Pole S-Onni (Sonni)

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
OK. Solved the bottle mount challenge with the Sonni.

Sonni bottle mount closeup.jpg

One of the design tradeoffs with the Sonni was not having a suitable bottle cage mount: no room for one inside the frame and Bosch not allowing mounts on downtube plate cover for the battery. The only relegated place for the mount is on the top tube next to the seat - this may work for those with ample inseams and otherwise for level and lazy bike jaunts, but is basically unworkable for EMTB rides for which this bike is designed, unless you stay in your seat and have a deep dropper (170mm+) to lower the seat every time you come to a stop (which is what I've been doing thus far).

So with Pole in limbo and possibly throwing warranty issues into the wind, and with little bit of ingenuity, I was able to craft a Fidlock mount on the downtube near the motor. I'm basically tapped the cover, using short M3 bolts instead of typical M5 bolts and they are shallow enough as to not hit the underlying battery. They are setup in a way that if bottle gets slammed during riding, the mount will break off before the 7075AL cover would deform. The good news is the bottle is well mostly out of harm's way and I can easily move the bottle to the top tube for long uphills where the bottle is far more accessible than any internal triangle-mounted bottle would.

Sonni bottle mount .jpg

Last edited:

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
OK. Solved the bottle mount challenge with the Sonni.

View attachment 144202

One of the design tradeoffs with the Sonni was not having a suitable bottle cage mount: no room for one inside the frame and Bosch not allowing mounts on downtube plate cover for the battery. The only relegated place for the mount is on the top tube next to the seat - this may work for those with ample inseams and otherwise for level and lazy bike jaunts, but is basically unworkable for EMTB rides for which this bike is designed, unless you stay in your seat and have a deep dropper (170mm+) to lower the seat every time you come to a stop (which is what I've been doing thus far).

So with Pole in limbo and possibly throwing warranty issues into the wind, and with little bit of ingenuity, I was able to craft a Fidlock mount on the downtube near the motor. I'm basically tapped the cover, using short M3 bolts instead of typical M5 bolts and they are shallow enough as to into hit the underlying battery. They are setup in a way that if bottle gets slammed during riding, the mount will break off before the 7075AL cover would deform. The good news is the bottle is well mostly out of harm's way and I can easily move the bottle to the top tube for long uphills where the bottle is far more accessible than any internal triangle-mounted bottle would.

View attachment 144201
You must have dry clean trails. I would shower that bottle in shit.
Here's my down tube from last night's "town" ride avoiding the mud.....
20240724_140038.jpg

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Best looking frame! Shame they are gone.

I am still wondering, how people have problems with bottles on enduro/fr bikes. ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles