Other Trek Slash-e Rumors

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
My LBS told me there will be a new Trek Ebike by the end of the month. He didnt tell me which but from our conversation i got to know its not a new rail. So did Trek maybe develop a Slash-e equipped with a TQ-HPR50? Did you hear/see anything.

I know of at least one youtuber that got a bike box this week and since then his social channels are pretry quiet. Else he is posting daily. But I guess he is testing and filming seceretly somewhere the new bike.

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
I'm not really feeling the Bosch. Louder and bulkier than the TQ, it has more power so you need the bigger battery or the range would suffer?

I'm in the camp that's very happy with the Fuel EXe/TQ. Especially at these eBike prices, hoping to get 2-3 seasons out of it.
But I have pondered a LT version- 160mm, 63.5 HT with a 170 fork, 440 stays. separate flip chip and adjustable headset please. Keep the TQ motor and removable battery.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I'm not really feeling the Bosch. Louder and bulkier than the TQ, it has more power so you need the bigger battery or the range would suffer?

I'm in the camp that's very happy with the Fuel EXe/TQ. Especially at these eBike prices, hoping to get 2-3 seasons out of it.
But I have pondered a LT version- 160mm, 63.5 HT with a 170 fork, 440 stays. separate flip chip and adjustable headset please. Keep the TQ motor and removable battery.
Everything is a compromise. You may opt for one, others for another. Simples.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Chances are high its a light emtb since a trek ambassador did hike a bike with it to hörnli hut at mt. Matterhorn in switzerland. See his insta story with censored bike

Screenshot_20230803-225603_Instagram.jpg

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Listened to The Future of eBike Technology? – TQ Drives

In the last quarter (at 47:42 min ) Anna from TQ hinted that 12. July marks the anniversairy of the TQ HPR-50 (Big launch of HPR 50 with Trek Fuel exe) and that one year after that date and a few weeks later their will be another big thing announced. Anna "its gonna get really exciting again".

This makes me still thinking its possible we will get the second Trek MTB using a TQ Motor. We now are a few weeks later than 12.July so maybe we know more in just some days. Maybe even a complete new drivetrain if they compare the launch of it to the launch of the HPR 50 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
will tomorrow ever come? id love a slash shaped EXE style mid range SL ebike..
if tomorrow never comes... 😅

my LBS hinted me the date of the new analog slash. I was misinterpreting it for the Slash-E thats why I wrote tomorrow. The LBS usually only sells Ebikes. Don't know why he got the info about the analog slash and told me there will be a new bike🤷‍♂️ sorry guys

Foxy87

Aug 18, 2019
Switzerland
You guys do realize the bike you were talking about was the new aluminium Fuel Exe (which Sandro Schmid was carrying on his shoulders in the pic) right? AFAIK there is no E slash coming... It will rather be an updated Rail.

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
You guys do realize the bike you were talking about was the new aluminium Fuel Exe (which Sandro Schmid was carrying on his shoulders in the pic) right? AFAIK there is no E slash coming... It will rather be an updated Rail.
Why do you think its the alu fuel exe. The bike was already released at the time. So no need to hide it😉

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
New Bikes from any manufacturer in general are a bit like phones these day
They nearly all look the same but we are wanting better electronics , so we are told anyway (y)

Marshall Willanholly

Subscriber
Oct 24, 2022
Oregon
Those pics windfed posted sure look like a Slash-e with a TQ motor and 580Wh battery.

I guess we’ll know for sure on the 26th.

Last edited:

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
i dont think this is bad shout by trek. Interested how that idealer goes though..didnt lew bruchan have a load of issues with it dropping chains everywhere

Miket775

Feb 4, 2020
Northampton, UK
i dont think this is bad shout by trek. Interested how that idealer goes though..didnt lew bruchan have a load of issues with it dropping chains everywhere
His bike was missing spacers on the lower guide - Trek did put out a release for owners to get the spacers fitted and reviews after showed this issue was fixed. Then again he hasn't a good reputation for a few bikes he had over the last couple of years

jgf

Jun 18, 2024
Canada
Well pretty disappointed if its a tq 50nm. Why bother. The exe fills that slot. Better to have added a stronger motor
I think the TQ50 still has a place because no other motor comes close to its ride profile... that's the only reason I am still considering a Fuel...

They are in a race however to get a more powerful motor out before the other makers figure out how to make a quiet and more natural feeling motor...

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Just depends what you want.

Have a 2022 Trek Rail 5 (alloy) which is extensively modified to make it exactly the way I want ... except that instead of 25kg I want 22kg or less. And I don't want carbon which wouldn't survive being frequently crashed. But I can get up steeps really easy but still have to wait or just go slow for my regular riding buddy on his Trek Fuel EXe to catch up.

Low power motors and relatively small batteries are nothing more than compromises which will pass as motors and especially batteries become lighter (ie higher energy density per kilo).

Last edited:

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Low power motors and relatively small batteries are nothing more than compromises which will pass as motors and especially batteries become lighter (ie higher energy density per kilo).

Right now it looks like it could go either way imho, as the same progress could minimize weight penalty of SL-style ebikes even further towards normal bikes.

I really hope all the choices stay on market esp. since batteries are modular.

Reactions: Dax

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Just depends what you want.

Low power motors and relatively small batteries are nothing more than compromises

The TQ HPR-50 is still by far the quietest, smallest form factor, and has a much better display than the Fazua or Bosch SL motors. Removable battery is a nice trick too. Makes a lot of sense on a bike that could see bike park use. I just removed my TQ battery for 2 days at sun peaks- but I can also easily carry a second battery for 720wh total.

I’m impressed with the Bosch SX motor on my partners bike, but it is not really a game changer. Just a different feature set.

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
I see benefit in the slash E having a removeable battery for that exact reason, could be used at the park as a non e-bike, ( and perhaps id consider upgrading my analogue slash in that scenario ), but the weak TQ motor means taking the bike up decent ascents to be able to do the gnarly downhill when not at a bike park ( with lift etc ) makes its a poor option. Given some of the very recent announcements like the DJI motor id kinda see a world where 75- 85NM becomes the base light weight power and beyond that are full fats :) TQ Motor in slash E is under powered IMO
The TQ HPR-50 is still by far the quietest, smallest form factor, and has a much better display than the Fazua or Bosch SL motors. Removable battery is a nice trick too. Makes a lot of sense on a bike that could see bike park use. I just removed my TQ battery for 2 days at sun peaks- but I can also easily carry a second battery for 720wh total.

I’m impressed with the Bosch SX motor on my partners bike, but it is not really a game changer. Just a different feature set.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

Without motor MTB bike weight is pretty much fixed given its construction and components - for arguments sake let's say that's ~15kg. By contrast a motor might weigh ~3 kg and a 750Wh battery ~4.5kg giving a combined bike weight of ~22.5kg

Whereas technology might reduce motor weights by percentages, new technologies just starting to dribble onto the market will reduce battery weights by magnitudes.

The weights of SL and FF eMTBs will slowly converge.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles