Reign E+ 2022

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
question: the shock rocker link is off center, asymmetric as it were. is this a design feature for the shock, or do i have a huge misalignment? i have no trail time as of yet so it's not like i can detect anything. looking down you can see it here:

eeb5.jpg

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
question: the shock rocker link is off center, asymmetric as it were. is this a design feature for the shock, or do i have a huge misalignment? i have no trail time as of yet so it's not like i can detect anything. looking down you can see it here:

View attachment 76941
This is normal. The entire shock and linkage is shifted left to provide more room for the chainring. Giant have been doing this for some time, even on old fashion pedal bikes.

Emtb666

Nov 28, 2021
Chino hills
Hello everyone

I am in Los Angeles and ready to preorder the reign e 2

I am 6 feet / 183 cm. 190lbs / 86kg. I want to get M size. Will it be too small for me.

Thank you

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
Hello everyone

I am 6 feet / 183 cm. 190lbs / 86kg. I want to get M size. Will it be too small for me.

Thank you
Size choice is a pretty personal thing and it depends on a lot of variables other than height. The type of riding you do, the way you like the bike to feel and the length of your limbs. Based on my height, 180cm, the recommendation that I got using the more sophisticated size calculator (the one that uses height, inseam, arm length) on the website that I bought my bike from was medium. I was tight at the top end of the medium scale. When I checked the dimensions of the medium Reign it was closer to my wife’s medium Trek Rail than it was to my Large Trek Rail. I know that my wife’s bike feels way too small for me so I opted for the large. Not the most precise or scientific way to make that judgment but hey, I spent the 90s and early noughties wearing jeans 3x too big on purpose. According to the basic size chart on that same site, I just about fit in the bottom end of the Large range. I have not really rode the bike in anger yet but it feels like I made the right choice. I will fit a shorter stem just to bring the bars closer. If you are really unsure try to find one that you can at least sit on before you choose

Last edited:

peddleaddict

Nov 22, 2021
Alpes Maritimes
Hello everyone

Thank you
At 183cm look at an L - if possible go and try one before buying. The M will possibly feel short with the seat up - the actual top tube lengths are not long due to the steepish and straight seat post angle. I am the same size as you and after car park riding both an L and XL with different length stems I took the XL, The Reign XL feels almost identical to my size L Orange Stage 6 when riding seat up. I ride with a 33/35mm reach stem on my bikes, and put a Renthal 33mm stem on the Reign - feels spot on for where and how I ride.

TrailHunter

Oct 19, 2020
Cardiff
Hello everyone

Thank you
I’m 168cm and ride a medium, it’s just right, at 6ft you’ll need at least a large, unless you like an unusually small bike for your height. This bike does have a really small stand over too👍

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
well alright, alright, alright.

so first ride today, could hardly sleep last night, like a high school boy who knows he's getting lucky after the big dance on the weekend....

conditions, pure coastal, 6° wet, slick as snails, endless roots and downed trees, pure xc grinder, shit trails that are not worthy of this bike. right out my front door though and perfect to get familiar with how it handles, power modes, bed the brakes in, etc, etc.

first impressions: bike is rad. my first eeb and i've only demo'd once. auto power is good only for the road, or non tech climbing. too erratic on the trail. i much preferred manual and it's dead simple on this bike. level 2 or 3 was perfect on the tech, 4 for double track trail. felt intuitive and natural to me, i could even ratchet pedal strokes, though it's certainly not as natural as my normal bike (Rocky Slayer 29).

bike is low and slack, but you know that. but i mean it really feels LOW, to me. partly it's the weight, but even in the high setting, i routinely hit pedals or the BB going over logs. handling is excellent, and i think i could even notice the smaller rear wheel tightening the radius. the trails i rode were the opposite of what it was designed for and it's clear to me that it's going to really shine when i ride it on my favourite trails, which will be more descent focused, accessed primarily by road climbs with some technical singletrack up high.

the STA feels very steep, and the cockpit a bit short when seated. i see this as totally normal for an enduro bike, it's geometry is really focused on pedalling up climbing trails and access road.

i could probably go on and on but i'll leave it there. i'm very impressed so far, and i'm a Shimano XT fan all day, same groupo on my Slayer. a few set up tweaks (dropper post lever, etc) with this inaugural ride under my belt i'm ready to take it to some more exciting trails. any questions about the bike are welcome.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
one up 210 dropper, spesh power arc saddle, nukeproof 50mm stem, spank vibrocore bars 780mm, 50mm rise, diety supracush grips, wolftooth spacer kit w wraparound topcap. maxxxxis shorty in maxxxx grippp, double down front tire.

it's never ever going to look like this again living in the rainforest, so i might as well take photos now. full coverage mudhugger fenders front and back soon and ready for winter riding on the coast, so long as the snow elevation allows.
Hi bike looks mint

Q: can the 210mm dropper slide all the way into the frame?
How do you find the stand over height?

Cheers

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
it can slide in lower than this but probably not balls deep. stand over is great, look how low the top tube is. but with my inseam, that's never been an issue with any bike.
so in your pics is that a 210 set to the right insertion for you when seated and its fully up? You sir, must be a skyscraper of a human being! o_O

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
194 or 6 5 with 37 inch inseam. also, many of the newer bikes have extremely short seat tubes. this one is 475mm for a size XL, so it's a lot of seatpost sticking out. the Marin eeb i had originally ordered was 460, the shortest i've ever heard of. i'm not sure of the rationale to go so short. i mean if there were dropper posts with 250 or more travel maybe but it's gone a bit too far.

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
Hi, I leave you a mini review of the bike after 500Km with it.
Rider of 191cm and 88Kg.
Giant Reign e + 1 XL

Overall it is a very agile bike almost more than my previous muscular Giant Trance x 2021, I imagine due to the 27.5 at the rear. You immediately follow it, it gives you a lot of confidence on descents and it only asks you to release the brakes and float over obstacles. In technical climbs it will not be the best but nothing resists you either.

Brakes - They fell short, on long and demanding descents they ended up heating up and braking just enough. I have changed to Galfer discs and for the best moment, I have put the same one at the back and the 223mm and 2mm at front.

Suspensions - From factory adjusting only the SAG comes a little too plumb for my liking. A few rebound and compression settings and the bike becomes much more lively and agile. In the fork I added the token that comes.

Modes - I usually use only the first 3, the 4 and 5 is too much power and unnecessary battery consumption. Sometimes I use the AutoMode but is a little over power.
The first 3 modes are 75%, 100% and 150%. At 75 you go up any track effortlessly no matter how steep it may be, at 100 and 150 for technical trails up and down or descents.

Autonomy - I have done 37Km 1200m and I have left 18%, that if abusing to use 75%, the increase in consumption is very noticeable according to the mode and the terrain through which you climb. To do enduro more than enough.

Handlebar - I swapped the handlebar and stem for a Fatbar 30mm rise and 35mm stem. I already had them from before, I feel comfortable like that, that stem gives a lot of rigidity to the whole. It also becomes more agile, better to play down but worse in technical ups.

Wheels - I've already eaten the rear. I live in a rocky area and I like to go skidding but it was still very fast. I think that the house wheels seem to be made of another compound to lower the weights, I have changed to Magic Mary 2.4 superGravity Soft to see how they go.

FlipChip - In my area (Alicante Rockland) always in High, if you don't go hitting from stone to stone. It is a bike that even in High is the host of thrown and downhill. I'll keep Low for BikeParks.

Engine - Delivers power in a controlled manner. It is not very noisy but it does make a noise when "clutching" which is supposed to be normal but leaves you a little pissed off.

Like bugs Giant could fix

- The buttons of the remote control are too sensitive sometimes you touch it and change it without wanting or realizing it.
- The Walk assist is very poor and on steep steps you end up loading the bike earlier. It would not hurt if it could be configured as the modes. In addition, the central button + the top one is not very logical, his will be the central button + the bottom one, a more natural position when pushing up.
- Some water enters the battery hole, they are only drops and at the moment it has not failed, but it is difficult to see traces of water in that area. I also have to say that I got very muddy and went to the gas station to clean it up.

I am attaching a couple of photos, they are not new with all the changes, and a link to videos going down with it, to see if I do more filming and make a review type video.

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv = wy9jCCc8M6w & t = 14s

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv = 1NfvaAYkyKE & t = 17s

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv = RkecpA79NNY & t = 63s

PicsArt_11-21-03.11.18.jpg

IMG_20211106_122540.jpg

IMG_20211019_192842.jpg

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
hey Kyzo. what are you running for pressure in the rear shock? how about low speed compression, do you use much? the bike is so low i'd like to make sure i have enough support to keep the BB from hitting and i don't have it quite dialed yet.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Hi, I leave you a mini review of the bike after 500Km with it.
Rider of 191cm and 88Kg.
Giant Reign e + 1 XL

Overall it is a very agile bike almost more than my previous muscular Giant Trance x 2021, I imagine due to the 27.5 at the rear. You immediately follow it, it gives you a lot of confidence on descents and it only asks you to release the brakes and float over obstacles. In technical climbs it will not be the best but nothing resists you either.

Brakes - They fell short, on long and demanding descents they ended up heating up and braking just enough. I have changed to Galfer discs and for the best moment, I have put the same one at the back and the 223mm and 2mm at front.

Suspensions - From factory adjusting only the SAG comes a little too plumb for my liking. A few rebound and compression settings and the bike becomes much more lively and agile. In the fork I added the token that comes.

Modes - I usually use only the first 3, the 4 and 5 is too much power and unnecessary battery consumption. Sometimes I use the AutoMode but is a little over power.
The first 3 modes are 75%, 100% and 150%. At 75 you go up any track effortlessly no matter how steep it may be, at 100 and 150 for technical trails up and down or descents.

Autonomy - I have done 37Km 1200m and I have left 18%, that if abusing to use 75%, the increase in consumption is very noticeable according to the mode and the terrain through which you climb. To do enduro more than enough.

Handlebar - I swapped the handlebar and stem for a Fatbar 30mm rise and 35mm stem. I already had them from before, I feel comfortable like that, that stem gives a lot of rigidity to the whole. It also becomes more agile, better to play down but worse in technical ups.

Wheels - I've already eaten the rear. I live in a rocky area and I like to go skidding but it was still very fast. I think that the house wheels seem to be made of another compound to lower the weights, I have changed to Magic Mary 2.4 superGravity Soft to see how they go.

FlipChip - In my area (Alicante Rockland) always in High, if you don't go hitting from stone to stone. It is a bike that even in High is the host of thrown and downhill. I'll keep Low for BikeParks.

Engine - Delivers power in a controlled manner. It is not very noisy but it does make a noise when "clutching" which is supposed to be normal but leaves you a little pissed off.

Like bugs Giant could fix

- The buttons of the remote control are too sensitive sometimes you touch it and change it without wanting or realizing it.
- The Walk assist is very poor and on steep steps you end up loading the bike earlier. It would not hurt if it could be configured as the modes. In addition, the central button + the top one is not very logical, his will be the central button + the bottom one, a more natural position when pushing up.
- Some water enters the battery hole, they are only drops and at the moment it has not failed, but it is difficult to see traces of water in that area. I also have to say that I got very muddy and went to the gas station to clean it up.

I am attaching a couple of photos, they are not new with all the changes, and a link to videos going down with it, to see if I do more filming and make a review type video.

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv = wy9jCCc8M6w & t = 14s

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv = 1NfvaAYkyKE & t = 17s

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv = RkecpA79NNY & t = 63s

View attachment 77149

View attachment 77150

View attachment 77151
Nice write up buddy. What size battery are you running in this? Is it the 625 or 750wh? Thanks.

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
hey Kyzo. what are you running for pressure in the rear shock? how about low speed compression, do you use much? the bike is so low i'd like to make sure i have enough support to keep the BB from hitting and i don't have it quite dialed yet.

210 psi
HSR - 5
LSR - 10
HSC - 4
LSC - full clockwise

jbv

Sep 7, 2021
Vancouver Island BC
wow, lots of LSR and full on LSC! doesn't make the rear end feel too firm or harsh? i guess this twin tube technology is supposed to isolate the circuits so you can get the exact response from the sus that you want at both high and low speed.

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
wow, lots of LSR and full on LSC! doesn't make the rear end feel too firm or harsh? i guess this twin tube technology is supposed to isolate the circuits so you can get the exact response from the sus that you want at both high and low speed.

Fox recomend this settings to my Weight:
HSR - 4
LSR - 8
HSC - 5
LSC - 10
Is not too far from my numbers.
Its a little stif but i prefer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles