Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
When I had the E-ST900 I asked the local (Oxford) store how they service the Brose motor and they said they have a deal with a Oxford LBS that deal with that bit for them.
Was thinking similar myself, this would maybe work for some of us.
Probably need to ask at local decathlon shops

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
if you go onto the bosch site, it lets you search for certified shops that service and update, there where 4 close to me, I messaged one and they charge £15 for their time,

I don't necessarily mind paying but for a 10 minutes job, £15 is still a bit strong isn't it?!

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Looking at the Decathlon ebike service it includes software updates. Service costs £50 can’t see a price for just a software update.

Didn't I read somewhere here that the only Decathlon shop in the UK that can do do the update is Croydon?

I think the updates they are referring to on their website might be for their Rockriders only, not sure they all have the Bosch software (and possibly hardware) to do it, hence having to go to Bosch certified shops.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Didn't I read somewhere here that the only Decathlon shop in the UK that can do do the update is Croydon?

I think the updates they are referring to on their website might be for their Rockriders only, not sure they all have the Bosch software (and possibly hardware) to do it, hence having to go to Bosch certified shops.
They must have a deal with local bosch dealers how else could they do fault finding ect.

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
They must have a deal with local bosch dealers how else could they do fault finding ect.

Hopefully so, the guys at the bike shop in my local Decathlon didn't even know the Stilus existed when I asked then about it a couple weeks ago, so really not sure they'd know how to deal with it, or even if they have a local deal with Bosch dealers... Might need to insist a bit with them, hahaha!

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Hopefully so, the guys at the bike shop in my local Decathlon didn't even know the Stilus existed when I asked then about it a couple weeks ago, so really not sure they'd know how to deal with it, or even if they have a local deal with Bosch dealers... Might need to insist a bit with them, hahaha!
Just fired this off to decathlon on messanger let's see if they respond
Just bought a decathlon stilus e bike from your Web site, question is how would I go about updating the bosch motor software to the current version as it comes with a very early version that is plagued with problems, I know the bike comes with the 1st service free but does that include updating software and also as the stores arnt really aware this product even exists and say they don't have equipment to service the motor how are we customers supposed to have any warranty work carried out or service. Cheers alan

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Ive gave up the website is frustrating and the process is annoying....i shall wait for the troops to get theres delivered and tested then may have another gander.
Twice ive got the bike ordered and twice theyve cancelled stating none in stock i used home delivery both times if thats a reason maybe.

Anyways report back what the steed is like keep us updated

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Ive gave up the website is frustrating and the process is annoying....i shall wait for the troops to get theres delivered and tested then may have another gander.
Twice ive got the bike ordered and twice theyve cancelled stating none in stock i used home delivery both times if thats a reason maybe.

Anyways report back what the steed is like keep us updated
Just checked again and now click and collect is available at stores....in Huyton
Hopefully the guys who have ordered ther bike for delivery at shops should now be fine.

Screenshot_20200630-042040.png

NoseDive

Jun 22, 2020
UK
Lots of stores open but no stock ?. Then if they do add a bike in a random size every few days you can’t order it as you get a message “maximum order limit for the day reached”. The process is a diabolical shambles or is it fixed now?

Just checked again and now click and collect is available at stores....in Huyton
Hopefully the guys who have ordered ther bike for delivery at shops should now be fine.

Last edited:

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
L
Lots of stores open but no stock ?. Then if they do add a bike in a random size every few days you can’t order it as you get a message “maximum order limit for the day reached”. The process is a diabolical shambles or is it fixed now?
Looked like it was fixed this morning when I looked. In stock and shops excepting delivery so all sounds well,even home delivery slots early on too

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
As I mentioned before, some decathlon stores can do the sw upgrade as they told me my closest one os croydon.

They do a free ‘check’ and adjust service so maybe I’ll take it there and get them to do the software and their checks.

I get the impression that decathlon will be more of a replace kind of warranty than detailed diagnostics as they don’t have the capability for that with this bike at least...

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Interesting, no money taken from me yet...how did you pay I used PayPal.
I paid by credit card and the transaction disappeared on Monday. Phoned credit card company and they could see that the transaction has been authorised and gave me a code.
I am guessing decathlon will only actually take the money when the bike reaches the U.K. warehouse.

Jonos

Jun 25, 2020
Bracknell
A couple of interesting things I learnt this morning.

It seems not all stores will accept click and collect for this bike. It will not allow me to c+c from another local store but it will allow at the store I placed my original order in.

Also the option to pay by PayPal is only for home delivery, not click and collect orders.

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
I paid by credit card and the transaction disappeared on Monday. Phoned credit card company and they could see that the transaction has been authorised and gave me a code.
I am guessing decathlon will only actually take the money when the bike reaches the U.K. warehouse.

Paid by card as well, although debit card, transaction is pending for the bank, but Decathlon sent me an email to say my payment goes through a screening process, did you guys get that too?

Website says I currently have no order in place...

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
Paid by card as well, although debit card, transaction is pending for the bank, but Decathlon sent me an email to say my payment goes through a screening process, did you guys get that too?

Website says I currently have no order in place...
I would send an email to check- "contact us".

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I also paid by PayPal, and all I have is an order created on Decathlon account., PayPal account just says authorised
Hopefully yours will be ok but thats what happened to me i also used paypay it said processing then i got an email saying created and website said the same then got an email cancelled order none in stock so i wish you luck

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles