YT MX Core 5

Maurice

Aug 26, 2024
Denver
Hello all,

I am considering a YT Decoy MX Core 5 and was wondering if anyone has the new model.

1) It has the EP801 with the 12 speed cassette and 12 speed DI2. I was wondering roughly how much you have spent to add auto shift.
From what I have read I would need a new 11 speed cassette and derailleur, and a shop would have to modify the software. Anything else needed?
2) Also, interesting how much of a difference in cost for the battery. Roughly $1300.00 as opposed to $300 for a Canyon 900W.
3) I like the rest of the specs brakes and suspension. Don't have any experience with their dropper I usually upgrade to a Oneup to get the additional travel.

For those who have the bike what type of issues have you encountered if any?

Cheers
Maurice

Type1

Sep 6, 2022
Uk
I have the previous Core 4 model (same geo but smaller battery & EP8) and love the bike.

Touchwood, no issues and any tech question's I've had YT have been very responsive.

I believe the standard dropper is a rebranded SDG.

Maurice

Aug 26, 2024
Denver
Thanks Rich. My research indicates that there is free shift and auto shift. The YT comes with free shift (bike shifts without peddling as your speed decreases). There is also an auto shift which shifts while climbing and I read that to get auto shift you have to change to the 11-speed cassette and the 11 speed DI2 derailleur and update the firmware.

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
to be honest, I'venot got a YT but my interaction with the Ep801 motor is in a Canyon Torque:On (with Sram transmission) so havn't looked too deeply into the di2 shifting - what I have seen is from playing with a laptop / Shimano SM-PCE02 PC interface (y)

for the record, I feel the Ep801 is slightly better than the Bosch motor I have on my Rail, especially now I have diagnostic capabilities:cool:

Rich.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles