Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Errr nope

Screenshot_20200626_230749_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Screenshot_20200626_230749_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Yes there is! But... they told me the only store that can update the software is Croydon which is a bit of a trek for me but maybe ok for you ?
How do they do warranty work if no diagnostic equipment, would it invalidate your warranty taking it to another dealer or service center, the earliest version of bosch's software has a known few bug's so they must be getting a few warranty calls already.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
if the bike is purchased online, are you still entitled to a free service?
Decathlon is Decathlon, if you buy on-line or in store. Some products are only available to buy on-line but the support structure & the return structure is all the same.

Mine was purchased on-line as it wasn't available for in-store purchase. But for problems, it was returned to a store. Eventual client dissatisfaction was also done by returning to a store where they also issued a refund.

slimsimmons1984

Jun 18, 2020
Bridgend
Decathlon is Decathlon, if you buy on-line or in store. Some products are only available to buy on-line but the support structure & the return structure is all the same.

Mine was purchased on-line as it wasn't available for in-store purchase. But for problems, it was returned to a store. Eventual client dissatisfaction was also done by returning to a store where they also issued a refund.

was it a stilus you had to return?

I don't have any decathlon stores near me to collect from, however there are plenty of bosch service centres near me including bike park wales,
question is will they charge for applying the new bosch firmware?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No, fear not :) It was one of the early e-st500's .. actually it was two of the early e-st500's ... they had water ingress issues into the crank sensor (now fixed I believe).

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
Why did they cancel it? Did you ask for it to be delivered to a store that don’t accept Click and collect?

No just said be cancelled as none in stock they didnt take payment just seems theres mores steps to actually buying the bike than you would find on the great wall of china

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Ok well my order is still in progress so taking that as good news.
So first questions (of many to come):
Does the bike come with pedals?
Do I need tools to adjust the bike when getting it out the box?
Also thinking of getting a multi tool, tubeless or Tannus Amour, pump and lock so any suggestions on on these without having to spend a fortune would be welcome?

I read through the previous threads as I know some of you have upgraded bike.
Many Thanks in advance.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Ok well my order is still in progress so taking that as good news.
So first questions (of many to come):
Does the bike come with pedals?
Do I need tools to adjust the bike when getting it out the box?
Also thinking of getting a multi tool, tubeless or Tannus Amour, pump and lock so any suggestions on on these without having to spend a fortune would be welcome?

I read through the previous threads as I know some of you have upgraded bike.
Many Thanks in advance.

Comes with peddles.

Tyres upgrade easily to tubeless if you buy tubeless valves and slime BUT you have to stand on the deflated tyres to get them to unseat from the rim to get them off. There videos on it otherwise you won’t be able to get them off. Good news though, is they are so tight on the rims you can pump the. Up with a normal track pump.

You have to mount the handlebars but it comes with some tools so nothing major to adjust.

My previous review shows the upgrades I made.

Congrats and good luck!

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Comes with peddles.

Tyres upgrade easily to tubeless if you buy tubeless valves and slime BUT you have to stand on the deflated tyres to get them to unseat from the rim to get them off. There videos on it otherwise you won’t be able to get them off. Good news though, is they are so tight on the rims you can pump the. Up with a normal track pump.

You have to mount the handlebars but it comes with some tools so nothing major to adjust.

My previous review shows the upgrades I made.

Congrats and good luck!

I live in Scotland but am French, so I always used to have my rear brake lever on the right of the handlebar. What was the brakes configuration when you got yours delivered?

If on the "wrong" side for me, do you know how easy are the hoses to swap on the SRAM Guide brakes (only ever had Shimano in the past)?

Again, it's just in case I get it delivered directly to my home, obviously if I can get the bike delivered in my local Decathlon shop I'll ask them to make sure it's got the brake levers like I need them to be...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I live in Scotland but am French, so I always used to have my rear brake lever on the right of the handlebar. What was the brakes configuration when you got yours delivered?

If on the "wrong" side for me, do you know how easy are the hoses to swap on the SRAM Guide brakes (only ever had Shimano in the past)?

Again, it's just in case I get it delivered directly to my home, obviously if I can get the bike delivered in my local Decathlon shop I'll ask them to make sure it's got the brake levers like I need them to be...
@Gary should be able to advise the easiest and safest (not dot fluid everywhere). He speaks Scottish, French and bike.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
you don't need to remove the hoses at all for swapping over sram levers.
SRAM use the same lever for left or right so you simply have to unbolt the lever bar clamps and swap the levers from one side to the other

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
you don't need to remove the hoses at all for swapping over sram levers.
SRAM use the same lever for left or right so you simply have to unbolt the lever bar clamps and swap the levers from one side to the other

Amazing, and very well thought, will be fairly easy to switch if needed then!

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent

Front brake is on the right, same as my other UK brought bikes but at least you know how easy it is to swap.

Just checked and the SRAM brakes are just as Gary suggested, completely the same on both sides, even the branding! Thanks Gary for the tip, didn’t know that!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just checked and the SRAM brakes are just as Gary suggested, completely the same on both sides, even the branding! Thanks Gary for the tip, didn’t know that!
It's great isn't it .. Everytime I've ridden on the wrong side of the road, I've just unbolted the handlebars and run them cow horn style with push brakes to get them on the right side. ..........

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
No just said be cancelled as none in stock they didnt take payment just seems theres mores steps to actually buying the bike than you would find on the great wall of china
Mine also shows a cancelled item on the Web site but also one item different order number is in process but I only ordered once..... Have to wait till Monday to see what is happening

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles