Vitus E-Mythique LT Enduro EMTB - Bargain of the year

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I hope you're as outspoken when you see anyone with an iPhone.
Or a Samsung/any other android phone.

However if it carries the name of a Chinese Brand, that's bad. But if it doesn't you'll buy it ?
Pretty much, yes.
Buying a known brand includes the possibility of at least cursory quality control because the brand employs their own QC team. Buying a Chinese brand sometimes includes the possibility of actually getting what you are expecting.
Cool story bro time; I used to be a buyer, dealing with companies in Taiwan and mainland China. If we ordered a sample from Taiwan it usually indicted the quality of the finished product. If we ordered a sample from China it wasn't unusual for the finished product to bear no resemblance to the sample, on one occasion not even looking like it!

Sgarth42

Oct 13, 2021
York
You would be hard pressed these days to not have or use anything in everyday life, yet alone emtb's that doesn't contain componets originating from China, so although a valid point about the regeim, it's a rather pointless argument as a reason to not buy the bike.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Keep telling yourself that, I am old enough know better. China is a country of slaves, the government can snatch anyone anywhere and put them in jail at anytime. I was there 10 years ago working for a manufacturing company when we were getting some sub assembly’s made in China. I worked closely with several factories and saw more than enough to understand how things are done there. Things have only gotten worse since I was there.

I have never travelled to China for business, but have travelled to Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore for business. I have heard many descriptions of working and social conditions, and there has been much on our (UK) media.

But you have evidently missed the point. Which is that it is not always the case.

For 30 years I also travelled extensively to the US on business but I do not want to comment on working and social conditions in the US for fear of starting a flame war.

Last edited:

Sgarth42

Oct 13, 2021
York
Interesting points being made about QA etc for motors originating/manufactured in China. From my personal experience with ebikes. I have converted 2 x mtb's with Tongsheng TSDZ2 motors with Chinese batteries and had over 2K trouble free miles on the two original ones and still going strong after 3years. My Bosch powered Trek Rail purchased Feb this year had the motor replaced after just 250mls.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Still waiting for mine ....

Here's a facebook one, getting out of the box upgrades :

1692560736566.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Had a call from a delivery man about an hour ago...

Xmas is here .. Unboxing ....

1692785250397.png
1692785287458.png

Well Protected
1692785316194.png
1692785330821.png
Mini tool set.
1692785349212.png
Microshift.... fingers crossed ! It has a clutch !
1692785366486.png
They're not amazing, but supplied with better pedals than anything else I've ever bought.
1692785384225.png

Paint finish is EXCELLENT !
1692785400828.png

Welding is actually good !
1692785422533.png

Even comes with the Suntour bolt on mudguard

First Impression : Surprise !

For a "cheaper" bike, the finish and feel all seem excellent, on par with the other bikes - nothing about it feels cheap. If anything, it feels like a wake up call for other brands.

Comes with tubeless valves, dorkdisk (not attached !!), enough reflectors to ward of vampires.

Bikester seem to have set everything up really well, brake levers, droppers all feel in the right place straight out of the box.

The motor appears smaller looking and more discrete than the Brose or the Bosch Gen4.

It's Nice !!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
After a thorough (skipping of) the bolt check ..

A quick 3k round the garden out of curiosity !

Out of the box, zero brakes (Tektro :eek: ). Bedding in took more than I'd normally expect. They're now usable but feel like they're still improving.

The microshift shifts smoothly, as smoothly as my XT's. The lever isn't as tactile and it feels a bit squidgy plasticy.

Dropper works great.

Levers aren't positioned exactly as I'd like them, so that doesn't help.

There's a slight rattle from somewhere, so hopefully I'll find that on the bolt check.

Cranks spin freely backwards, though maybe not as freely as a Brose. The free pedals are a bit tight when turning by hand. I took the covers off and lubed them, so we'll see.

The motor is eager !!!!

E is a bit like Bosch Eco, but a bit more.

E+ is like Bosch Tour - but more !

T is a bit more like EMTB support level wise, but doesn't feel like it quite ramps up the same way - so it's less effort than EMTB I'd say from those few minutes.

B is a bit like boost/turbo.

R I couldn't really feel any difference to B in that short ride.

The torque sensor seems pretty good. If you're in B (boost) and making a u-turn it doesn't suddenly fly off on you when you pedal lightly.

Noise wise, slightly louder whine than the Gen4 Bosch. Maybe .. Need to ride them all back to back.

Saddle - surprisingly comfortable, actually looks and feels very similar to my Spesh saddles.

Suspension - dunno. I turned down compression damping but haven't set sag or anything. So none of this is really relevant.

Display is nice, clear in bright sun. Controller buttons feel good, fairly similar to the Spesh one but not quite as tactile. The display displays lots of useful rubbish ... Used 6% in 3k ish. But I was stop start constantly and only going up and down and using all modes.

Pressing the "light" button theoretically turns the lights on, but it also dims the display, it also seems to auto dim when there's less light.

I have read that the battery display is not very accurate !! So need to test that.

1692788346881.png
1692788358681.png
1692788369870.png
1692788379956.png
1692788392281.png
1692788405420.png

Just plugged it into charge - though nothing's happened - I'd imagine it would show on the display ???

Edit : Turned it on and it's gone up 2% .. so it's charging ... it's just in Stealth charging mode ..

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So bikester honoured the 30% off and you got all the above for €2.6k?
Yup !!!!!! I didn't think they would, but they did. As others have said, I think it was accidentally listed as a Mythique and got the same discount that first day ! :cool:

Updates ..

It's supposed to have the DPC244 Display, but has the DPC245 Display (bluetooth) - so you could use it with various devices. Mine's V2.0 so Bluetooth 5.0 not a V3.0 (5.1 - so the bafang Go+ app won't work with it).

One up pump fits the E-Mythique, Fidlock doesn't :

1692794191042.png

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Still waiting for mine ....

Here's a facebook one, getting out of the box upgrades :

View attachment 122983
Pics like this just make me lol. I can completely understand buying a bike with “cut rate” parts and upgrading with parts you already have on hand on on another bike. Buying a bike made for a low price point and then dumping a couple grand parts into it is just silly. Just get the bike built for the price point.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Zim, are you upgrading this one or staying a cheap bastard? I remember you made a thing of not doing over the Jam, which incidentally, I can offer you 300 Euro to take off your hot little hands. 😜

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Pics like this just make me lol. I can completely understand buying a bike with “cut rate” parts and upgrading with parts you already have on hand on on another bike. Buying a bike made for a low price point and then dumping a couple grand parts into it is just silly. Just get the bike built for the price point.
I think a lot of people have some very specific parts they like and invariably it's impossible to find an out of the box bike built up like that. You might find a friendly bikeshop who'll do you a "special" and sell of the unwanted parts, but if not, it's often cheaper/more sensible to buy the base model - like a Levo or Kenevo for example and build it up with the parts you want.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Zim, are you upgrading this one or staying a cheap bastard? I remember you made a thing of not doing over the Jam, which incidentally, I can offer you 300 Euro to take off your hot little hands. 😜
Good question !!!

Initially it's staying totally stock - even down to only using the included multi-tool and the pedals ! (I have just used a shock pump though .....) The Jam I was determined to keep stock as I liked all the Spec out of the box.

I've decided it's too hot to work, so going for a quick play now the suspensions had it's first setup and a couple of bolts have been checked (everything's been good so far).

I'm curious what some of the "cheaper" parts will be like. They lack a lot of adjustability, but they're not the kind of things you get on a supermarket bike !

Not overly impressed with the brakes so far, but we'll see what they're like with a few more KM's under them.

I can offer you 300 Euro to take off your hot little hands. 😜
I might have to take you up on that .. I need a bit of a clear out .. It's difficult when you like them all though ! €310 with the switchgrade ? ;) You've got one anyway !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just went out for a quick play.

It feels good. Brakes are continuing to improve/me adjust maybe..

Forks feel quite firm/harsh so need to keep checking sag, they might be equalising.

Motor is very supportive. Maybe even feels like it has a bit more mid range support than the brose or Bosch. A couple of places in the wrong gear and it pulled me up. Total power might be slightly less, too early to say.

A couple of clunky gear changes. The support for effort is higher in T mode and the over run is about double the length of a brose or Bosch so you need to adjust to not destroy a cassette !

Pedalling over the assist is easy, or as easy as the Bosch/Brose.

IMG_20230823_162326.jpg

The rattle is the motor
It has the Bosch/Shimano clutch rattle when you don't pedal.

I think the motor tone is higher pitched than the gen4.

Assistance cut off is really smooth. There is a slightly weird noise when coming up out of assistance and dropping back in which sounds a tiny bit like a brake disk rubbing really really quietly, presumably as the clutch/gears re engage or disengage.

Haven't done anything stupid with it yet, but for general knocking about its excellent, even the brakes are adequate for none stupidity.

Felt a bit more trust with it so went a bit faster..

IMG_20230823_171855.jpg

E, the lowest mode feels more like a really detuned EMTB mode the more you use it. I thought it was peaking at about 230w, but found if you really went hard you could get 280w

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Yes, it is simply a "fat" (wide) version of the official 450ml fidlock. Here it is on my bike, I think it might be 2mm longer, but basically if a 450ml bottle fits, then so will the YT.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I hope I've explained myself well: I reversed the base:
View attachment 123126
and also the bottle connector:
View attachment 123127

View attachment 123124
Thanks Claudio !!!!

That works :

1692863298256.png

It appears I did know about the bracket swapping .. I'd just forgotten about it with senility and new bike day excitement ! :ROFLMAO:

Every credit to the Fidlock system, I've been using that mount and bottle on and off for 4 years.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
E-Mythique Trip reset and other information :

Press and hold + and - for a couple of seconds. Then select Display from the menu with a quick press of the power/select button.

Scroll down to Trip reset. Select. Select yes.

Is easy to access fairly extensive information through the display. With lots of battery data easily accessible so you can even check to see that your cells are all balanced and if you have performance issues, at least you can actually look and see if you have cell issues.

1692865071182.png
1692865045392.png
1692865085499.png
1692865097621.png
1692865107848.png
1692865119125.png
1692865128038.png
1692865137472.png
1692865149735.png
1692865159696.png
1692865170899.png
1692865181761.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
As it's the DPC245 v2 Display I thought I'd try the bluetooth.

The Go+ app connects - but when you try to use it, it says it's not compatible - so it does need the V3 (5.1 bluetooth).

1692868861261.png

1692868423193.png

Then tried the "Go" app. This has awful reviews, but looks like it's had a makeover recently. Connection was easy.

Just click the bluetooth icon top left then select the DPC245 and you're done :

1692868457471.png

You can access similar data to the display with some bits missing and a few extra bits like torque sensor readings which might be useful down the line for trouble shooting.

There's also a page for performing over the air and local firmware updates - no idea if this works or if it's just for show.

1692868539286.png
1692868550372.png
1692868559238.png
1692868575591.png

1692868609409.png
1692868586758.png

Looking at the battery information in mAH it appears accurate to the displayed battery %. Will be interesting to see how accurate that is in real life.

One note : the charger seems to get warmer than my other chargers, so be wary of where you leave the charger when charging !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Actual battery capacity would appear to be less than stated, but then in fairness most companies real capacities are different to the capacity they state, it's just that normally you can't actually look.

The App and the display show the battery as a 16250 mah battery. So with a 36v rating (Wh = mAh × V / 1000) means it's a 585wh battery.

It's listed as a 630wh battery (mAh = 1000 × Wh / V) , so it should be 17500mah.

As an alternative example - Bosch Powertube 625, is actually 16700mah, so really 601wh battery.

Finally pulled the battery out. The lock mechanism works nicely !!! Insert key, turn anti clockwise and the battery loosens.

Turn the funny lever at the top of the battery left or right and the battery drops out.

Just push the battery back up to re-catch and the lever auto centers. Then turn the Key clockwise and it pulls the battery up and tightens it ! Feels really slick ! I'm not a big fan of battery locks, but at least this mechanism seems to do something useful !

Battery weight is fairly standard, 3568g

1692870180767.png

Last edited:

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
@Zimmerframe

"A quick 3k round the garden out of curiosity !"

Just how big is this garden of yours? :)

Do you remember Airwolf Steve?

Do you remember Jan-Michael Vincent and the bits where he was playing a mournful Cello solo by his lake after his latest love interest had perished at the hands of the ‘bad guys’?

That’s something like the size of Zims garden.

IMG_6446.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Some results from a bit more of a testing ride ...

1692959817154.png

Which left me with a shown 27% (starting at 96%) It sometimes take a few charge cycles for a battery to settle in. I need to ride the rest until it's flat so we know how accurate it is. It seems to move in a fairly linear fashion so far.

1692959900134.png

Rode in E, E+, T, B & R.

Ignoring comparisons, the motor feels more than adequate for EMTB ! "T" feels like it gives all the assistance you might need and you wonder if there's actually anymore to give in "B" ... until you switch to B and it effortlessly takes off up the hill like it weighs 2 kg's.

Mid range seems like more than the other motors, even if you go in full granny mode in the wrong gears it seems to pull you through.

It certainly feels like it gives more assistance for effort than the other motors too, so you probably end up riding one mode lower than you normally would or I think you'll end up with less range as you'll burn through the battery.

Tried walk mode. Starts really slow for one revolution then speeded up. Didn't use it extensively, but it works.

The motor certainly is the "smoothest" of any motor I've tried with the transition from assisted to unassisted (25kph for me). It feels like it limits power slightly before 25kph but then ramps down after 25kph. The gen4 does something similar and ramps down from an indicated 25kph until an indicated 26.5 ish (GPS real 25). The M510 feels like it ramps down over a pre-set time period - 2 seconds for example (I'm not sure exactly what it is). If you're absolutely gunning it as you hit the limit, you're still getting a reduced level of assistance afterwards, in my case upto 28kph at times as it smooths the transition rather than just dropping off.

As it's configured, I think it takes more of a revolution of the cranks before assistance kicks in compared to other motors. You only really notice this on steep hill starts, even in "Race Mode" you still need the same amount of revolution, unlike say a Bosch Gen4 Race in Race mode. There is a setting in "Besst Pro" for "Startup Angle", where you can configure , from small to large, how much of a revolution should be made before assistance begins - so you could in theory have this adjusted to your preference.

1693122787113.png

General bike feel - it feels great. Everythings tight, there's no creaks or rattles (except the no pedalling motor rattle).

Bars, grips, display, motor, saddle, dropper, tyres, wheels, hubs - all feel excellent so far !

Assembly of the bike was perfect and every credit to bikester, everything was set correctly and everythings tightened correctly. If I was really being picky, the brake lines need cutting back, but they probably assume most people will change them and as I say, I'm being picky.

Brakes... uhmmmmmm .. They work ! But they do lack feel. They're a bit "wooden". If I was an SRAM fan (which I'm not) I'd tell you that they have great modulation... The rear is generally adequate, but the front you really have to work hard to scrub off speed, there's no stopping on a dime ! . If we try and put a positive spin on it, they're a very safe brake, locking the front must be impossible unless you're a Gorilla. On the bright side, they didn't really squeal when they were wet and the already none existant performance didn't drop off.

Gears.. Had about 3 delayed shifts, though I think this may just have been from all the crap I kept collecting. It was always fine 10 seconds later. I've also adjusted my timing for the longer over run/extra power to pedal pressure you get so didn't have any clunky shifts.

Finally .. some negatives !!

Tyres are still tubed and I ran them at 3 bar today to get a feel for the suspension.

Didn't do any hard/fast hits or big drops so set at 30% sag and used 80% travel front and rear.

The fork .. I think the damper must be faulty - I hope the damper is faulty. It really feels like a €60 Suntour XCT which is the last Suntour fork I tried.

The compression doesn't click consistently, there's just under 2 turns available with a few random clicks as you turn. The rebound has infinite clicks in both directions. (I have written to Suntour to ask).

Hitting any rocks/roots/bumps feels like you have the suspension locked out .. it moves, but harshly, only working it's way through the travel over a series of objects.

Similarly, I found several holes today I had no idea even existed before as it just dropped into them.

Coming off any drops or anywhere you've got any air and the ground just feels like it smashes into the bars.

I know it's a base model with the base fork, but for all Suntours promo talk on the fork, I really hoped it would still perform a little bit - just without all the bells and whistles.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles