• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered "Spacer" for SRAM shifter?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Getting my SRAM AXS shifter pod to sit in the way that I want for comfortable shifting has turned out to be much harder than I ever imagined it would be. The clearance to my TRP DHR Evo brake lever clamps is incredibly tight (limiting left-right movement) and the revised shift lever sits too close to the handlebar. This makes it hard to find a position that my thumb is happy with, that doesn't interfere with handlebar grips or other accessories, and doesn't put my brake lever somewhere I don't want it.

What I want to try to do is find some way to drop the pod about 5mm further away from the handlebar (as opposed to just rotating and sliding it this way and that). Does anybody know of a SRAM-compatible clamp or "spacer" that will let me get the pod just a little further away from the bar? My Google-fu has come up short so far.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
For anyone who might run into this issue in the future, I managed to find a solution. The Bikeyoke Triggy I-Spec II adapter is available for both left and right side brakes, and it sits a few mm lower than the adapter I was using from TRP. My thumb had to adapt a bit to the new location, but there's much more clearance to work with now.

Edit: Please disregard. It turns out the Triggy adapter isn't actually a good match for the TRP DHR Evo. For what it's worth, the factory clamp for the AXS controller does provide pretty good clearance, though if your grips are flanged there may be a bit of contact between the paddle and flange when you shift.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles