Pic of the Day

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I keep telling folks this is the best I've used ..with different formulas for adults , kids & animals ..
What is fairly prohibitive is the delivery charge most online sites use but if you shop around you might get a reasonable price ..
I'm a little biased as for a short period of time I was the Northern Sales Manager for the main UK distributor of Ballistol..but as the slogan goes " It Works"
1000008019.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I keep telling folks this is the best I've used ..with different formulas for adults , kids & animals ..
What is fairly prohibitive is the delivery charge most online sites use but if you shop around you might get a reasonable price ..
I'm a little biased as for a short period of time I was the Northern Sales Manager for the main UK distributor of Ballistol..but as the slogan goes " It Works" View attachment 146283
Never heard of that one Neil. Have a vet I know and she is coming to the Skye weekend so I will pick her brains. She removed a tick from my arm once with her nails 💅 left no trace of it.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Coincidentally, my Exposure six pack has developed a fault where the high power mode isn't working properly, so it's on the double for a repair before I can't see where I'm going more than usual.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Coincidentally, my Exposure six pack has developed a fault where the high power mode isn't working properly, so it's on the double for a repair before I can't see where I'm going more than usual.
My 6 pack was charged last night for its first outing of the season tonight. I'm sure it gets earlier each year?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Up in the mountains this morning came across this wee hut complete with wood burner. The nearest tarmac road was a good 5 miles away. Shame it was locked but what a place to chill. 👍
View attachment 146289
I've came across some nice fisherman's ones their always locked though. I'm hoping to cycle in to one tomorrow in Raasay if track is OK. Mountain days and bothy nights you can't beat that.

Hobo Mikey

Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
The other side had a big window facing the mountains and the view down the valley. I thought the same about the wood stash. I looked through the window and it was very nice with cooker etc. Proberly a good job it was locked I might have claimed squatters rights. 😂 looked nice with my bike beside it. 👍
IMG_2576.jpeg

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
View attachment 146300 View attachment 146301 View attachment 146302 Eventful day when out at chopwell woods today
great day hit a load of jumps I normally go round
ended with my mate hitting a surron riding up the official trail in reverse who then did a runner
If I'm reading that correctly ( I had to look up what a surron was ) ..your mate was going down the trail in the right direction and the other bloke wasn't?
It's why I don't ride at Chopwell Woods..too many arseholes living right on the doorstep ..hope your mate is OK.

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
If I'm reading that correctly ( I had to look up what a surron was ) ..your mate was going down the trail in the right direction and the other bloke wasn't?
It's why I don't ride at Chopwell Woods..too many arseholes living right on the doorstep ..hope your mate is OK.
Yeah exactly right mate
4 off them flying round the forest late yesterday afternoon
hit my mate on a blind corner luckily he swerved just enough to avoid a head on crash but caught his hand on his handlebars and crashed. Cut his finger luckily didn’t break it was lying at side of trail.

the lad flew off just missed me and my other mate the balaclavas you were wearing won’t help you much

was Wearing camera so have some footage (not of crash) but of lad doing a runner
I’m gonna contract forestry but can’t see what they can do tbh
Just have to be more careful
Thing is family’s, inexperienced riders use powerline trail as it’s the only official trail there with the black
could of been way worse

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Yeah exactly right mate
4 off them flying round the forest late yesterday afternoon
hit my mate on a blind corner luckily he swerved just enough to avoid a head on crash but caught his hand on his handlebars and crashed. Cut his finger luckily didn’t break it was lying at side of trail.

the lad flew off just missed me and my other mate the balaclavas you were wearing won’t help you much

was Wearing camera so have some footage (not of crash) but of lad doing a runner
I’m gonna contract forestry but can’t see what they can do tbh
Just have to be more careful
Thing is family’s, inexperienced riders use powerline trail as it’s the only official trail there with the black
could of been way worse
Alex McClennan ( Recreation & Tourism Officer ) , Forestry England , Northern Office ...lives literally 100yds away from myself and is your first contact ..I've got his personal number but I'm not sure I should give that out ...instead try contacting him on the Bellingham office number :
Forestry England - North England District Office
0300 067 4200

Forestry England - North England District Office - Google Search

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
Alex McClennan ( Recreation & Tourism Officer ) , Forestry England , Northern Office ...lives literally 100yds away from myself and is your first contact ..I've got his personal number but I'm not sure I should give that out ...instead try contacting him on the Bellingham office number :
Forestry England - North England District Office
0300 067 4200

Forestry England - North England District Office - Google Search
Thanks for info. I’ll get in touch

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
A few pics from yesterday's fantastic ride out of Torver in South West Lakeland with Dave , Dave & Wayne ..very hot ..but not as dry & dusty as predicted 😁
My route data shows 2,600ft+ ascent ..but that is 1,000ft short of Dave & Dave's figures which were within 100ft of each other but spookily my distance was roughly the same 🤔..
1000008037.jpg
1000008038.jpg
1000008039.jpg
1000008040.jpg
1000008041.jpg
1000008042.jpg
1000008044.jpg
1000008062.jpg
1000008088.jpg
1000008089.jpg

As always great craic ..cheers boys👍🏻

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Nice wee jaunt on Raasay and Skye. Shouldn't say it but it was way too hot for us Jocks i actually got badly dehydrated . Finished the weekend off yesterday with a climb on The Cioch of Highlander fame
( There can be only one ) , that's one off the bucket 🪣 list.

View attachment 146458 View attachment 146459 View attachment 146460 View attachment 146461 View attachment 146462 View attachment 146463 View attachment 146464 View attachment 146465 View attachment 146466 View attachment 146467 View attachment 146468 View attachment 146469 View attachment 146470 View attachment 146471 View attachment 146472 View attachment 146473
That looks truly fantastic

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
First proper wet weekend of autumn, first proper slam. Flat, innocuous, wouldn't think twice section of chalk trail, turned into a skate rink & washed out the front wheel so fast, I couldn't even get a foot out. Mate following couldn't even walk on it!

2UcohrhM.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles