commencal 2021

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Perfect! Killer spec and look. Only thing I would change are the white decals. Black would do better. Also on the website the Zeb's decals on the Race are white and the chain is silver. Pitty there's no Meta SX priced between the Ride and Race and on better components than SRAM SX and Guide RE + some cheaper coil. 5699€ for such a machine and it will be mine. Race too expensive, Ride requires too much upgrades.
Thanks! I looked into new decals to cover the white ones but nobody makes them yet... Perhaps a project further down the line. I swapped out the Zeb decals for gold from SLIKgraphics and the chain was upgraded to a gold Sram xx1. Gold pins on the DMR vaults and gold collars on the deathgrips. As i said, must've added about 20hp with the upgrades ? ??

Motofinne

Nov 18, 2020
Finland
Have to agree, just don't see the point of this bike. The geo isn't bad and I'm sure it rips, but your not saving any weight at all, just sacrificing suspension travel for what?? I guess it's basically in line with the Levo and other manufactures that have a more 'trail' oriented E bike. But without the weight savings, just not worth it in my opinion. Especially with the Levo SL and the Orbea Rise. No contest. It's still going to be a heavy big beast that's still going to plow but with less travel. A miss in my opinion. Should have come out with a smaller battery, even mullet, shave off at least 10 - 12lbs, then we be talking. As is, no point at all. Same weight basically as it's bigger counter part. So why??

I agree 100%. For me, there are two EMTB styles that are interesting going in to 2021. Big enduro bikes 170-180mm travel or the Levo SL/Orbea Rise style truly light weight trail bikes. The bikes in-between these doesn't make sense to me anymore.

Last edited:

rafaellop

Dec 8, 2020
Poland
As i said, must've added about 20hp with the upgrades ? ??

Or at least 10mm to the travel, 0.5 degree to the HTA or 1 pound less weight ;-)) Great bike. I'll probably end up on the SX Ride model and upgrade further in the future step by step.

Have you compared the real weight to the advertised?

mastercut

Jun 15, 2020
Italy
hello someone had problem mount hope v4 brakes on rear meta power ? seam that 220 rotor cannot be mount on this frame
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

seams the only solution is to mount a 200mm rotor witha a +40 adpter.. any suggestion?

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
I got on my bike the 220 Magura MDR-P discs with Shimano Saint brakes. But my Team version came with 220 SRAM discs. So it should fit. If you need any pics of the clearance, please do let me know buddy (y)

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
Looks like the caliper width is the issue. Perhaps V4's just won't fit. Smaller rotor looks like it might move the caliper closer in where clearance is a smidge wider.

robat

Nov 12, 2020
Germany
You also should be aware, that commencal uses a special 20mm adapter (the speed sensor is mount to it). You can buy it on their website.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Hmmm, that brake adapter mounted speed sensor is interesting - I'm wondering if I could use it on my orbea wild fs to move the speed sensor away from being spoke mounted to being brake disc mounted for a slightly cleaner look.

I've just checked the commencal website and you can buy the adapter with the built in speed sensor mount point for 35 euro - I wonder if there's enough space on my frame for it.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
can anyone with one of the brake adapters with built in mount for the speed sensor, tell me the following:-

1. What size brake rotor you have (200mm or 220mm)
2. The length of the bit that sticks out underneath the adapter that the speed sensor mounts to - the dimension marked by the red arrow below- need to check whether it will fit.

adapter.jpg

shenchman

Aug 22, 2020
California
heads up, check your actual oem installed dropper post length vs spec: i just discovered my size L meta power 29 signature came with a 150mm dropper installed when it should have been a 175mm!

PXL_20201217_073239276.jpg

Screenshot_20201216-233740_1.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There is a shortage of parts worldwide which is holding up assembly of many bikes - we are seeing quite a few bikes from various brands coming with slightly different components than advertised as brands are having to fit what they can get hold of to get the bikes out to customers

mastercut

Jun 15, 2020
Italy
HOPE V4 CALIPER ASSEMBLY SOLUTION :

The only solulion is to buy the
200 MM REAR BRAKE HANGER META POWER V2 (Code: W20MPWBRAKEH200)
a Hope Floating Rotor 203mm
and everything works

220mm rotor CANNOT mount with Hope V4 Caliper

waiting for this combo kit
FENIX + ZEB SC4 CARTRIDGE

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
has anyone figured out a work around/hack for the stupid 20mph limiter? (besides the one shenchman tried) Really annoying...

shenchman

Aug 22, 2020
California
The answer for the "droppergate" mystery: it depends when you ordered the bike

View attachment 47842
i'm quite sure the spec was listed as 175mm on the size L signature at least when i ordered it 8/31/2020; this link with the original signature color scheme & specs has been static since august as far as i know:

JW9

Sep 5, 2020
UK
i'm quite sure the spec was listed as 175mm on the size L signature at least when i ordered it 8/31/2020; this link with the original signature color scheme & specs has been static since august as far as i know:
I just checked mine, it’s a 150mm.
The L and XL Signature were and still are listed as 175mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles