Transition Relay Size help

ripeinmay

Jan 24, 2022
Ireland
Looking at getting a Transition Relay and can get a good deal but its in size medium. Im 6 foot and ride a Turbo Levo S4 which is just about right for me. I've owned a Rise medium in the past and while on the small side I had no complaints when descending. Although when i moved to the s4 (Large) I was like, this makes more sense for my body. Now I'm facing potentially going back down in size. Should i just do it and get riding a class bike? Or hold out for my size and probably an extra 1-2k in cost as the deal will be gone.

MOG

Feb 24, 2022
Abergavenny
My mate is same height as me (6 foot) and rides a large Relay. I have a Rise in Large. Neither of us would want to go smaller.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Fwiw, I'm 6'2" and rode an XL rise that was mullet converted. I replaced that with an XL relay. The XL relay is a smidge long for me as I generally prefer a 490-495mm reach.... but it's for sure the correct size.

I'd guess that you're comfortably a large. You can get reach adjust headsets for these from works components to adjust +/-5mm.

Mr Tonka

Apr 19, 2024
Tampa
Looking at getting a Transition Relay and can get a good deal but its in size medium. Im 6 foot and ride a Turbo Levo S4 which is just about right for me. I've owned a Rise medium in the past and while on the small side I had no complaints when descending. Although when i moved to the s4 (Large) I was like, this makes more sense for my body. Now I'm facing potentially going back down in size. Should i just do it and get riding a class bike? Or hold out for my size and probably an extra 1-2k in cost as the deal will be gone.
Medium Relay has just about the same reach as a S3 Levo. Like within 1 or 2 mm. I ride a M Relay and when in CO my buddy set me up on a S3 Levo and it felt right on in size.

Tmae

Nov 5, 2023
Ger
Agree go for L.
I‘m 6‘2‘‘ and went for XL because i already knew i‘ll convert mine to mullet/PNW. PNW has a about 8mm shorter reach then the 29er relay.

Bbmtb

Aug 15, 2024
Wheaton, IL
Looking at getting a Transition Relay and can get a good deal but it’s in size medium. Im 6 foot and ride a Turbo Levo S4 which is just about right for me. I've owned a Rise medium in the past and while on the small side I had no complaints when descending. Although when i moved to the s4 (Large) I was like, this makes more sense for my body. Now I'm facing potentially going back down in size. Should i just do it and get riding a class bike? Or hold out for my size and probably an extra 1-2k in cost as the deal will be gone.

Bbmtb

Aug 15, 2024
Wheaton, IL
I bought an XL Relay and went back to swap it out for a Large. I am 6’2’’. Learning was these e-bikes add 8-10mm in length from the motor, and the bike length was just too long. Here is my full story on Relay sizing on Reddit. For what it’s worth, I also switched from mullet to 29 29, from spring shock to normal, and I kept the 38 fork and larger TRP brakes. On sizing, in sum, look at the total wheel to wheel length of the medium. If that fits your perfect bike length, then look at reach next.If it’s just a little shorter than your perfect reach, like within 15 mm, then dial it in with a stem etc. if much shorter than your perfect reach, then go L and pay the difference. https://www.reddit.com/r/TransitionBikes/s/QV8L24tyAC

dumpy

Nov 11, 2023
usa
yep dont buy a bike thats far too big or small for you (M is far too small, L or XL is ok, L is prolly right), it doesnt matter how much of a good deal it is because it will _suck_ to ride. not worth a penny unless you resell it immediately.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles