Pole Voima swing arm CRACKED

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
So IF Pole does come back to life, who's going to be buying a spare set of replacement swing arms preemptively, even if your frame is looking fine?
Hell no.

If they come back to life then there is no need to by a spare set in the immediate instance. The company will be funded to last at least a year or two before getting back into financial trouble again.
By that time I would prefer to invest that money towards a new e-bike with a more stable balance sheet that is less likely to go under.

I'd also not touch this stupid cnc machined/glued arrangement again with a barge pole. I will be going back to a material that I can fix myself if the worst happens.... that material is carbon fiber.
I don't regret buying the pole for its performance. But I do regret not spending more time/money getting my first choice of e bike which was a Crestline. At the time the cost was prohibitive. Now it is back in the realms of possibility. Even if Crestline when under I would be able to repair the carbon frame if i broke it.

Ridelow

Mar 24, 2023
Norway
Mine has started to crack now.. god damnit..
I love the bike and have sent a mail through poles website thats back up and running. Hope they can sort me out and that they are back in business..

pole crack.jpeg

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I dont dare to look. I went all out on this so really hope they can work out a solution with me somehow to keep me riding. I’m dependent on this bike to stay sane!
Apparently we will know very shortly if they are reborn or die. Leo paid for the website to be re-opened. But that's it. The deals behind the scene's are being done or not right now. So its hurry up and wait. Hopefully all you guys with cracked swing arms are sorted out.

Ridelow

Mar 24, 2023
Norway
Apparently we will know very shortly if they are reborn or die. Leo paid for the website to be re-opened. But that's it. The deals behind the scene's are being done or not right now. So its hurry up and wait. Hopefully all you guys with cracked swing arms are sorted out.
I run a business in a Nordic country and believe I understand the process of this, and I totally respect that things feel like the are out of the founders hands at this time. But no matter what happens on the business side, the fair thing to do is find a solution to this one known issue of an amazing bike.

Help me and find a solution to keep this great bikes where they belong, shredding!

Leo or anyone involved with Pole.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I run a business in a Nordic country and believe I understand the process of this, and I totally respect that things feel like the are out of the founders hands at this time. But no matter what happens on the business side, the fair thing to do is find a solution to this one known issue of an amazing bike.

Help me and find a solution to keep this great bikes where they belong, shredding!

Leo or anyone involved with Pole.

At this point I don't even care if I have to pay for a replacement part. I love my Voima so much I just want to be able to ride it without having to worry about cracking my swing arm.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I will work on a 3d printed titanium, carbon wrapped swing arm option if Pole don't survive. But its not worth investing the money in the R&D until we know for sure that Pole wont restart. If they get going again then by far and away the easiest option is to get a replacement part from Pole.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles