • using their official email address for the sales department: after receiving an automatic acknowledgment of receipt of my email promising me a quick reaction, I never had a response again;
  • I then contacted the management of the European center in Wijchen, Holland: no response. I then sent 2 reminders: no response;
  • I also tried to contact 2 times a technical manager at their European headquarters in Wijchen, Holland: no response.
It’s a shame that Bafang didn’t understand that their best ambassador to develop their brand and instill confidence in their products like M500 motor in Europe is us. We are their best ambassadors, we, passionate users, ready to take risks with a very little known motor, we who cover thousands of kilometers with our EMTBs, we who meet many other hikers on weekends, we who are very active on social networks and discussion forums, we who are ready to send Bafang feedback, we who agree to use a motor that Bafang themselves recently recognize as not being at the maximum of its possibilities.

Because frankly, it's a no-brainer, for someone who has had the opportunity to try the Bosch CX Gen4 motor in 85Nm version, or the Shimano EP8 motor in 85Nm, or even the Yamaha PW-X2 in 80 Nm or the Brose in 95 Nm, there is really no picture, the Bafang M500 is significantly less powerful than all these motors ...
The Bafang M500 is weak, it is obvious!

If Bafang wants to expand in Europe and find major bicycle manufacturers who would agree to mount their Bafang M500 motor on their frame, Bafang would do well to take a cue from how Bosch entered the EMTB market, a good ten years ago. From the start, Bosch has had a very flexible after-sales service and warranty policy. Whenever there was the slightest problem or discussion a customer had with the Bosch motor, they would do a standard exchange, free of charge, in up to 10 days. And this, even after the expiration of the two-year legal warranty! I have benefited from it twice. Even today, Bosch continues to apply the warranty with great flexibility.

Bafang proved its worth with the BBS motor which was widely distributed around the world. But there was a big difference. It was a motor with a fully open system. Users could access the software, do developments, and spare parts were very easily accessible.

By completely changing the policy with the M500 and M600 motors, Bafang created a completely closed system, in which it is no longer possible to access the software, even by purchasing the BESST module since Bafang does not accept to give the full codes access to the end user. You have to go through a reseller. This can only work when the Brand has a very large network of resellers, close to customers and accessible, having the hardware to access the software and make updates (BESST) and obviously well trained to use it! Which is not the case today for Bafang. Good luck finding a reseller in some countries like France or Belgium. In Belgium I found 3 dealers, and none of them want to sell bikes with an M500 motor because they themselves admit that the after-sales service is not satisfactory! They advise choosing an EMTB equipped with another motor! And they obviously refuse to intervene in relation to an M500 motor that they did not sell. Let's not talk about spare parts for these M500 motors, another forum member explained here the difficulties he is having in finding a spare parts controller ...

All of this is a shame. The Bafang M500 motor is very quiet, very pleasant, very natural, but it really lacks power.
Too bad Bafang is not more attentive to its end users, like us, who are ready to help them develop their motor, their notoriety, and their brand image.
In reality, the reverse is true ...

Last edited:

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
If you find any smaller pedal arms let me know please
Other than the Luna x1 ones linked in another post below, or making your own I couldn't find any. I've ordered the Luna x1 ones in the end, it's just a pity that someone like Lekkie aren't making any like the ones for bbs02/bbshd, as I've got some of those and they are really nice.
I suppose someone could design their own but my cad skills aren't much beyond drawing a box and putting holes in it!

freerider

Jan 22, 2021
france
Anyone managed to order with postage only? ie no 'tax prepaid'......what exactly is this tax for?
The amount of postage and tax you're all paying it'll be cheaper flying over there and cycling the thing back! :p
OK a bit time consuming but again you'll probably end up with the product in your garage quicker too:LOL::ROFLMAO:

freerider

Jan 22, 2021
france
It could get stuck in customs without
Any real world stories?
So I'm paying vat to a chinaman who then passes it on to a French customs official? Sounds about right :rolleyes:
Whereabouts in the Aveyron are you? I used to live down there, some good hills!! :eek:
We should all club together, pay for a container of gear to Rotterdam then a few of us turn up to collect and distribute it....
Used to work ok for getting cars from Japan :p

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Anyone managed to order with postage only? ie no 'tax prepaid'......what exactly is this tax for?
The amount of postage and tax you're all paying it'll be cheaper flying over there and cycling the thing back! :p
OK a bit time consuming but again you'll probably end up with the product in your garage quicker too:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Do you know that in france in add of TVA, you have 48% anti dumping tax ? (applicable to all EU country). the shipping companies, who are able to collect the custom tax, appling "administrative fees" in more to collect the custom taxes (variable following cpy) and request you pay before delivery parcel. May be you are lucky guy and you could try to you pass throug ? if you like playing try it and post return.

About the container proposal:
Velobecane: la douane du port d’Anvers immobilise un atelier roncquois (lavoixdunord.fr)

welcome in real world

freerider

Jan 22, 2021
france
you have 48% anti dumping tax ?
yeah interesting I was just reading about this 'anti dumping tax'! :(
I was having a quick look on secret flying website and I found 'European cities to Shanghai, China from only €186 roundtrip'
But I also found 'Madrid, Spain to Miami, USA for only €179 roundtrip' :cool:
Anyone fancy a trip to China with a few large suitcases??? :D

I love Europe and living in France but I'm afraid all this 'protectionism' is having the effect of biting itself in the arse.....
France itself is more bankrupt than ever...well done to the con Macaroni
Allez les bleus!!
edit: I'd love to know if any 'individuals' have been stung with 'anti dumping tax'.....it strikes me that the exporters all want you to pay a DDP price! I want a FOB price and I'll take a risk with the customs.....just get them to stick a value of 50USD on the back..which isn't unreasonable for 'plastic frame' or 'lump of metal motor' :p

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
yeah interesting I was just reading about this 'anti dumping tax'! :(
I was having a quick look on secret flying website and I found 'European cities to Shanghai, China from only €186 roundtrip'
But I also found 'Madrid, Spain to Miami, USA for only €179 roundtrip' :cool:
Anyone fancy a trip to China with a few large suitcases??? :D

I love Europe and living in France but I'm afraid all this 'protectionism' is having the effect of biting itself in the arse.....
France itself is more bankrupt than ever...well done to the con Macaroni
Allez les bleus!!
edit: I'd love to know if any 'individuals' have been stung with 'anti dumping tax'.....it strikes me that the exporters all want you to pay a DDP price! I want a FOB price and I'll take a risk with the customs.....just get them to stick a value of 50USD on the back..which isn't unreasonable for 'plastic frame' or 'lump of metal motor' :p

If the china dealer want to sale via DDP, it is to avod litige. When the customer refuse the delivery, because the shipping company claims bill more elevate than price of purchase to delivery the parcel.

freerider

Jan 22, 2021
france
When the customer refuse the delivery, because the shipping company claims bill more elevate than price of purchase to delivery the parcel.
when I said FOB I meant I'll pay the shipping too, just trying to avoid all this 'bollocks tax'......how much is typical shipping cost for a 5kg parcel from China?
I remember once I ordered a small computer from South Korea and weeks after it was delivered TNT smacked me with a tax invoice......I think now I would just ignore it and see what happens :ROFLMAO:
The resilience of the motors and the shite warranty Bafang are offering they are not worth more than 100USD as far as import duties are concerned :p

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
that it is before. now (since 2 years at less ) the shipping cpy contact you when the parcel is in europe and ask you pay the aditional fees before perform delivery, or it is the delivery man who ask you paid before to gave you the parcel

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
A friend of mine received his m500 motor last Tuesday 20th April. I think he paid around the 19th Feb. No battery or frame yet though.
He had/has no tracking info

GandalfR

Mar 22, 2021
Germany
Hi all,

A quick update on my experience with Dengfu / Bafang. My motor, battery, charger and a few other bits arrived yesterday. I have to say, somewhat unsurprisingly, everything looks of good quality. However, it seems as if the motor has taken an impact somewhere along the line (potentially in transit) and one of the mounting through-holes is bent out of shape. As a result the bolt fouls about 3/4 of the way into the hole. So long as nothing else has been damaged as a result of the impact, it shouldn't be the end of the world. I've written to Melody to make her aware of the situation and she has responded asking if the box has been damaged and to send photos. I'm half expecting that Dengfu will try to claim no responsibility and shift the blame onto the shipping company. Let's see.

ps. I ordered (and paid via PayPal) at the end of March and shipment was to Germany.
tempImageU2a48r.jpg

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
Hi all,

A quick update on my experience with Dengfu / Bafang. My motor, battery, charger and a few other bits arrived yesterday. I have to say, somewhat unsurprisingly, everything looks of good quality. However, it seems as if the motor has taken an impact somewhere along the line (potentially in transit) and one of the mounting through-holes is bent out of shape. As a result the bolt fouls about 3/4 of the way into the hole. So long as nothing else has been damaged as a result of the impact, it shouldn't be the end of the world. I've written to Melody to make her aware of the situation and she has responded asking if the box has been damaged and to send photos. I'm half expecting that Dengfu will try to claim no responsibility and shift the blame onto the shipping company. Let's see.

ps. I ordered (and paid via PayPal) at the end of March and shipment was to Germany. View attachment 60083
Hi, I got my motor and charger yesterday in Italy. I paid mine via PayPal on the 8th of March. However, I have yet to receive my battery. Did yours come all in one box?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles