Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
I think this Stilus is great but not for me sadly, XL is too small I think. Reach is too short on XL if you are over 6.3
I'm 6.3 and I have an XL. I had to buy a 90mm stem, move the saddle to the back and it fits well and I don't look silly on it (my opinion). This bike has a long chain stay, so moving the saddle back is fine. Also Stilus wheel base is about 126cm as I remember and that is in par with other large bikes like Cube Stereo Hybrid series.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
I'm 6.3 and I have an XL. I had to buy a 90mm stem, move the saddle to the back and it fits well and I don't look silly on it (my opinion). This bike has a long chain stay, so moving the saddle back is fine. Also Stilus wheel base is about 126cm as I remember and that is in par with other large bikes like Cube Stereo Hybrid series.
I have cube stereo hybrid 140 but I can't compare coz Stilus geometry chart is so strange .. no stack and reach. Well for sure wheelbase is almost same but chainstain is much longer on stilus so reach should be shorter. But you gained reach with 90mm stem , I just think this isn't best idea .. You should probably first tried wider bar maybe..

OllieH

Jul 20, 2020
Wiltshire
Has anyone had any luck ordering an XL recently? I think the last time they added XLs in stock was the 15th(didnt have the funds in my bank;( ) unless im not being notified anymore? I know people say to chack just before 11pm and it says "1 article available" which im not quite sure what that means? But I never have anyluck doing it that way.

I bet some of you that already have the stilus are sick of hearing us whining all the time about stock haha but ive been without a bike for over 2 weeks now and im itching to get out!

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
Has anyone had any luck ordering an XL recently? I think the last time they added XLs in stock was the 15th(didnt have the funds in my bank;( ) unless im not being notified anymore? I know people say to chack just before 11pm and it says "1 article available" which im not quite sure what that means? But I never have anyluck doing it that way.

I bet some of you that already have the stilus are sick of hearing us whining all the time about stock haha but ive been without a bike for over 2 weeks now and im itching to get out!

This waiting is main reason I got my self Cube stereo hybrid 140 instead of Stilus..

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 11.59.26.png @nasamorpheus

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I had a moan up at Decathlon & now mine is due tomorrow...allegedley. Lucky I didn't do anything silly today like for example, clear an old patio so that I can barely move or anything.

Craig24

Jul 24, 2020
Wigan
Just noticed the Vitus E-Sommet (Deore) is back in stock at Chain Reaction, seems to be the next best value EMTB I've seen.

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
The E-ST900 works perfectly well with the 'magnet taped to the crank arm de-restrictor fix" so watch out for rare earth magnets being bought from Ebay/Amazon! You will suddenly find yourself buying the drinks because you were last!
Yeah already done it bud mrs loved it didn’t stay on long ???

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
The 2.6 e-Wilds arrived this weekend and are now on the Stilus, although I’ve only had a short ride so far. I’ll be able to give a better review/comparison later in the week.

Initial thoughts:
Pro’s:
  • rubber seems stickier than stock Smart Sams with a much more aggressive trend pattern
  • Incredibly quiet given the more aggressive tread pattern. Really impressed in that regard
  • Seems to roll well so far
  • Easy enough to inflate tubeless without a high pressure hose
Cons:
  • Initially hard to physically get the tyre over the edges of the rim to seat. Top Tip for newbies, ensure you squeeze the tyre so it sits in the middle part of the rim where the circumference is at its smallest, then you can get the final part of the tyre bead over the edge of the rim
  • Now this one is interesting and totally unexpected. The rolling circumference of the e-wild is noticeably smaller than the Smart Sam stock tyre. With one wheel running the new tyre and one still on the old, the diameter of the wheel/tyre looked around a couple of centimetres smaller on the e-wild! I’ve never seen this mentioned anywhere before in any of the reviews. Net net the wheel circumference is definitely smaller with the e-wild tyre setup.
  • Related to the above no doubt. On the Smart Sams the engine was slowing its power delivery after 15.5mph and stopping completely at 17mph. With the e-Wilds the motor stops completely at 16mph.
  • Clearly the larger the circumference, the better it rolls hence people’s love of 29’ers so you lose a chunk of this on the e-wilds from my initial view

The reason I brought new tyres is when riding over in Epping Forest where the terrain can be loose, loose over hard pack or muddy I was consistently lacking cornering grip compared to the guys I’m riding with on Magic Mary’s.

I’ll give it a go and see how they ride but maybe as winter comes, will switch the front to a Magic Mary which I believe has the same circumference as the Smart Sam and in effect create a “Baby Mullet” setup (must patent that term ?). This setup of Magic Mary front and e-Wild rear has broken numerous enduro time trial records as reported on this forum earlier so is maybe the way to go.

Once I get back over there I’ll be able to compare the grip of the new e-wilds over the stock Smart Sams...
Hard cornering on loose/muddy is like night and day when comparing Smart Sam's with E-Wilds. I know this because I have done it on both tyres on my Stilus.
Enjoy your next Epping outing @PhilBaker (y) (was not Epping forest, Chiltern Hills;))

Ribbsey

Jun 29, 2020
South Yorkshire
I have an issue with my Bosch battery, the LED's won't light up and when connecting to bike or charger nothing happens either. Tried the 30 second button reset as mentioned in a few places still no joy.
So sent Decathlon an email, they asked me to send a short video of the battery connected to mains & charger which I did but their reply says I now need to return bike, battery and charger to store.

I see I have a Bosch service centre a couple of miles away, does anyone know the procedure for going direct to Bosch or is this something Decathlon have to do?

Edit : Had the bike a couple of weeks now, done 80ish trouble free miles up to this point. Think I'm getting early symptoms of withdrawal :D

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
I have an issue with my Bosch battery, the LED's won't light up and when connecting to bike or charger nothing happens either. Tried the 30 second button reset as mentioned in a few places still no joy.
So sent Decathlon an email, they asked me to send a short video of the battery connected to mains & charger which I did but their reply says I now need to return bike, battery and charger to store.

I see I have a Bosch service centre a couple of miles away, does anyone know the procedure for going direct to Bosch or is this something Decathlon have to do?

Edit : Had the bike a couple of weeks now, done 80ish trouble free miles up to this point. Think I'm getting early symptoms of withdrawal :D
Iknow stupid question but you haven't blow a fuse on plug have you, i got 2 bike 1 came with uk plug adapter the other did not I used an old shaving plug adapter on other and promptly blue the fuse.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles