Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Comes with peddles.

Tyres upgrade easily to tubeless if you buy tubeless valves and slime BUT you have to stand on the deflated tyres to get them to unseat from the rim to get them off. There videos on it otherwise you won’t be able to get them off. Good news though, is they are so tight on the rims you can pump the. Up with a normal track pump.

You have to mount the handlebars but it comes with some tools so nothing major to adjust.

My previous review shows the upgrades I made.

Congrats and good luck!
I must have got lucky with mine..
After deflating a heavy bit of double thumb pressure and the bead moved into the middle allowing me to do the same all round on both sides.
The problem then came that because the wheel dish in the middle is very shallow it is very very tight with the levers. I pinched the tyre together with left hand, held it up in the air and with my right hand I worked around the tyre pinching it so the whole tyre beads were in the middle of the dish (I am sure there is a better more technical word for where the spokes are) then just used normal plastic tyre levers. A little bit of soapy water would have helped but I didn't use any. With any job like this don't rush it.
Agree with @PhilBaker that pumping up the tubeless is easier because of the wheel design and tightness of the Smart Sams. Needed my booster to seat the E-Wilds.

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Any news? (fingers crossed)
Just emailed back

Screenshot_20200629-124623.png

StilusBoy79

Mar 31, 2020
Uk
It looks like large and xl in stock I was just checking if free services were mentioned on website as I’ve heard they are on youtube

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
There's something wrong with their website, I didn't place any order as it seems a bit random these days, but did simulate one until the last step, the payment one:

You're not supposed to get to the payment step until you've selected a delivery address, which is either your home (not available at the moment) or click and collect in your local Decathlon.

Click and collect is apparently not available in my local Decathlon (Braehead in Glasgow) either, the button is greyed out and when you get the cursor over it it clearly shows you can't select it (red barred cursor), however if you click on that button nonetheless, it does let you go to the next step which is payment, and shows that shop as the delivery address... A bit dodgy that, isn't it?

Edit: couple hours later, seems all good now, Express Click and Collect not available, but the "normal" one is.

Last edited:

MichalZ

Jun 29, 2020
Bedford
I've ordered mine and it seems it's been approved. I did not received any email confirmation, just checked order details on their website.
2020-06-29 14_33_16-Decathlon _ Sports Shoes, Sports Gear & Sports Equipment.png

kriz

Jun 29, 2020
Rochdale, UK
I wonder where we can get the Gen 4 Bosch firmware updates done? Decathlon are not on the list, I don't expect other retailers will do them for free.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I wonder where we can get the Gen 4 Bosch firmware updates done? Decathlon are not on the list, I don't expect other retailers will do them for free.

You think you've got troubles! When I queried the Bosch website on where I could get my Gen 4 software updated, the closest dealer was in France... fine, except I live near Gibraltar... :mad:

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
if you go onto the bosch site, it lets you search for certified shops that service and update, there where 4 close to me, I messaged one and they charge £15 for their time,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles