Bafang m510

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
DPC245 is great, just still dont understand that bar on right. What it shows.

With GO app you wont see much. ;)) Maybe in near future - power parametrs setup for M510, M560, M820

PLM

Jun 20, 2023
Graceland
DPC245 is gorgeous, it´s the color display that BAFANG was missing, awesome design, very clean and slick, sits flush to my handlebar like a dream.

On the flip side, it seems that Bluetooth on DPC245 is useless, I was able to connect to Bafang GO +, however it doesn´t do much, maybe I’m seeing this wrong? Maybe and possibly an opportunity for someone to create an interface? wishful thinking maybe.

Cheers
Bluetooth works if you have HW3.0 on DPC245. See a couple posts back. Working great on DPC245 with M510 FC2.0

Timmy65

Feb 22, 2021
Netherlands
Hello, does somebody got the Besst pro for Mac working on M1 Mac? Bafang software for Mac seems to be corrupt..
installed parallels desktop with windows 11 (trail version). got normal besst working:)

Last edited:

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Hello my friends,

Today my motor arrived M510 FC2.0.
I installed it and did a short ride. It seems to be the best motor from Bafang so far.
Feel smoother and more natural.
No ON / Off.
I was hesitant to buy a new motor at first, but it's worth upgrading.

But when rotating the pedals in the opposite direction of riding, I feel that there is a slight resistance, that was not present in the previous version of the motor.
20230719_170732.jpg

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Gents has anyone caught Error 27 on their motor? My hmi told me that there is
"27 Overcurrent from controller
Use the BESST program to update the controller. If
problem persists, please replace the controller or
contact your supplier."
It was pretty hot today (36 grad Celsius), I had a 35 minutes climb on the middle support.
any ideas why this happened? Thank you very much!

mikenet

Sep 12, 2022
roma
hi everyone, I need your help, I'm on holiday in the Dolomites (Italy) and unfortunately after a heavy downpour, my E10 ebike with M510 started giving problems. 100 meters from home, the engine turned off, then turned on again but with continuous cut-on-offs. The next day I tried to go for a ride but the engine kept making these cuts and was undriveable. Now the display signals err 12. I tried to use another display (DZ41) same problem, I tried to update the firmware going from 3.0 to 3.2, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the various cables on the display side and on the motor side, nothing. When err 12 is not signaled, even with pas 5 the engine does not work and as if it weren't there. Furthermore, sometimes even in the absence of err 12, the display suddenly switches off. I think it's a controller problem. What do you think?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
hi everyone, I need your help, I'm on holiday in the Dolomites (Italy) and unfortunately after a heavy downpour, my E10 ebike with M510 started giving problems. 100 meters from home, the engine turned off, then turned on again but with continuous cut-on-offs. The next day I tried to go for a ride but the engine kept making these cuts and was undriveable. Now the display signals err 12. I tried to use another display (DZ41) same problem, I tried to update the firmware going from 3.0 to 3.2, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the various cables on the display side and on the motor side, nothing. When err 12 is not signaled, even with pas 5 the engine does not work and as if it weren't there. Furthermore, sometimes even in the absence of err 12, the display suddenly switches off. I think it's a controller problem. What do you think?
12 Error with the current sensor in
the controller Please change the controller or contact your supp. it seems to be controller

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Gents has anyone caught Error 27 on their motor? My hmi told me that there is
"27 Overcurrent from controller
Use the BESST program to update the controller. If
problem persists, please replace the controller or
contact your supplier."
It was pretty hot today (36 grad Celsius), I had a 35 minutes climb on the middle support.
any ideas why this happened? Thank you very much!
yes i had this error last week, the motor shut off several time. I have remove the battery on/off switch and weld the 2 wire directly inside the battery (dengfu E10 battery), i have see that contacts on battery suport was failed. no problem this week

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
yes i had this error last week, the motor shut off several time. I have remove the battery on/off switch and weld the 2 wire directly inside the battery (dengfu E10 battery), i have see that contacts on battery suport was failed. no problem this week
I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you did. Could you explain it to me in more detail? Thank you!
I had several reboots during a ride today. The HMI restarts but the engine gives support in eco mode. It looks strange.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Guys. May be that could be interesting for someone. I have FC1 last revision and you know that only 2 FW we can have for this motor. 3.5 and 3.6. All of these 2 FW have a delay between crank stop and motor assist stop. Also and I have this problem when got my warranty motor. After 3.6 I flashed my motor to 3.5 and rode some times also having big delay( but less then 3.6) My friend suggested me to decrease distance between magnet and speed sensor (before that, sometimes I would get weird speed numbers on the HMI, especially after a stop.). I use one washer for speed sensor and changed position of magned on a spoke. Now the magned is parallel to sensor. Also i reflash the motor on 3.6 and i don't know how it possible the delay is noticeably less. Moreover, the more powerful the mode, the less delay.
You can check it on my video. It seems like a satisfactory delay to me.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Guys. May be that could be interesting for someone. I have FC1 last revision and you know that only 2 FW we can have for this motor. 3.5 and 3.6. All of these 2 FW have a delay between crank stop and motor assist stop. Also and I have this problem when got my warranty motor. After 3.6 I flashed my motor to 3.5 and rode some times also having big delay( but less then 3.6) My friend suggested me to decrease distance between magnet and speed sensor (before that, sometimes I would get weird speed numbers on the HMI, especially after a stop.). I use one washer for speed sensor and changed position of magned on a spoke. Now the magned is parallel to sensor. Also i reflash the motor on 3.6 and i don't know how it possible the delay is noticeably less. Moreover, the more powerful the mode, the less delay.
You can check it on my video. It seems like a satisfactory delay to me.

For M510 FC1.0 you have 2 firmware whithout delay between crank armq stop and motor stop: 3.2 and 3.1-CS

About "err 27", on mine bike. dengfu E10 with dengfu battery, i have one switch on button for the battery on frame, this button is connected to the battery throug the 2 little pins on the lower battery suport. Several other guys had problem with this switch. To solve it, we have canceled this switch, by welding togetherer the 2 thin cables from this switch inside the battery

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
For M510 FC1.0 you have 2 firmware whithout delay between crank armq stop and motor stop: 3.2 and 3.1-CS

If you have the latest revision of FC1 (my motor was with preinstall 3.6), you will not be able to flash 3.2 and 3.1-cs. Also in 3.2 there is a useless walkmode.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
About "err 27", on mine bike. dengfu E10 with dengfu battery, i have one switch on button for the battery on frame, this button is connected to the battery throug the 2 little pins on the lower battery suport. Several other guys had problem with this switch. To solve it, we have canceled this switch, by welding togetherer the 2 thin cables from this switch inside the battery

I also have a dengfu frame with a dengfu battery.
I remember 2 wires with a yellow connector for the battery switch.
I have a strange display reboot when the motor is still running. Looks like a wiring issue, the first reboot I remember yesterday happened after bunnyhop over a tree.
What kind of problems other guys had with this switch?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I also have a dengfu frame with a dengfu battery.
I remember 2 wires with a yellow connector for the battery switch.
I have a strange display reboot when the motor is still running. Looks like a wiring issue, the first reboot I remember yesterday happened after bunnyhop over a tree.
What kind of problems other guys had with this switch?
I don't speak about the battery connector to the motor (yellow) , i speak about the little switch on the side of the frame. it is wired to the battery through the 2 contacts flaged "button" on the pic, and with vibrating on mine the contacts from battery side was damaged. the solution will be canceling on.off battery switch by perform pemanent contact inside the battery
1690189644135.png

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
I don't speak about the battery connector to the motor (yellow) , i speak about the little switch on the side of the frame. it is wired to the battery through the 2 contacts flaged "button" on the pic, and with vibrating on mine the contacts from battery side was damaged. the solution will be canceling on.off battery switch by perform pemanent contact inside the battery
View attachment 120942
HM. Mine look good. What are those buttons for? What is the treatment? Sorry for the silly questions.

photo_2023-07-24_13-46-11.jpg photo_2023-07-24_13-46-06.jpg 123.jpg

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
HM. Mine look good. What are those buttons for? What is the treatment? Sorry for the silly questions.
Yes, yours look good, mine haved black color. May be you have another problem ? for me the shunt of switch have solved the problem for my second ride
View attachment 120945 View attachment 120946
No, useless to remove this screw. necessary to remove the four other visible screws (one under your finger) who scel the battery lower end. And weld together the 2 thin cables behind the pins
View attachment 120947

Timmy65

Feb 22, 2021
Netherlands
alike the other, only the M500/600 (M16) is available for ordering ?

i have found finally. thank's. expensive but i don't find other.
I have lost my M510 cranckbolt also one time on the left side, even when it was secured with bleu locktite. the new one I lost almost again.
Now I secure the left side with green locktite, and it holds. still can screw it loose when needed.

Timmy65

Feb 22, 2021
Netherlands
View attachment 120942
Is it not a problem if the battery is always "on", if you connect the wires inside?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
I have lost my M510 cranckbolt also one time on the left side, even when it was secured with bleu locktite. the new one I lost almost again.
Now I secure the left side with green locktite, and it holds. still can screw it loose when needed.
Have you checked the torque of the two crank bolts? The bolt in your picture is only needed to properly position the crank on the shaft. The general rule when using locktite is that all surfaces must be degreased, cleaned and dried before application.

Timmy65

Feb 22, 2021
Netherlands
Have you checked the torque of the two crank bolts? The bolt in your picture is only needed to properly position the crank on the shaft. The general rule when using locktite is that all surfaces must be degreased, cleaned and dried before application.
Yess, at first I used the good torque . but they came loose. and the cranckarm was shifting to the outside even when it was good secured.and it was degreased ...My M500 motor had the same issue, but less than the M510.

Last edited:

raggertje

Jan 24, 2023
The Netherlands
Does anyone know if the newer FC2.0 controller version of the M510 48V will work with a 52V battery? My FC1.0 works without any problems with a 52V battery, but I'm still not happy with the 'on-off' feel of the power delivery, which the FC2.0 reportedly has solved.
Also is there a 52V firmware for the FC2.0 that would show the correct battery % on the display like the FC1.0 firmware version I'm currently using ref:- CRX10NC4814i101003.2-28-2230-boot3.0-20220523131321.bin
I also think to use a 510 V2 with a 52V battery. Is that going to work @Sheff73 or someone else?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles