Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
IMG_5325.jpeg
IMG_5321.jpeg
IMG_5324.jpeg
IMG_5320.jpeg
1. Pic we call it like Devils field. Formed after the ice age when the ice started to melt
And August is the best time if you like wild berries. There is now a lot of berries in the woods.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Weather was looking good for Sunday so charged the bike overnight ready. Decided to go a bit further afield than Rivington/Winter Hill or Darwen Moor. Having been to Gisburn in last few weeks I thought I'd go to Llandegla in North Wales.

Well it took a while to get there with all the holiday traffic heading for North Wales but once on the minor roads, held up by f**king Roadies! One peloton was over thirty riders strung out over 100 yards so no one could pass! 20 minutes we were all stuck behind that band of inconsiderate w*nkers!

Anyway, got there in the end and had a great time with trails running dry and dusty if a little slippy because of it in some areas. Only took the one photo - looking over to Snowdonia just before the start of the Black sections (more later).
Landegla view.jpg

(Snowdon is just out of shot on the right - don't think I'll win any prizes there!)

Did a full loop of the Black/Reds. The trail fairies have been in mending some of the trails but they have also put in some absolute monster tables and jumps in the second section of the Black. Some of them are about 9ft (3m) high and approaching vertical! Well, some fun was had by all there!

Second loop was the Blue, checking it out to see if suitable for 'er indoors to ride if she ever comes out this way. Nothing too nasty and she'd cope with it as she likes the Blue at Whinlatter.

Just about 21 miles, 2400ft of climbing and 1700kCals burnt off (Saturday's Chinese!).
Llandegla Loops.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Weather was looking good for Sunday so charged the bike overnight ready. Decided to go a bit further afield than Rivington/Winter Hill or Darwen Moor. Having been to Gisburn in last few weeks I thought I'd go to Llandegla in North Wales.

Well it took a while to get there with all the holiday traffic heading for North Wales but once on the minor roads, held up by f**king Roadies! One peloton was over thirty riders strung out over 100 yards so no one could pass! 20 minutes we were all stuck behind that band of inconsiderate w*nkers!

Anyway, got there in the end and had a great time with trails running dry and dusty if a little slippy because of it in some areas. Only took the one photo - looking over to Snowdonia just before the start of the Black sections (more later).
View attachment 145191
(Snowdon is just out of shot on the right - don't think I'll win any prizes there!)

Did a full loop of the Black/Reds. The trail fairies have been in mending some of the trails but they have also put in some absolute monster tables and jumps in the second section of the Black. Some of them are about 9ft (3m) high and approaching vertical! Well, some fun was had by all there!

Second loop was the Blue, checking it out to see if suitable for 'er indoors to ride if she ever comes out this way. Nothing too nasty and she'd cope with it as she likes the Blue at Whinlatter.

Just about 21 miles, 2400ft of climbing and 1700kCals burnt off (Saturday's Chinese!).
View attachment 145193
Don't mind a few tractors but I know what you mean . I cycle on road bikes and never have a problem pulling over to let cars past. Probably against the law keeping folk waiting that long . Remember a off duty policeman reporting a combine harvester for not pulling over he got fined.

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Yes good couple of runs . Rain started when I got back to car. Had a short run at Balblair this morning as I was passing, some of black was shut. Never been there before.
I've never heard of Balblair before ..I love a bit of rock slab..but it would have to be tinder box dry before I tackled that woodwork ( don't know how many times I've come to grief on wood ) ..that said it does look good on this vid..

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Some of black closed so I never seen the boardwalk. The blue was ok as well . I only had 40 percent battery after Golspie intended to climb Ben Loyal today but midge was horrendous so headed home I passed balblair so had a spin. Couple I met yesterday were on about it I'd never heard of it.. I would go back again if I was passing. I take bike most times when I'm going anywhere for the weekend on my own ,don't like the idea of passing something I could cycle. Lot of technical up rock riding I had a fair amount of pedal strikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles