What did you buy your ebike this week?

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Rear wheel - Hope pro5 fortus 30 29er. Via Wiggle from their January sale for £171
I previously got a front pro5 fortus 30 for £130 during black Friday, so £300 for a pair of 29er pro5 fortus 30's is a bloody bargain :D

Only downside is the rear is 142mm, and ill still need the 142-148mm conversion kit(HUB259) but for 170 quid im not complaining.

Sorry, all sold out now. But nice bargains like that do have a habit of coming back so keep looking.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_7019.jpeg

Got these from Evans for £45 in their sale. Not my first choice of colour… but for £45 it seemed too good a deal to miss out on.

Won’t notice the colour when they’re caked in dirt 😂

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I would like to say that I needed a new helmet after reading about the new style of removable chin guards so I simply had to add it to my collection. I mostly wear the Smith skid lid and the Fox Proframe these days but the Troy Lee Carbon helmets have been my go to full face ones for Bike Park riding.

Bell.JPG

helmets.JPG

Then again, I have kept up my New Year's Resolution by going to the gym for the past 20 days so it was time for a treat....

20240120_142436.jpg

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
@irie & @Nicho
🙂 Guys, there is a serious reason for buying the smoke detector that should not be under estimated for home (and mobile homes / camping cars that burn faster than you can go downhill a cliff). 😉

Thread 'Spontaneous E-Bike Fire on Toronto subway (New Year's Eve 2023)'
Spontaneous E-Bike Fire on Toronto subway (New Year's Eve 2023)
About a month ago, smoke detector for my Bosch battery:

View attachment 132768

You will look a bit silly riding around with that strapped to your handlebars!

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
@irie & @Nicho
🙂 Guys, there is a serious reason for buying the smoke detector that should not be under estimated for home (and mobile homes / camping cars that burn faster than you can go downhill a cliff). 😉

Of course there are "serious reasons" for installing smoke detectors, you have evidently missed the humour in several of the posts (including mine - we do indeed have smoke and CO2 detectors installed throughout our house).

You might find this of interest - just one of many on the Internet.

hth

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I would like to say that I needed a new helmet after reading about the new style of removable chin guards so I simply had to add it to my collection. I mostly wear the Smith skid lid and the Fox Proframe these days but the Troy Lee Carbon helmets have been my go to full face ones for Bike Park riding.

View attachment 132880

View attachment 132881

Then again, I have kept up my New Year's Resolution by going to the gym for the past 20 days so it was time for a treat....

View attachment 132882
I wish Häagen.Daas would start making full-face helmets.

And that’s some good stacking skills right there 👍🏻👍🏻.

Carbon eh? Hmmm

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I wish Häagen.Daas would start making full-face helmets.

And that’s some good stacking skills right there 👍🏻👍🏻.

Carbon eh? Hmmm
Häagen Daas helmets would be super expensive!
I would guess that TLD carbon helmets are the most popular at Whistler. They are quite light, strong but expensive and the ones I have are older so they are pre MIPS tech.

Ridenfool

Oct 18, 2021
Tejas
Treated the Turbo Levo to:
  • Cane Creek Helm MkII fork and fender
  • WTB HTZ-I30 front wheel,
  • A new 2022 Fox Factory Float X2 shock (immediately sent to Fox for the upgrade swap to a 2024 model).
  • Specialized Turbo Connect Display.

Found them all at ridiculous sale pricing. Feel like I may be arrested for it. Gotta go...

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Rear wheel - Hope pro5 fortus 30 29er. Via Wiggle from their January sale for £171
I previously got a front pro5 fortus 30 for £130 during black Friday, so £300 for a pair of 29er pro5 fortus 30's is a bloody bargain :D

Only downside is the rear is 142mm, and ill still need the 142-148mm conversion kit(HUB259) but for 170 quid im not complaining.

Sorry, all sold out now. But nice bargains like that do have a habit of coming back so keep looking.
Anyone any info on turning one of these to 148mm ?. The hope kit wont work, so it either gets returned to wiggle - a complete faff, or I find an aftermarket kit to make it fit 148mm boost.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_7131.jpeg

I ordered this Silky saw in December, and it’s just turned up today - all the way from Japan! Folded, it fits perfectly in my backpack… and doesn’t weigh very much either.

A couple of the guys at work were mocking it when it arrived… and one actually went out to the woods and came back with about an 8” branch section and asked me to cut through it.

It went through it like butter, and he was clearly shocked. I was actually surprised at how good it was too!

Those fallen trees on one of my regular routes will hopefully be getting butchered and moved out of the way next time I’m out there 🌲🪚

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
View attachment 133171

I ordered this Silky saw in December, and it’s just turned up today - all the way from Japan! Folded, it fits perfectly in my backpack… and doesn’t weigh very much either.

A couple of the guys at work were mocking it when it arrived… and one actually went out to the woods and came back with about an 8” branch section and asked me to cut through it.

It went through it like butter, and he was clearly shocked. I was actually surprised at how good it was too!

Those fallen trees on one of my regular routes will hopefully be getting butchered and moved out of the way next time I’m out there 🌲🪚
You can buy them in this country:
They also sell spare blades.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
You can buy them in this country:
They also sell spare blades.
£95 on there… or £25 from Japan 🤷🏼‍♂️

I was looking at my bank statement a minute ago, and I actually ordered it on the 1st January - not in December. 25 days to get here… but worth it for the cost difference!!

Ridenfool

Oct 18, 2021
Tejas
The Silky brand are excellent saws. I've had one for a couple of years and haven't destroyed it yet!

I found mine on Amazon, over here in the colonies.

Last edited:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
@p3eps Please, have you a direct link for Japan order ?

🍻

It’s gone up a bit (now £32), but still much cheaper than the UK.
I got a 10% off coupon code too, and was £12 shipping.

gregchainring

Jan 26, 2024
New Zealand
Hi everyone, I'm a newbe so this is my first forum post. For me my week has been a month of Xmas presents for my Levo. This includes a new battery for my regular long haul rides and I'm also in the process of getting hold of a Burley tailer which hasn't been easy in a small island in the southern ocean called New Zealand. I'm told its on the way, but waiting sucks. Ordered the 3" wheels from Pushys in Australia which has been quite a story. I do have the rack and wheel guard's. My Levo was also gifted the Aeroe carrier system this past month, so I have a happy chappy ebike at the mo. 😎

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Hi everyone, I'm a newbe so this is my first forum post. For me my week has been a month of Xmas presents for my Levo. This includes a new battery for my regular long haul rides and I'm also in the process of getting hold of a Burley tailer which hasn't been easy in a small island in the southern ocean called New Zealand. I'm told its on the way, but waiting sucks. Ordered the 3" wheels from Pushys in Australia which has been quite a story. I do have the rack and wheel guard's. My Levo was also gifted the Aeroe carrier system this past month, so I have a happy chappy ebike at the mo. 😎
POIDH ;)

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Postie just delivered my new headset bearings, removal and fitting tools on order via eBay and BearingProTools 🥰 and the bearings came from Rush Cycles, I’m not being sponsored but they are awesome, order placed on Thursday, in the post Friday and on my doormat this morning, ask for Colin, he’s an absolute gentleman 👍

C602D64B-4A43-4F6A-A9EC-61B32886BB0A.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles