Covid 19 worries !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
In order to reduce the spread of Covid-19 amongst the elderly, the French government have advised that the over 80's reduce their sexual promiscuity.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I feel for the German big brother contestants who were blissfully unaware UNTIL tomorrow night when they’ll be told live on tv ! Bet they think it’s a windup ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What are you going to do instead Zimmer
Maths ! In France all rules are just for interpretation .. so if I go with 2 40"s or 4 20"s all is ok... Or maybe. 40 and 2 20's ... Uhmm 2 30's and a 20 ? I might have to start a thread for advice on heart rates and pacing.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
So France is being locked down for 15 days, although not quite as strict as Spain as they're allowed to get some exercise.

I think this will be the UK quite soon :confused:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yup, we're allowed out, but not to meet in groups.. Which I think means it's ok for EMTB's to ride with MTB's due to speed disparity - but only if the EMTB is de-restricted - which gets you a €30000 fine and prison, but lets you off the €100 fine for causing death by potentially spreading a lethal virus ..

Na... you've got a long wait .. Boris needs to wait until everyone in the whole world has got so pissed off with him not doing a lockdown, that they need to close their borders to the UK as otherwise they'll be a constant influx of potentially infected people, undermining everything they've been working towards ... then .. and only then .. can King Boris call the country to unite behind him as one against the evil EU who are only blocking them out of spite .. Go Boris Go !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
What constitutes a group? :unsure:

Some of criticism may be justified but it's not as though many other countries are fairing much better...

It's a good question .. but I think they're basically meaning anything where more than one person, meets up with another person - thereby limiting all social interaction as much as possible. I guess if you're a mother and daughter, for instance, out on a ride, then you're not expanding on your existing forced social interaction. If you ride with the neighbours daughter, then that's now out of bounds and will be punished.

I'm not criticising ! It's a concern.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
It's a good question .. but I think they're basically meaning anything where more than one person, meets up with another person - thereby limiting all social interaction as much as possible. I guess if you're a mother and daughter, for instance, out on a ride, then you're not expanding on your existing forced social interaction. If you ride with the neighbours daughter, then that's now out of bounds and will be punished.

Now I'm thinking about a ride with my neighbours daughters :p:giggle:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
With the new measures in the UK being advised what will happy to live tv production like the nation’s favourite SATURDAY NIGHT TAKEAWAY and the not live but only by a few days (get out ma pub) EASTENDERS !

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
90287329_10221232609100738_3077302157293125632_n.jpg

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
The issue is not that the President of the US wants access to the drug for the population.

It's that a businessman wants a world exclusive on it.

As for democracy, Hilary got more votes, Trump won because it's a flawed voting system. Same here, the system translated a 44% Tory vote into a 60% Parliamentary majority. Democracy my ****.
Yet another case of having absolutely no clue. If you are going to comment on American politics, at least do a little research.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Just to highlight a scientific fact, if you exercise for 1 hour at 70% of your body capacity you will reduce the power of your immune Defence to a 1/5 in extreme cases. If you exercise daily it can take up to 5 days before the immune system is back up to full power. I’m not saying this to keep people off the bike but for those that are in the high risk group not to make it even more risky.

stay safe!!

Karsten

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil

And if caught, shall these groups remain isolated in tents for a quarentine.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I went for a nice 20KM ride last night on the local trails, and apart from a few people mostly exercising the dog, there were very few people to get in my way!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just to highlight a scientific fact, if you exercise for 1 hour at 70% of your body capacity you will reduce the power of your immune Defence to a 1/5 in extreme cases. If you exercise daily it can take up to 5 days before the immune system is back up to full power. I’m not saying this to keep people off the bike but for those that are in the high risk group not to make it even more risky.

stay safe!!

Karsten
Interesting. Probably why after 5-6 days in a row of riding (falling off) that I feel like I'm coming down with something.

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
Pure media generated hysteria, if a handful of old unwell people died of pneumonia over a couple of weeks without every news outlet known to man claiming its the zombie apocalypse no one would give a toss, give a new strain of cold a sinister sounding name and the whole world comes to a halt, it's pure madness.
It would be interesting to see what the figures for people dying from pneumonia are when its not blamed on a cold with a scary name.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Pure media generated hysteria, if a handful of old unwell people died of pneumonia over a couple of weeks without every news outlet known to man claiming its the zombie apocalypse no one would give a toss, give a new strain of cold a sinister sounding name and the whole world comes to a halt, it's pure madness.
It would be interesting to see what the figures for people dying from pneumonia are when its not blamed on a cold with a scary name.
Well, to start, there is no vaccine against COVID-19, or even any treatment thats been shown to be effective. Pneumonia on the other hand, whilst potentially fatal, has vaccines. This is a big difference in COVID and other disease.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark

Sorry but it does not seem that you understand what is going on right now at all but let me educate you a bit!

Covid-19 is not dangerous for 99% of the world population that is absolutely correct, however what is extremely dangerous is when TOO MANY get the virus at the same time. It is a fact that 5-10% of those getting infected need respiratory care in a hospital, if they get that they will get on just fine - If they don't get it they might die...... In my country(Denmark) we have about 860 respirators available, yesterday 28 people was respiratory supported and today the number is 62. You can do the math yourself and what happens when patient number 861 arrives with intensive care need....Someone is going to die!!

Denmark have one of the best equipped healthcare systems in the world and what we are desperately trying do is to keep the flow of patients below that 860 number in order not having to take very very nasty decisions at the hospital who should live and who should ultimately die.....

What is happening in Italy is just what I described above, too many in need of intensive care at the same time and suddenly the death toll skyrocket - I feel sad just writhing this :(

What if it is your mum or dad in need of incentive care in 2 months time......?

Karsten

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
It's not just the lack of a vaccine, the more people that require hospital treatment puts a strain on the health service, resulting in some people not getting the correct treatment.

Look at Italy to see what can happen, and their health service is better than the UK's.

It's all very well dismissing it, until someone you care about is affected.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles