tooFATtoRIDE

Sep 18, 2023
Zug - Switzerland
Look who came to visit Nicolai at Eurobike 2024

Screenshot_2024-07-07-13-08-35-18_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
I really wish the best to Pole, hope aswell the factory will rise back, even stronger ! I'm really curious how the brand will manage to integrate upcoming techs (CVT, motor-gearbox, etc).
And i am really impatient to see how a Pole-MGU-pinion EMTB will compare to the Nicolai MGU-pinion. Not a question of better or not, but in terms of vision.

and to be complete, i am really sad Pole had no stand at eurobike, or nothing 'new' / refined to show. :oops:

tooFATtoRIDE

Sep 18, 2023
Zug - Switzerland
I really wish the best to Pole, hope aswell the factory will rise back, even stronger ! I'm really curious how the brand will manage to integrate upcoming techs (CVT, motor-gearbox, etc).
And i am really impatient to see how a Pole-MGU-pinion EMTB will compare to the Nicolai MGU-pinion. Not a question of better or not, but in terms of vision.

and to be complete, i am really sad Pole had no stand at eurobike, or nothing 'new' / refined to show. :oops:
Given Pole is currently bankrupt/insolvent, they officially do not exist for the purpose of a running company. Whether they will rise from the ashes like a phoenix, I really hope so but who knows. Only time will tell.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Given Pole is currently bankrupt/insolvent, they officially do not exist for the purpose of a running company. Whether they will rise from the ashes like a phoenix, I really hope so but who knows. Only time will tell.
If you follow him on instagram, he had several posts from the show, mostly looking at the new motors and test riding them. He was talking about which ones he could potentially use in the future with his bikes. So it seemed like they’re coming back, sooner rather than later.

tooFATtoRIDE

Sep 18, 2023
Zug - Switzerland
If you follow him on instagram, he had several posts from the show, mostly looking at the new motors and test riding them. He was talking about which ones he could potentially use in the future with his bikes. So it seemed like they’re coming back, sooner rather than later.
Well, we will see. Talk is talk, let us see the walk. And to be clear: I will they are resurrected as it will Voima's saleable again. At the moment nobody will touch them with barge pole.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Yes, I notice that too...

I'm still interested in a Voima, but I will only order one if they are financially sound. Why reopen the site and not tell anyone that they are back up and running?
Because they’re not back up and running yet. The website is up, but you can’t order anything yet. I’m sure when they’re back, they’ll make an announcement.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Because they’re not back up and running yet. The website is up, but you can’t order anything yet. I’m sure when they’re back, they’ll make an announcement.
I wonder how easy it is to start back up after this long? its not like the employees are just waiting around on full pay... They will be long gone into other jobs. What then for the experience and knowledge those employee's that have now departed?

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I wonder how easy it is to start back up after this long? its not like the employees are just waiting around on full pay... They will be long gone into other jobs. What then for the experience and knowledge those employee's that have now departed?
I’m sure if they do reopen, they’ll have some former employees who come back and I’m sure they’ll have a long line of applicants to choose from. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I’m sure if they do reopen, they’ll have some former employees who come back and I’m sure they’ll have a long line of applicants to choose from. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's not that easy... skilled engineers and machinist are hard to come by. You can't just hire a chump off the street. It's skilled labour that takes years and years to aquire that skill.

We will see.... with every day that goes by that makes it that little bit harder to restart the going concern.

Gandalf

Dec 16, 2020
Germany
Text from Leo
———
Pole's restructuring update.

We have a price for Pole's assets that is for sale (tangible and intangible.) Also, we have negotiated with suppliers and we are able to do business sustainably. All machines, and key inventory's are still at Pole and we are ready to start.

NOW WE ARE SEARCHING FOR A LEAD INVESTOR.

There are several invostors who are willing to invest if we find the one who is going to make a deal with us and start the process.

Do you know a suitable investor? I am happy to provide a pitch deck and executive summary.

OUR PLAN IS TO SET POLE FOR A BETTER FUTURE.

Yes, the first time around we screwed up the financials, while creating some incredible bikes. This time around, we’re going to continue creating awesome bikes and keep a close eye on the financials, production and customer service, with extra focus on cash flow management.

Our plan is to produce spare parts with a decent pricing for our previous products. We will do our best to give everyone the best experience possible.

We visited Eurobike looking for new opportunities and we think that Pinion MGU could be the thing we want to focus. We are very interested in everyone's feedback and ideas what would you like to see what Pole should do in the future?

I will answer questions about our plans for Pole's future but unfortunately I cannot comment previous company's matters for legal reasons.

——-

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
im not on Facebook but can u ask if there is any chance to get a hold of the updated swingarms for the voima?
I don't even need to ask to answer that question.

Until Pole find an investor and start back up again there is zero chance of recieving anything from Pole. It is currently not a going concern and cannot trade until they can find investors to start back up, pay off owing debt and provide enough working capital not to go into immediately insolvency again.

If they cannot find an investor then then the company does not start back up and we will all be left in a hole without back up support.

It also looks like if they do start back up it will be a new going concern and there will be no warrantee on previous Pole product, thus the statemen for offering reasonable pricing for spare parts for past products,

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
I don't have a Facebook account. To me the obvious investor is Elon. Heck, Pole's bikes already look like the Cybertruck and exhibit that same "go against the the grain, engineering first" kind of ethos. His chump change could fund Pole for years. If anyone has an inside track track to Musk, send out the word.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I don't have a Facebook account. To me the obvious investor is Elon. Heck, Pole's bikes already look like the Cybertruck and exhibit that same "go against the the grain, engineering first" kind of ethos. His chump change could fund Pole for years. If anyone has an inside track track to Musk, send out the word.
I watched a pod cast with Elon Musk and he was valuing his work time out at $100 million per hour based on the impact of his decisions and the income his companies are making.....

Bike companies are world saving/improving endeavours so I doubt very much he would be interested... or has any capacity for interest,

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Jeez he only has to work one 44 hour week to make back the money he spent on Twitter!

I wouldn't give him .10usd for political advice however.

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
I watched a pod cast with Elon Musk and he was valuing his work time out at $100 million per hour based on the impact of his decisions and the income his companies are making.....

Bike companies are world saving/improving endeavours so I doubt very much he would be interested... or has any capacity for interest,
Have you seen Tesla's merchandise: surf boards, tequila, flame throwers (Boring Company), CyberSquad (ATV), etc? The stuff sells out within seconds.

Hiltix

Mar 28, 2023
Bern, Switzerland
It starts badly again before it really begins. How unprofessional it is to communicate via Facebook (I also do not have an account despite I'am an IT Pro). And not a word about it on the website, where it 100% belongs. Instead, you have to select the "Shipping Destination" every time you open the website.

I would very much like to see Pole come back to life. But when I look at this, I have my doubts about it.

Last edited:

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
It starts badly again before it really begins. How unprofessional it is to communicate via Facebook (I also do not have an account despite I'am an IT Pro). And not a word about it on the website, where it 100% belongs. Instead, you have to select the "Shipping Destination" every time you open the website.

I would very much like to see Pole come back to life. But when I look at this, I have my doubts about it.
He is communicating this on the Pole Owners group on Facebook, which is the best and most logical place to post it. This is where any current Pole owners can post anything they want about their Pole bikes. He is also answering many questions and listening to ideas and criticism from the people there, which isn’t common at all for an owner to do. Cut the guy some slack and stop with all of the negativity. It’s not easy to run a business especially In this current climate. We all make mistakes, but give the guy some credit, he is trying to get the company going again and to do better next time. I hope it happens and I wish him success.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles