Kenevo Gen1 Official 2020 Kenevo Owners Thread

Henrik

Oct 25, 2022
Germany
In my opinion you still can’t beat the Kenevo.

True

IMG_4671.jpeg

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Just wondering, You guys ever ride dirt bikes? They have a completely different feel through tech trails, there are a couple reasons. Aside from the power ,One is the extra weight, the other is the wheels and tires. I just put together some 27.5 plus wheels and tires, after a couple rides, I think you guys might want to try it. 2.8 Michelins on 40 mm iw rims fit fine. Sub 20 psi and some liners and the bike is unstoppable up and down.
I think I agree with this post more than any other in this thread.

I ride motorcross bikes off-road through the Rocky Mountains, and yes, they are rocky! My motorcross bike has full Factory Connection suspension and it is absolutely unbelievable. I could probably hit a fire hydrant at 35 MPH and hardly notice. I have been searching for this same level of suspension performance, handling, and traction with my 22 Kenevo since I bought it.

For me the solution was the Boxxer 38mm fork with Avalanche dual hybrid coil spring and 27.5 X 2.8 plus tires. This fork smashes through everything with 0 arm pump or hand fatigue and the tires have infinite traction and maintain contact with the trail even when the bike is smashing sideways through rocks and wet tree roots on high speed, off-camber turns. The low tire pressure, wide contact patch, and large side wall conform to the trail and loose rocks perfectly. The high-speed stability is 100%. The cornering, handling and traction are 100%. Just mind blowing. This bike now surfs down the trail auto correcting every mistake and absorbing tree stumps, rocks, and unattended pets without missing a beat.

I have never been even more than 50% satisfied with MTB suspension until now!

Now, I admit, I have 0 experience with 29" wheels / tires. My mind just can't fathom that those skinny little 29er tires will work well on rocks and roots under high cornering loads. I can see that they would climb better and roll better, but no way will I risk changing the perfect configuration that I have now to see what I think about the larger wheels. Great forks and great big tires change everything.

IMG_E5041.JPG
IMG_E5042.JPG

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles