The Voima coil shock thread

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I bought myself an Ext storia E coil shock. Great shock and rode about 60km with it. But after the two rides, there seems a little play/kink at the shaft of the shock. Turned it back to the seller (great guy, helping me out really well) and it seems that was great amount a internal wear. The oil was black. The shock is new. The seller never have seen this before and especially with a new shock.

There must be some sort of sideway loading. I did not change the linkages/yokes and just swapped the stock Cane Creek for the EXT. I cannot figure out why this could happen. Anyone?
The only way it would have a side load is if you had one of the yokes flipped, so the offset is on the opposite side as the other yoke. The front and rear yokes have to have the offset on the same side.

Sander

Dec 29, 2022
NL
The only way it would have a side load is if you had one of the yokes flipped, so the offset is on the opposite side as the other yoke. The front and rear yokes have to have the offset on the same side.
Thanks Onetime, but the yokes are on the same side. I never changed the yokes and I had no problem with my Kitsima Air. If one should flip a yoke you would definitely see that the shock isn't inline with the frame :cool:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles