Rise Up - What are your upgrades?

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
gotcha - you mean this photo?
are the stays on your bike carbon or alloy on the M20? it's probably a bad idea, but I'm tempted anyway. that, and/or maybe file 2mm of the tabs where the rotor mounts to the hub to bring it in a little.
View attachment 141418

It was an h15, had been carbon it may not have survived, there was a gap as well of about 2 mm and it looked like it’d be OK but rub during cornering with the rear flex

DarrenCC

Apr 3, 2021
Hertfordshire
I would not recommend going 170. It's most likely going to be bad when climbing and your sitting position will be too far back off the bike.
you can use this tool to figure out new geo:

It's never going to be a mini enduro IMO. The rear end is very flexy and I'm not sure it will hold up that well to continual abuse and you can only change the geo so much until you begin having issues with BB heigh, seat tube position, reach etc etc
I’m running 160 rear 170mm front and it’s entirely rideable, depending what you ride. I took it out to 170 after my last trip to coed y brenin and BPW, but I am only hitting tame local stuff at the moment so I’m going to take the fork back to 160 and probably leave it there for the foreseeable. I have never really noticed undue rear end flex so whatever flex there is, I’m quite happy to live with.

The guy looking to change his rotors to 220, sounds like you need to change your brakes or your braking habits/ maintenance. I’m running the basic twin pot Deore brakes on 200mm rotors and they are powerful enough. No need to trash your frame for a needless flex

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles