Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
This makes me think there is a newer smaller motor coming next year for the full power kenevo based on the new frame. Same mounting points.

If by "same mounting points" you mean that of the Mahle... I would very much doubt it. Have you looked at it? The Mahle's mount points constrain the overall size of the motor in three directions, not to mention the most-important and constraining location/placement: the size of the gear on the spindle.

All these motors are compactly-packaged to within-an-inch-of-their-lives for weight, packaging (as it relates to the battery), and geometry (pivot placement and chainstay length) considerations. There is little reason to suspect that the first versions gave away advantages in those that could have been reaped-but-weren't, or that anybody is motivated enough to shoehorn a bigger design into an existing-but-constraining "standard". Because the Mahle was never popular enough where it would be worth it to compromise and/or resort to work-arounds to allow newer, bigger motors to fit the older smaller mounts. It simply be much easier to just use a new mount.

Can't see the current kenevo and brose being here after this last levo

Whether the Brose Drive S Mag is going to persist with Specialized is going to depend on whether the 2020 Q1/Q2 hardware reinforcements (most notably the aramid belt) and the firmware changes will prove reliable. Having rolled-back the warranty for the MY2021 to the 2-year industry normal, it seems like Speshy is confident. The last thing they want is a re-flaring of the firestorm they worked hard (and spent/will-spend a good amount of money) to quell.

Aside from the perception of unreliablity (and it is admittedly up-in-the-air if this is actually resolved) and the marketing desire for new hotness... there is no business reason to abandon the Brose Drive S Mag. Aside from still comparing favorably to much of the existing market in terms of specs, it is also widely-acclaimed for its feel/response, NVH, and the tweak-ability of the Mission Control software. If they can fix its one major failing after all this effort, it is hard to justify going to a wholly-new design given that too can reveal its own failings that would consume even more time/effort/market-cachet to fix.

So abandoning the Brose Drive S Mag? No. But taking the lessons learned from the Brose Drive S Mag and evolving it into a new version? Maybe.

Last edited:

ZeLeo

Oct 1, 2018
Brazil
Pictures or it didn't happen :D

Ebikebh instagran

Screenshot_20210306-225413_Instagram.jpg

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Since we seem to be pretty convinced that the 3rd-gen Levo will incorporate Stumpjumper Evo-like changes, I propose in the absence of an official name, we call it the "Le Evo".

Because "Levo Evo" seems redundant. It isn't... but it seems like it. And that's enough to make it uncool.

And "LEvo" just looks like you're slow with your shift key.

So "Le Evo" or "LeEvo". Just like the Chrysler LeBaron. Because everything is classier in French. ;) *dodges tomatoes*

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
my LBS was on the presentation in barcelona, via zoom. the kenevo SL is enduro based, mulleted , with smaller motor and with range extender option. as for the levo comes 160/150 .there is an "switch" to change the head angle on the fly and a the same for the rear that move the wheelbase bigger or smaller, thats what they told me in sumary. between another things ofcourse.
As stated above new Levo will be based on the stumpjumper evo frame - 6 distinct geometry setting. Also mullet and with updated TCU/monitor and updated wiring harness (sealed).

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
If the 23rd is right, that's only 10 days till launch!
MI5 should hire staff at Specialized, never seen anything keep under such tight wraps before, this side of the moon landings ?

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I'll be completely honest with you all, I'm praying that the gene Levo takes inspiration from the Status 160.
For those who haven't swung a leg over one, believe the hype. This bike has it where it counts and by adding a motor, it would turn this platform into the best emtb Specialized have ever made. I say this as an owner of a Levo fsr, Levo HT and Kenevo which I love. ?

20210312_155442.jpg

20210312_155501.jpg

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I'll be completely honest with you all, I'm praying that the gene Levo takes inspiration from the Status 160.
For those who haven't swung a leg over one, believe the hype. This bike has it where it counts and by adding a motor, it would turn this platform into the best emtb Specialized have ever made. I say this as an owner of a Levo fsr, Levo HT and Kenevo which I love. ?

View attachment 55768

View attachment 55769
I am digging my SL as a mullet right now. I could see the next one being a mullet as an option

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Called a reputable specialized dealer to pre-order the new specialized ebike coming out and they said there will be an announcement soon but gave no details. Also said that even with an announcement the bike will not be available til summer or late summer for the masses.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Called a reputable specialized dealer to pre-order the new specialized ebike coming out and they said there will be an announcement soon but gave no details. Also said that even with an announcement the bike will not be available til summer or late summer for the masses.

assuming they didn’t let you pre order yet?

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
You guys are brave, a deposit on an unknown, unseen, price yet to be announced ebike ?

RSVB4

Apr 27, 2020
Ca
You guys think it will be 160/150 like Stumpy evo or a bit more like 170/160? I have a Bullit XT coil on order due End of May and they swear I will get it on time. I would switch it up for this but don’t want to be under gunned and I feel like 170/160 is perfect for ebike.. currently have 170/155ish coil on my V2 (65 from 62.5 shock) sentinel and can’t imagine going down from that on a ebike.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
You guys think it will be 160/150 like Stumpy evo or a bit more like 170/160? I have a Bullit XT coil on order due End of May and they swear I will get it on time. I would switch it up for this but don’t want to be under gunned and I feel like 170/160 is perfect for ebike.. currently have 170/155ish coil on my V2 (65 from 62.5 shock) sentinel and can’t imagine going down from that on a ebike.
Given the hints over the months and the thought that the levo sl current edition is barely a year old.. I don’t think they would release another 150mm evo version. Too close . I personally think it will be 170/170

BigChiefSender

Mar 17, 2021
CA
Three models coming out, Carbon only - An Expert starting at 11k, a Pro at 13k, SW at 15k. Using S sizing, no specifics on travel numbers yet until the release date on the 23rd. These price jumps seem insane on what was already an expensive bike.

Austin Thomas

Mar 17, 2021
UK
Three models coming out, Carbon only - An Expert starting at 11k, a Pro at 13k, SW at 15k. Using S sizing, no specifics on travel numbers yet until the release date on the 23rd. These price jumps seem insane on what was already an expensive bike.
Sounds very exciting. Is this from a reliable source or a gut feel?

Austin Thomas

Mar 17, 2021
UK
Me too. Pre order placed. You only live once and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles